1. Dismiss Notice
  2. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  4. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

5. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Discussion in 'Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships' started by Officerpuppy, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ChezJfrey

ChezJfrey Master Mariner Storm Modder

I've been thinking more, and considering the fact that the 'random' adjustment is still using the original TurnRate to figure an amount to slightly alter every unique ship's numbers, which in theory, could make the occasional ship get a huge jump above others of its same type (because you are reducing turn rate so much), it might be better to change it first, then let it do the random part like this:

//Add 2 lines to adjust first
    rRealShip.TurnRate = stf(rRealShip.TurnRate) * 0.35;
    rRealShip.SpeedRate = stf(rRealShip.SpeedRate) * 0.95;
    //Now let it do the normal calc
    rRealShip.TurnRate = stf(rRealShip.TurnRate) + frandSmall(stf(rRealShip.TurnRate) / 5.0) - stf(rRealShip.TurnRate) / 10.0;
    rRealShip.SpeedRate = stf(rRealShip.SpeedRate) + frandSmall(stf(rRealShip.SpeedRate) / 5.0) - stf(rRealShip.SpeedRate) / 10.0;

It's almost the same thing, but now the frandSmall(stf(rRealShip.TurnRate) / 5.0) - stf(rRealShip.TurnRate) / 10.0; part is also using the smaller number to do it's alteration, rather than the larger, original number.

2. Mirsaneli

Mirsaneli Freebooter Storm Modder

Interesting. I will try it and report back. Do you, by any chance, have a solution to the well known problem where ships with lower caliber guns fire like semi automatic rifles? It annoys me pretty much, and isn't really realistic :)

3. ChezJfrey

ChezJfrey Master Mariner Storm Modder

Hehe, you are the second person to ask me this in the last two days. I started looking into this yesterday and contemplating the best approach to this. Some of it appears to be reload speed, but if that's reduced, a low-level character will suffer a similar reduction in speed and often in the lower levels, it appears that 'your' reload speed for those same low-caliber cannons is quite a bit slower compared to your opponent's, so you won't fare any better. It might be better to maybe slow the reload speed a touch, but also make your opponent in beginning/low level to be more comparable and evenly matched.

I've not yet studied/experimented enough to make any conclusions just yet, but am looking into both the .reloadrate property and the cannon skills an opponent receives from CalculateAppropriateSkills in GeneratorUtilite.c relative to the player's character at certain levels.

4. Mirsaneli

I have no knowledge in coding, but I assume that it might have something to do with the difficulty level? Maybe with higher difficulty, you get penalties and AI's get bonuses. I don't know if that's the way they coded the game. I haven't played the game in sailor difficulty. Currently, I'm using Commodore difficulty. I have noticed, when I began the game, that my lugger was reloading slower than AI's lugger's. So I guess that's not equal treatment :D

5. Mirsaneli

Does anyone know what ship model is this one?
    [​IMG]

6. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

Maritime Research: Project Engineer (Analysis)
    In PotC, you could probably find her as "US_FirstRate" (or possibly "US_SotL"/"US_Victory").
    I don't know if they kept that same name when they copied her into CoAS.

7. Hylie Pistof

Hylie Pistof Curmudgeon Staff Member QA Tester Storm Modder

That is the US version of HMS Victory. It is not in GOF2 so I don't know what it is called.

Mirsaneli likes this.
  8. Mirsaneli