• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

I must say, from what I have seen of non-"PotC Build Mod" installers, the process isn't at all as simple as I tried to make the PotC ones.
They're not even self-extracting EXE files. Despite me having repeatedly offered to help with making a proper installer for it all. :facepalm

Okay, I understood that somewhat. Okay, so I have to drag and drop and sometimes merge files - but there are dozens of files. Which files go where? That's what I'm having trouble with here.

Surely they kept the PROGRAM and RESOURCE folder structures in tact for those installation files? :shock

Okay, now I feel like an idiot.
I just needed to learn how to use the BitZipper Program for opening .7z things. When you first open it, it just shows the files without organization, but apparently there is another way to view it in terms of folders - (just look to the left of the window!) so there is a PROGRAM and RESOURCE folder in there. Now I understand the instructions a lot better. Granted, I had to manually drop all the files into their individual folders (which took a while), but the game appears to be working now.

I will play with the game for a while to make sure everything works okay.

If you don't come up with an installer, I would recommend a set of instructions for this patch for simpletons like me. I wasn't familiar with .7z files (and the programs that can open them) and...I don't know, the instructions available just seemed too short to give a full understanding of what I was supposed to do. I figured it out eventually, but it took a while.
I guess I should have expected difficulty from this since I am more familiar with the construction and development of the historical ships depicted in this game (I study Atlantic World Maritime History for a living) and not so much with modding.

One other question, unless I missed this somewhere in the greater thread here, this doesn't work anymore from the instructions: "Mates Voices WAV files must be downloaded separately from
http://www.mediafire.com/?zmw58va6700e9x2 (4 MB)."
When I put in the link, the Media Fire site says that the files are Invalid or Deleted. Can I get these files somewhere else, or are these files not that necessary?

Many of our mods do have self extraction and installation. I guess Luke didn't add it to this mod. Frankly I am used to adding Program, Resource and Module files manually for tons of games.

There is no need to add the sub folders/files separately. If you simply highlight all the folders and files and then drag them and plop them into the unmodded game folder, they will begin to replace all vanilla content.

All you have to do is give your computer instructions to replace files each time it asks. Its best just to check the option to do it for all when that happens - will save a lot of time.

I will make certain to give very detailed instructions for GOF ERAs

MK

I will make certain to give very detailed instructions for GOF ERAs
Try to make the installer work as easy as possible so that long instructions aren't necessary. People don't read them.
I can help you make a nice installer; as long as the filesize remains below 2 GB.

Hey, the bugs section is a broken link, and Google yields no results, so I have to report this here:

My wind speed is constantly zero, with realistic weather off. I even turned it off in _mods_on_off.h.
GoF is a blast but it's really hard to play when I can't move (I am currently stuck in combat, having not saved for a while prior, so I can't even go to the world map).

Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance and thanks for making AoP2 the amazing game that it's become.

EDIT: I don't think my wind speed has gone below 1 since exiting that battle. I have a question, though:
I died upon looting a skeleton's corpse, is this supposed to happen? It's happened to me on treasure chests, so I assumed it was just a trap on the treasure chest, but should it happen upon searching corpses?

I have problem with Ship's pirce. The shipyard only buy my capture ship for a very tiny amount of piaster and after I repaire the ship, the price reduce to 0. But right after I sell the ship for shipyard, its price increase to a big amount of piaster. Any1 got the same problem?

So, been a long time fan of this game and the mods, but only now joined the community after digging this game out of the bin I'd thrown it in.

I've been having a HUGE problem, lately, with boarding actions. Namely, they aren't happening. I can't board the enemy, and they won't board me. It's lead to many a pointless battle and wasted hours. Anybody have any help for me?

Hello folks,
Ive been playing the game for a Week, 3 days with the Mod.
Since i have the mod i am constantly crashing, "Geometry.dll". Which ruined my games experience pretty... fast :(
Using GoF Full Release 1.2.
I Am pretty sure the 32 Frigate and 30 Frigate are causing this, that Fence on lar & starboard that got added, some weird fluffy boxes on the 30 Frigate(Also Surprise) Same skin.
Anything i can do to fix that constant crashing ?

So im here also to comunicate a problem im having not sure if was already comunicated but here it go so i installed a fresh copy of COAS and then GoF V1.2 FULL patch and then his patch everything cool but i got a problem with the debug window so i tried modify some stuff on the F6 section insted of a man o war i selected a lower ship so i puted the name of the ship (the ship name that appears on the ship.init file) for example "SHIP_TARTANE" and i also changed some cargo that the ship would come.My problem is when im on game and i press the F6 in the debug window he still give's me the man o war with the standart cargo so i unnistalled everything and ive done the same install order but it still happens i tried to look to the file's cant find anything about this so can someone help me? would apreciate thanx

Hello folks,
Ive been playing the game for a Week, 3 days with the Mod.
Since i have the mod i am constantly crashing, "Geometry.dll". Which ruined my games experience pretty... fast :(
Using GoF Full Release 1.2.
I Am pretty sure the 32 Frigate and 30 Frigate are causing this, that Fence on lar & starboard that got added, some weird fluffy boxes on the 30 Frigate(Also Surprise) Same skin.
Anything i can do to fix that constant crashing ?

There are a lot of ships with anomalies that were imported that are responsible for crashes. You can edit the ships init file for those ships. Where its says trade and war make them = false. If the nations code is at the bottom of each file make them all zeros. That will cause them to appear much less. You will have to do a reinit or start a new game for the changes to take.

MK

So im here also to comunicate a problem im having not sure if was already comunicated but here it go so i installed a fresh copy of COAS and then GoF V1.2 FULL patch and then his patch everything cool but i got a problem with the debug window so i tried modify some stuff on the F6 section insted of a man o war i selected a lower ship so i puted the name of the ship (the ship name that appears on the ship.init file) for example "SHIP_TARTANE" and i also changed some cargo that the ship would come.My problem is when im on game and i press the F6 in the debug window he still give's me the man o war with the standart cargo so i unnistalled everything and ive done the same install order but it still happens i tried to look to the file's cant find anything about this so can someone help me? would apreciate thanx

Whenever you edit ships or names, those names will not appear with the correct associated information in game even after doing a reinit. The only way to see the changes you've made is to start a new game.

MK

i forgot to mention that i had started a new game after that but its ok i already fixed the issue it was caused by myself after i installed 2 time's COAS and unnistaled both at same time what happened is only 1 was unnistaled and the other one somehow stayed conected to the rest of the versions of the game i installed next.I got a new problem but its related to the particle's part so i tested and played GoF 2.0 and didnt got this problem now im playing GoF 1.2 full release im having some issues and my game gets instable everytime i fire the cannons against a ship, against a fort i never had this problem at least almost 99% i dont have any issues at all after i tested this some several hours i saw that the problem is when the cannon balls hit the enemy (and make's that blow particle) or my ship, so if none of me or the enemy ship shot no lag when it fire's then im doomed lol i tried to look to the GoF 1.2 file's to see which one was causing this lag to me tried to backup some file's from the GoF 2.0 to the GoF 1.2 full release didnt work i tried to look to both of cannon's and ship's code's to find maybe something wrote wrong didnt find so yeah this is my problem atm and only reason im not enjoying the game.The rest of the game is fine good job with the mod guyz i also fixed a issue that the man o war had the wrong max cannons on the ship_ini file showed 106 but the total of right left front and back cannons was 108.

Back