• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Generic version of "HMS_Interceptor"

Then I'll replace it with "US_Interceptor". If anyone reports that a Spanish warship now has the wrong interface picture, I'll put it back somewhere else, and at least then we'll know what it is...

I guess I'm fine with the water line. Just don't mess up my hard work. :razz
On second thoughts, I'll leave "HMS_Interceptor" without the waterline. A Google Image search for "HMS Interceptor" turns up a couple of shots of the ship showing her underside, and they don't show a waterline.

But I wasn't planning to touch anything on the top side anyway. Your work would have been safe. ;)

On second thoughts, I'll leave "HMS_Interceptor" without the waterline. A Google Image search for "HMS Interceptor" turns up a couple of shots of the ship showing her underside, and they don't show a waterline.

But I wasn't planning to touch anything on the top side anyway. Your work would have been safe. ;)

I plan on doing more ships. I'm just kinda lazy. lol

Here's "US_Interceptor", front and back views:
us_interceptor2.jpg us_interceptor_stern.jpg

She's available for selection to American characters, and should be available to British too. Britain has a small chance of getting the ship because I'm not sure if her appearance in "Star Trek: Generations" was supposed to be a British or American naval ship.
us_interceptor_selection.jpg

"US_Interceptor" is repaint-compatible with "RN_Interceptor". But "HMS_Interceptor" remains separate. (Both the new versions are a bit slower than "HMS_Interceptor" so they get 6lb guns instead of the 4lb armament of "HMS_Interceptor".)
us_interceptor_shipyard.jpg

That paint scheme looks really good on her, @Grey Roger! :onya

I'm not sure if her appearance in "Star Trek: Generations" was supposed to be a British or American naval ship
American, I imagine? She was the "USS Enterprise", wasn't she?

Actually, there is already a "US_Enterprise" and "USS_Enterprise" in the game.
One of those is a schooner and completely different, but the other one is a repaint of the Interceptor in "American white/black".

Yes, a clip on YouTube shows the holodeck scene and "USS Enterprise" is mentioned.

The black/white version is "USS_Enterprise", whose comments call it "HMS Interceptor model, with historical stats". Fair enough - I'll copy those stats onto both "RN_Interceptor" and "US_Interceptor", and maybe make "US_Interceptor" a "versatile" ship, available to both civilians and naval - it's not exactly a major warship if I copy the historical stats, which put both ships back to being 4lb, and its bright colour scheme makes it look more civilian than "RN_Interceptor" or "USS_Enterprise".

Last edited:
The black/white version is "USS_Enterprise", whose comments call it "HMS Interceptor model, with historical stats". Fair enough - I'll copy those stats onto both "RN_Interceptor" and "US_Interceptor", and maybe make "US_Interceptor" a "versatile" ship, available to both civilians and naval - it's not exactly a major warship if I copy the historical stats, which put both ships back to being 4lb, and its bright colour scheme makes it look more civilian than "RN_Interceptor" or "USS_Enterprise".
The Lady Washington herself seems to have been more of a merchant ship than a navy one, so perhaps "versatile" does indeed make more sense for "US_Interceptor" (aka. "Lady Washington").
But I'm not particularly attached to the general stats, so if you want to bump them up to make them "navy only", that is also fine by me.

I've kept the crew low. Lady Washington has 12 crew and 45 passengers, so I'm giving these ships max crew 57 and min crew 12. "RN_Interceptor" remains pure military because of its naval colour scheme, while "US_Interceptor", though having the same stats so it can remain repaint-compatible, becomes "versatile".

Both versions are now included here:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/RN_Interceptor.zip

Back