• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Its ok bud, we obviously want everyone to have fun and that bug is seen as a game breaker so it required imidiate fixing. Some bugs slip through as is the case with all games, patches and mods for all games. We tried our best to get a bug free or as close to as possible bug free mod out, and for the better parts of it looks like we have done well their. Just some bugs that we can accept and fix in the next patch but for game breaker's they require the fixes to be released asap.

If you are looking for a challange i suggest looking in options and changing the settings to realistic for all settings, because that will drastically increase the difficulty of the game and make it so you will not see large ships in battles straight away so you don't get the better ships to soon. Its up to you about RTBL been on or off because that will effect how long a naval battle can last, and if you want to get as many hours as you can into the game then i woulod suggest leaving that off. But go and have some fun and hope you enjoy the game bud. :onya

I think you should post the correct GoF modpack downloads in the forum's Downloads section too: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/files/category/13-city-of-abandoned-ships-mods/

Also a question on the ModDB profiles: I see you posted the modpack to both the CM and GoF profile. Which one do you intend to use?
It seems a bit doubled up to me. We can rename the CM profile to GoF and then you can keep the old one.

Hey guys

I've installed both patches and then reinstalled 1.1 to be sure
It is telling me that i am running GOF 1.0

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I have just been extracting the 1.1 patch to my main game directory (C:\Games\AOP2\)

Any suggestions?

Hey guys

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I have just been extracting the 1.1 patch to my main game directory (C:\Games\AOP2\)

Any suggestions?

I'm sure they can tell you better than I, but I always do patches manually, folder by folder. It can take a few minutes, but I rarely have problems doing it that way with any game I Mod or Patch. Because if you have a patch for a Ship for example, and the folder is say 'Corvette', and you just drag and drop that folder, the patch folder may only contain one file, thus you removed all the others in the original folder.
So i is best to go folder by folder and just replace one file at a time, and overwrite the patched files, not the whole folder.

Its ok bud, we obviously want everyone to have fun and that bug is seen as a game breaker so it required imidiate fixing. Some bugs slip through as is the case with all games, patches and mods for all games. We tried our best to get a bug free or as close to as possible bug free mod out, and for the better parts of it looks like we have done well their. Just some bugs that we can accept and fix in the next patch but for game breaker's they require the fixes to be released asap.

If you are looking for a challange i suggest looking in options and changing the settings to realistic for all settings, because that will drastically increase the difficulty of the game and make it so you will not see large ships in battles straight away so you don't get the better ships to soon. Its up to you about RTBL been on or off because that will effect how long a naval battle can last, and if you want to get as many hours as you can into the game then i woulod suggest leaving that off. But go and have some fun and hope you enjoy the game bud. :onya

Yeah, I don't know if I want the Naval battles to be 15+ minutes. If they didn't happen so often I would be more inclined to try it out. But I can get attacked 5 times in 5 game days easily. When I play a Pirate, I do not switch flags. I'm not playing it to 'Complete The Game' quests and all that. The only time I drop the Jolly Roger is to do the Morgan quest line. After that, the Jolly Roger stays up. When I play as another Nation like the Dutch or English, I'll try it then.
:onya

Hey guys

Any suggestions?

Both patches?

1. Uninstall COAS
2. Check original install directory to make sure everything was removed after COAS was uninstalled, if not delete it.
3. Install COAS
4. Install GOF 1.0
5. Install GOF 1.1
6. Start COAS and have fun.

If you want to play as a pirate from the start then install the file found on this post and follow the instuctions found in that post. RPG Utilities

I have to praise the Mod team of GOF again. I know this is a bug thread and all that, but I have to give some praise here. COAS was as stable as a 90 year old woman going up hill on roller blades. Crash, Crash, Crash. CM 3.2 Reduced the crashing rate in my game by at least 70%. And so far, in about 8 real time hours in the GOF mod, the game has not crashed yet. *knock on ship* So, great job again, Modders ! :bow

Umm btw a rather stupid question but how long does it take to have the chance to actually buy good ships (class 1-4)? cuz the only ships of that sort is see are mine which i sell... i am running around with the skinny dude who is now almost lvl 30 and it is already november 1666 but all i can tell is that there are still towns where i have the opportunity to only buzy that 7th rate ship xD could anyone help me with that matter?

Oh and i accidently started the pirate questline and i am searching for that stupid guy who fooled me but when i come to port cumana with my lineship he does not tell me anythign about him :S what have i done wrong`? the barkeeper and goodley have told me to go to cumana and there i am getting no info and getting angry for not finding the porblem -_-* maybe gonna rape some spanish traders now since i am clueless ;)

Hopefully some help will come soon^^

So the pirate nation is broken, we will have to look into this.
Confirmed. Probably this code isn't working for Pirates:
Code:
ch.HeroParam.ToCityId     = FindAlliedColonyForNation(sti(ch.nation), true); // JA: Nation-Dependent Start Location
You could revert to my copy of the code or simply do something like this:
Code:
	// JA: Nation-Dependent Start Location -->
if(sti(ch.nation) == PIRATE)	ch.HeroParam.ToCityId     = FindAlliedColonyForNation(sti(ch.nation), true);
else							ch.HeroParam.ToCityId     = "Pirates";
// JA: Nation-Dependent Start Location <--
That looks good Pieter, except it's backwards.
should be:
Code:
	// JA: Nation-Dependent Start Location -->
if(sti(ch.nation) == PIRATE)	ch.HeroParam.ToCityId     = "Pirates";
else							ch.HeroParam.ToCityId     = FindAlliedColonyForNation(sti(ch.nation), true);
// JA: Nation-Dependent Start Location <--

I'll make another patch...

Hey guys

Any suggestions?

Both patches?

1. Uninstall COAS
2. Check original install directory to make sure everything was removed after COAS was uninstalled, if not delete it.
3. Install COAS
4. Install GOF 1.0
5. Install GOF 1.1

If you want to play as a pirate from the start then install the file found on this post and follow the instuctions found in that post. RPG Utilities

sry to dissapoint you but i did exactly the thing you said after i had various porblem with the CM 3.2 and the GOF files...

But still it keeps saying 1.0 and not 1.1 but it actually doesn't matter does it? You can check VERY easily if you have patch 1.1 in your game installed:
The Overlay of the game is different than 1.0 alse there is a beginning intro by the GOF mods.
If your overlay in the character customization is red than you have 1.1 ;)

Umm btw a rather stupid question but how long does it take to have the chance to actually buy good ships (class 1-4)? cuz the only ships of that sort is see are mine which i sell... i am running around with the skinny dude who is now almost lvl 30 and it is already november 1666 but all i can tell is that there are still towns where i have the opportunity to only buzy that 7th rate ship xD could anyone help me with that matter?

Oh and i accidently started the pirate questline and i am searching for that stupid guy who fooled me but when i come to port cumana with my lineship he does not tell me anythign about him :S what have i done wrong`? the barkeeper and goodley have told me to go to cumana and there i am getting no info and getting angry for not finding the porblem -_-* maybe gonna rape some spanish traders now since i am clueless ;)

You have to sail around Cumana in a class 7 ship in sailing mode, not the world map mode. And be ready for a fight, because he is in a class 5 ship.

You have to sail around Cumana in a class 7 ship in sailing mode, not the world map mode. And be ready for a fight, because he is in a class 5 ship.

What is your charactes rank?

Also what mods do you have turned on ie, Realistic weights, Realistic Spyglass etc etc.

By 1666 your character should be at least rank 20+ more like rank 30+ so you should be seeing a lot of different ship types when engaging fleets, in ports and for sale at shipyards.

What operating system are you running the game under?

Hey guys

Any suggestions?

Both patches?

1. Uninstall COAS
3. Install COAS
4. Install GOF 1.0
5. Install GOF 1.1

sry to dissapoint you but i did exactly the thing you said after i had various porblem with the CM 3.2 and the GOF files...

But still it keeps saying 1.0 and not 1.1 but it actually doesn't matter does it? You can check VERY easily if you have patch 1.1 in your game installed:
The Overlay of the game is different than 1.0 alse there is a beginning intro by the GOF mods.
If your overlay in the character customization is red than you have 1.1 ;)

Oh now i understand what was wrong, yes sorry we didn't include the file that changes the 1.0 to 1.1. We will make sure that is in 1.2 though.

What is your charactes rank?
He's under french flag
Ship: La Lincorne (dunno may be wrong in spelling but the ship has white sails and got a speed of 18,85 so actually this is a real badass maxed out lineship which i use as a chasing frigate)
Weapon: used to have a heavy sword but now i encountered that you are able to use the 2 handed gun and now i can easily pwn a spanish man o war with a crew of 297 guys and only loose 20 of ma veterans xD man this gun makes 280 damage and it reloads like a sniper rifle^^) so lovin it^^

Also what mods do you have turned on ie, Realistic weights, Realistic Spyglass etc etc.
only GOF 1.1

By 1666 your character should be at least rank 20+ more like rank 30+ so you should be seeing a lot of different ship types when engaging fleets, in ports and for sale at shipyards.
As you can seen above i am rank (if you mean my lvl) 28 and still at every shipbuilder there are only rate 7-5 ships or just one 7th rate tartane -_-* man they should really start building friken frigates there cuz i never encountered a frigate with WHITE sails (man i hope there will be an option to whiten the sails in the coming patch) and i never encountered the arabella... just either big trade ships, small schooners or really really badass man o wars/battleships :D

What operating system are you running the game under?
Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Btw i don't know if this program could help you in finding bugs or could be a nice tool, but we use it in my fathers company very often to identify computer problems/find out the OS key etc. very helpful ;)
We use it mainly as a network tool but maybe it can be of some use for ya ;) (yes it is freeware)^^

http://www.gtopala.com

Ok i know your problem now, go into options and then mods. Now turn all settings that are turned on to off aka set to default. This will then fix your problem. Some mods are turned on by default, you may need to save your game and close the game down and then reload it. This is because the reinit option is no longer their, but you shouldn't have to do this. By warned though the game might be completely different to what you have been playing so far because those mods to change the gameplay a lot. If you want to keep all the settings as they are and only allow for the game to allow more ships classes to be generated other than class 7 to 5. Just turn realistic encounters to default or off, and realistic ship purchase off or to default. Then see how it goes. Sail to a new town and look in the shipyard to see if their are new ships available. :onya

Ok i know your problem now, go into options and then mods. Now turn all settings that are turned on to off aka set to default. This will then fix your problem. Some mods are turned on by default, you may need to save your game and close the game down and then reload it. This is because the reinit option is no longer their, but you shouldn't have to do this. By warned though the game might be completely different to what you have been playing so far because those mods to change the gameplay a lot. If you want to keep all the settings as they are and only allow for the game to allow more ships classes to be generated other than class 7 to 5. Just turn realistic encounters to default or off, and realistic ship purchase off or to default. Then see how it goes. Sail to a new town and look in the shipyard to see if their are new ships available. :onya

thanks i gonna try it out now :D

@Luke:

woah the gameplay has changed alot! i tried to take over some small traders and when i encountered them they had 3 1st class and 2 2-3rd class ships :S long story short after capturing the 3 man o wars i had only a crew of 96 people and the enemy started using grapes :S so i sailed away and lost 2 of my 3 captured man o wars :p
still it is REALLZ crazy now... in comparison to all those big ships my lineship is a shooner^^ still it is fun but i think i will switch back to realistic encounters because this way i will be running around every isle in search for some crew^^

Is fast Travel for Pirate Nation supposed to only work in Pirate towns? If I got to any English, Dutch, or Spanish town as a Pirate, I cannot fast travel to the Tavern/Store/Shipyard etc, in their towns. However, if I play as another nation like English, I can fast travel in everyone's towns. Is it supposed to be that way, or is the fast travel for Pirate broken? If it's supposed to be this way, then would someone give me the code and where it goes to turn fast travel on in all towns? Seems unfair everyone can fast travel in everyone elses towns but pirates.

You might be getting chased in the other towns, in which case there is no code that changes that... only thing I can think of unless it is deliberate :shrug

You might be getting chased in the other towns, in which case there is no code that changes that... only thing I can think of unless it is deliberate :shrug

Well I'm Pirate Nation, and have a trading license with the English, but I cannot fast travel. The guards are fine with me there.

No fast travel will work in nations ports you have a letter of marque for and any nations that they have listed as nuteral or allied. Like if you was English then you would be able to fast travel in pirate, English and French towns. You you purchased a letter of marque for England then you would be given that option to fast travel in those towns.

Back