• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Yes, there are no requirements to patch it and its an exe so will install itself when you tell it to. Make certain that you have an unmodded copy of COAS already installed.

There was a mod after this called 1.1.2 that you can put on top of it after if you want. Can't remember what it added though. The link is around here somewhere.

MK

You don't need 1.0 to put 1.1 on top of? it just seems curious that the 1.1 release is only ~110 mb and all other full versions of gof are about ~2 gb.

I personally think that GOF 1.1 is the most stable. That's what I used as the base to build GOF Eras on. GOF 2.0 is stable as well but has the surrender issues.

MK

Thank you sir, I've patched up to 1.1.2 and have had no issues so far aside from the sea wolf quest (that could have been just me) and am loving the game, thank you again for all your contributions to the best game in existence. :)

Thank you sir, I've patched up to 1.1.2 and have had no issues so far aside from the sea wolf quest (that could have been just me) and am loving the game, thank you again for all your contributions to the best game in existence. :)
Our pleasure Mate. MK

Can I report bug here? My game stuck everytime I change the flag to Spain. :ship

I need to fix it to complete the Dutch Quest spying Santiago Governor for Henry Morgan. First I thought it was installation problem but after reinstalling couple times even with new copy of AOP 2 it still happen. What is the problem, how to fix it so I can change to Spain flag without game error? ThxD

Using Mod GoF 1.2 Patch 1.0

Another request, my game crashed each time I try to destroy the Spanish fleets that attacking Curacao in the Dutch / United Provinces Quest line. I have plan to try remove the gun powder from very large battleships that could make the game crashed when they fire the balls.

However it's pain in the ass to find which file contains the Dutch Quest line, and the spawned Spanish fleets. I'd try Locate32, no luck.

Hola a todos los foreros, soy yo de nuevo pidiendo una ayuda por favor! Como mi pregunta es en español, lo escribiré los mejor posible. Resulta que en el Gof 1.2, Jack Sparrow siempre comienza con la Perla Negra. ¿Ustedes me podrían decir como puedo hacer que Hector Barbossa siempre comienze con el Queen Anne's Revenge? (necesito saber cuál es el archivo que debo abrir)
Mi otra duda también es está: ¿De que se trata el "modernknight1"?¿Acaso es un mod? (se ve muy bien el cielo nocturno y el mar), y si fuera así, ¿es compatible con el GoF 1.2? Eso es todo, muchas gracias por si me ayudan. Les deseo todo lo mejor, gracias!

Hola a todos los foreros, soy yo de nuevo pidiendo una ayuda por favor! Como mi pregunta es en español, lo escribiré los mejor posible. Resulta que en el Gof 1.2, Jack Sparrow siempre comienza con la Perla Negra. ¿Ustedes me podrían decir como puedo hacer que Hector Barbossa siempre comienze con el Queen Anne's Revenge? (necesito saber cuál es el archivo que debo abrir)
Mi otra duda también es está: ¿De que se trata el "modernknight1"?¿Acaso es un mod? (se ve muy bien el cielo nocturno y el mar), y si fuera así, ¿es compatible con el GoF 1.2? Eso es todo, muchas gracias por si me ayudan. Les deseo todo lo mejor, gracias!

@Zombra: yo ya no estoy trabajando en los mods, así que no te puedo ayudar, pero seguro que alguien lo hace.

Translation

Hello everybody. I'm a new user needing some help.

- In GOF 1.2 Jack Sparrow starts with the Black Pearl. How I can do to have Hector Barbossa starting with the Queen Anne's Revenge? (Which file I need to tweak?).

- What the "modernknight1" is? Is it a mod? (BTW, the night sky and the sea are beautiful). If it is a mod: is it compatible with GOF 1.2?

Thanks in advance and all the better for you all.

- o -

Cheers for you all, mates.
buho (A).

Greetings friends!

I am in a difficulty :modding. On this amazing site I used to find with little difficulty the AOP2 GOF mod(latest one as far as I knew). I would like to download the same mod now but anything looks different for me. On the post for this mod I remember roughly what the moderator said :"We understood that it is too long and complicated to install part 1.01(I think) then part 1.02 so we put everything in this zip file so that everyone can just extract the content put it on fresh copy of COAS and have fun". The mod was 12 gb as far as I remember. Now why am I writhing this in this forum? Well it is the closest thing I could find to that mod I remember. Also I can't download this mod(GoF 1.2) for some reason. I click on the hyper-link but a totally different site with no file for download appears. I wasn't here for a lot of time so a new GOF may be available, idk. Could you please send me the link to the latest working GOF patch?

Thank you all in advance

Yes, the links in the #1 post do not work. But starting with post #798 on page 40 of this thread there is a discussion and links to where GOF can be found.

Thanks.
I found a lot of links for different patches where you pointed out. Unfortunately most of them are unavailable for now that is what the site says. Also witch one is the latest GOF mod 1.1.2 or other one?

Other one? Do you mean GOF2? GOF2 is the latest one but it is not finished yet. When Luke159 comes out with the next patch it should be pretty good. The current version seems to have a surrender bug.

Oww nice new patch :bounce. By "other one" I meant to ask is GOF 1.1.2 the latest patch or is there newer version of it. I am not very familiar with all the mods and patches of AOP2.

De verdad, por favor, necesito saber cual es el archivo que permite que Jack Sparrow inicie con la Perla Negra. Jack Sparrow cuando lo elegimos siempre comienza con la Perla Negra, y quisiera saber cual es el archivo que permite eso. Gracias.
Saludos!

Hi, I just decided to try these mods on the game (beforehand, I was just doing the combined mod thing). I've got GOF 1.0 and GOF 1.1 installed. But, how does one go about doing GO 1.1.2 . I suspect my problems are due to my ignorance with modding. I went and got BitZipper to get the files out of GOF 1.1.2, but how do I proceed from there? The Readme file doesn't help me quite understand what to do here. All it says is "Drop the GOF 1.1.x "Program", "RESOURCES" and "~GOF 1.1.x DOCUMENTATION~" folders into your root game folder.
GOF 1.1.x may comprise one or two packs. Repeat the above operation for every one, unpacking the lower-numbered first (i.e: GOF 1.1.1 first and then GOF 1.1.2)."
I am guessing that some of you here read that and completely understand what that is telling you - I can't get it for some reason. Could someone help explain what that means so I can put the patch on the game?

I am not awake yet, so could easily be wrong, but it should be a simple drag n drop proposition. It should ask you if you really want to merge those folders when it works correctly.

Back