• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Umm may be wrong forum but when using Maya i have that annoying white screen on the 3d layout evertime i am using the toolbar or switching from one screen into the other... this is really annoying when trying to create a sword because you are always trying to get the picture stable and not to be white again xD maybe i should install 5.1? Or is it an incompatibility issue with windows 7?

Haven't a clue what the poblem is....never come across it......sorry, can't help.

Are you modeling in Maya 9 etc. then trying to open the file and export from Maya 5 ?.......sometimes they are incompatable & it only leaves you with a blank screen.

Try reinstalling Maya :shrug

damski.

Are you modeling in Maya 9 etc. then trying to open the file and export from Maya 5 ?.......sometimes they are incompatable & it only leaves you with a blank screen.

Try reinstalling Maya :shrug

damski.

nah to be honest i never used maya before but i am fast learner ;) Just tried to make a medieval sword but then saw that the hilt was kind of reatrded so i started a new layout ^^ Too bad i don't know how to save the files right :p

On lukes request i am trying to do a rapier :D the hilt look awesome^^ just need to learn how to part a ball into 2 parts^^ back to studying this maya thingy.

Hi,

To cut the sphere in half..... in any view other than perspective....right click the sphere and select 'faces' then drag a box over half of the faces to select them.....thet done go to edit polygons >extract - options> tick seperate extacted faces > press extract & that's it...done :onya

damski.

Hi,

To cut the sphere in half..... in any view other than perspective....right click the sphere and select 'faces' then drag a box over half of the faces to select them.....thet done go to edit polygons >extract - options> tick seperate extacted faces > press extract & that's it...done :onya

damski.

hey can you tell me how to make curves too? I am desperately trying to carve a nice hilt but either it gets spiky like cactus or it deforms into a monsterblade.... I guess i should have had taken the already existing weaponry... Jesus I do't even know if the weapon fits into the game... or is there someone who can scale it down for me?

Hi,

damski.

hey can you tell me how to make curves too? I am desperately trying to carve a nice hilt but either it gets spiky like cactus or it deforms into a monsterblade.... I guess i should have had taken the already existing weaponry... Jesus I do't even know if the weapon fits into the game... or is there someone who can scale it down for me?

Hi

Yes.....use the curve tools in the create tab at the top of the screen.....also check the help tab for tutorials etc.,
If help tab gives you the tutotials etc. let me know please coz it's stopped working for me.
I'll help as I can.....but have a play about first :doff

We'll have to continue this conversation in a Maya thread in the storm engine modelling section.

damski.

I've installed GOF on top of my v1.3.0 copy and all seems OK......my only questions are...what are all the b. files for in the main folder ? & can they be deleted.....not a lot of room left on my HD, so I'd like to get rid of them if it's OK.

damski.

B files?

You mean read me's?

If yes then they will obviously make no difference to the game.

I remember when i bourght a 160GB hard drive thinking i would never use all that space, now i have a 500GB HHD and i never have enough room. Looks like i will have to upgarde the HHD soon lol.

B files?

You mean read me's?

If yes then they will obviously make no difference to the game.

I remember when i bourght a 160GB hard drive thinking i would never use all that space, now i have a 500GB HHD and i never have enough room. Looks like i will have to upgarde the HHD soon lol.

No, I mean b.files.....anyway I dumped em in a folder & the game still works so I'd guess it's b for backup and it's OK to delete em. My 320GB HD died a bit since so I've been stuck with a 120GB which is full virtualy.

I remember thinking the same thing when I got my first 5 Meg Hard drive! It was quite a step up from a 360 k floppy! You people really make me feel old sometimes! xD:

@ Damski

Yeah maybe when you installed GOF 1.0 and the patch it backed up the original files, i think for you its also time for a new hard drive. The problem i have with that is having to install everything again because i don't like having hard drives set to slave, not with sata's anyway and IDE's are far to expensive now everyone's moving over to Sata. Which doesn't make sense i would have thourght IDE would have become cheaper, or maybe i am missing something. :shrug

I remember thinking the same thing when I got my first 5 Meg Hard drive! It was quite a step up from a 360 k floppy! You people really make me feel old sometimes! xD:

I feel the same when something crops up that the younger generation are like huh, what. And i'm like yeah i remember that :modding

Who ever said life begins at 30 needs shooting, once you reach say 25 every year goes past fast and what seems to be faster each year and when you think already half the year is gone and it still feels like christmas has only just past. Maybe a really boring job would make me feel every working day and think differently about years flying by.

@ Damski

Yeah maybe when you installed GOF 1.0 and the patch it backed up the original files, i think for you its also time for a new hard drive. The problem i have with that is having to install everything again because i don't like having hard drives set to slave, not with sata's anyway and IDE's are far to expensive now everyone's moving over to Sata. Which doesn't make sense i would have thourght IDE would have become cheaper, or maybe i am missing something. :shrug

I feel the same when something crops up that the younger generation are like huh, what. And i'm like yeah i remember that :modding

Who ever said life begins at 30 needs shooting, once you reach say 25 every year goes past fast and what seems to be faster each year and when you think already half the year is gone and it still feels like christmas has only just past. Maybe a really boring job would make me feel every working day and think differently about years flying by.

Really boring jobs make days seem like weeks....don't go there xD:

xD:

I just had a boring job, trying to build a computer only to find out it didn't work. Turned out it was the motherboard, and most likely the memory because when you went into the bios it would hang. It was for a friend who kept moaning about his computer been slow, everything was new not used. He had windows 7 x64 bit and that would get to the end of installing windows, but when it was about to start installing features it would blue screen, i have the exact same motherboard as his so i put windows 7 using his copy onto it on my computer and tried to run it through his computer but it wouldn't even load the bios. I took everything back and got it exchanged and when i fitted it all windows installed first time and because i was 90% sure the copy of windows i had put on using my compter would work on his i loaded his computer using the hard drive i used and it booted up fine. Obviously it updated the components in his computer. So now i know for a fact a motherboard that is identical to each other can have windows installed and work on either computer using that same windows install, just have to let it update the components first.

Anyway, the borring part was the fact that it didn't work the first time. It was saying some crap about a windows X32 bit file, well his CPU is for X64 bit only so i think maybe he had tried to install a 32 bit os on it. :shrug

But it was boring, it was problem after problem with his computer. Finally after 2 day's i have it all up and running for him, but i will try to aviod saying yes i will do it for you ever again lol.

My comp when me & a mate built it had an ATI MB.......it'd last a week then go capput......three MB's later from the same company......I gave up and asked for an Asus replacement. Man on phone said " have we stopped supplying ATI's"?....I said " yes you have to me, they are crap & obviously incompatable with the rest of the parts".....having the printout of the previous persons assistance in front of me, he had no choice but to send the Asus board. It's worked nearly perfect ever since, (6 years).

BTW.....back on topic......I'm getting lots of bad rope data and wrong cannon prob. reports after a few CTD's

Another thing....how do you turn on locators in GOF ? .....if it's the same as CM......I've forgotten how to do it. F11 doesn't work for me.

Had i known when i first got into PC's that upgrading was far better than starting over with a new rig i would have spent far less for a much better computer than i would have had say 4 years ago. You live and learn though, but saying that every rig i had did work well and i couldn't pick any faults with any of them. In fact my very first rig i gave to the inlaws some 3 years ago or so which is old, old. It uses SDram which was before DDR1. The thing is that computers specs are.

AMD single core 1.2Ghz
Ram: 1.5GB's
GPU: 512 Nvidea 5800 (i think) agp card

That computer was running smooth for years, and i use to play FSX with it for about 9 months and it was quiet good. Low settings and very laggy when their was more than 5 aircrafts onscreen at the sametime but ran perfect when their was less than that. Its only now that things have started going wrong with it like path files missing and ram no longer been recognised etc. But all the inlaws use the computer for is to view the net so they didn't anything special. Now though i will be giving them a better computer, one i have had sitting around for a while so they may as well have it.

I haven't had bad rope errors yet, but i will be testing the stability in more depth to make sure we don't let slip because we have done a good job reducing the CTD's and we don't want all our hard work to be over looked because of stability issues in later mods.

Have you turned the debug option for beta testing on in _mods_on_off?

To activate beta testing you'll need to turn it on in _mods_on_off first but for the mod switches tem selves you can activate them or deactivate them in the mods menu bud. :onya

Ok after playing a long time with Jeremy Pitt i have found the ultimate pwnage ship: Le Superbe
I think craiggo retextured it because it looks just awesome in comparison to the other ships... and the funniest thing of all since the other ships cannot surrender they keep on firing chain shots at me and try to flee asfast as they can... lol even a man o' war did that and i had some serious laugh after is aw that with all my masts destroyed ;)
Just upgraded it to a speed of 17,1 which is quite awesome for a 2nd rate ship of the line, the only problem i have with it are the sails -_-* I just don't get why there is an option for blue, red and black sails but not for the white? I guess it won't be hard to implement it and if you coders could tell me where to find it i could finally have the most awesome epic looking epic ship I have ever had... Hopefully there will be white sails option in GOF 1.2 because that ship just rockz, it needs just better sails and then I will be the happiest Jeremy Pitt in the world :D

Here's a screenie of my beloved Stormbringer, cuz when you encounter it you would wish that you we're far far away in a storm ;)

Back