• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Thanks bud, i have extracted the build mod v2.2 and will take a look through for small ships that we didn't put into GOF, i don't want big ships because its the one thing that annoyed me about having all those ships that caused me to make such drastic cut backs on ships in the first place. I did find "HMS_Indefatigable" which i won't to take a closer look at though.
No problem mate. Fair point about the larger ships, they don't deserve all the glory. :walkplank

The Indy is a version of Inzane's old HMS_Surprise model that I re-textured, and we use it for the Hornblower storyline in Build 14.
Not quite as good as our latest models, but she definitely outshines any stock ship.

I think you'd like the Rossiya model when it's done. She has a much more distinctive look than the stock frigate she's intended to replace.
See this post for the latest WIP screenshots. ;)

Don't get me wrong i like big ships aswell and would love to include them all, but for the realism side of thin gs i can't and its no offense to the modelers who made those awesome ships, i fully respect them and their work. But i'm trying to be as realistic as possible without going overboard, so some large ships but as few as possible. Enough i guess to keep everyone happy but not so many that all you see is large ships, it makes as i keep saying the ships be more unique in that 1 MOW, ok there is the Victory and the Battle MOW, but this is only to add more ships to class 1. I would love to have a couple of ships that have a ship or 2 that are 85 to 90 guns so they could be added to class to give a little difference in the ships that can be found in 1st rate ships.

She looks awesome bud, i love her and you are right she blows the stock ships out of the water. Really nice work there bud and i would love to add her to GOF2 when she's ready.:onya

so whats gonna happen to the crew damage. one grapeshot leaves u dead in the water? :D

This is why i said "not set in stone". i'm testing the changes with RTBL on, now with that off its obviously going to be harder but i can fix that by adding the RTBL switch to it and adding more crew for games with RTBL off.

Don't get me wrong i like big ships aswell and would love to include them all, but for the realism side of thin gs i can't and its no offense to the modelers who made those awesome ships, i fully respect them and their work. But i'm trying to be as realistic as possible without going overboard, so some large ships but as few as possible. Enough i guess to keep everyone happy but not so many that all you see is large ships, it makes as i keep saying the ships be more unique in that 1 MOW, ok there is the Victory and the Battle MOW, but this is only to add more ships to class 1. I would love to have a couple of ships that have a ship or 2 that are 85 to 90 guns so they could be added to class to give a little difference in the ships that can be found in 1st rate ships.
I definitely agree with your thinking here. We're able to have more large ships in Build 14 because they are spread out across the six time periods, but for GOF that's not the case (though of course MK's Eras mod is probably similar). What's your opinion on the Endeavour and Dauntless models, out of interest? They both have 100+ guns, but of course PotC fans might want them.

If there's one large ship you must have, it's the 96-gun Trinity. Spectacular modelling from Remus77 of the PotBS forums.
I'm in the process of getting her into Build 14, and will let you know when she's ready. Adding all the locators from the ground up should hopefully prevent any rope errors, too.
Again, glad you like the Rossiya. I can't wait to see her replace the old frigates once and for all! :dance

Methinks i read somewhere that directsail is disabled, so this might be nothing, but. I just sailed from Tortuga to Port au Prince. First I directsailed and when I got there the town had obvious problems and I never got the anchor icon.
So, I went back to my last save and world mapped over there. The town looked less bad and I got the anchor icon.

I just looked in my logs and I'm getting the same errors as DarthSCG and Luke159. No crashes tho.

The Endeavour and Dauntless are nice ships and as you say for POTC fans are important, but i will add them as a addon pack because of keeeping the base mod more to a realistic side, i have already included the Black Pearl, QAR, Interceptor and Cursed Dutchmen, so i haven't forgotten about the fans of POTC. But i don't want to through more 100+ gun ships in, ideally i would like to replace the Battle MOW with a ship that has less guns, but i would also like to add 1 or 2 more ships that have between 85 and 90 guns.

Trinity with her 96 guns would fit right in to replace the Battle MOW, then i just need a couple of other ships and thats the 1st rate ships finished, all other 1st rate ships would be added in a ship addon pack (maybe 2 ship addon packs would be a better idea for this). Pack 1 would have only the best of the ships that didn't make it into GOF2, while pack 2 would have all ships that have been released. Then all ship models and textures could be included in GOF2 and all files related to each addon uploaded in a folder called ship addon packs, with sub folder for pack 1 and pack 2. This way you only need to download GOF2 and then its up to the player what he/she wants from the game.

Methinks i read somewhere that directsail is disabled, so this might be nothing, but. I just sailed from Tortuga to Port au Prince. First I directsailed and when I got there the town had obvious problems and I never got the anchor icon.
So, I went back to my last save and world mapped over there. The town looked less bad and I got the anchor icon.

I just looked in my logs and I'm getting the same errors as DarthSCG and Luke159. No crashes tho.

No i haven't included the direct sail feature yet, i need to see how it was implemented into GOF 1.2 first, i also need to get the surrender feature from GOF 1.2 because i don't think this ersion is working (at least its not for me) and i have taken a ships crew right down to 1 man and still they laughed at the idea of surrendering or giving me money to leave them alone. So i blew them out of the water.:rofl

The original direcrt sail feature would have the game load the islands and town etc but before it did that the game would load a new place where you would be and then load back to where you was so it could generate the town and all the options to sail to the town, dock etc.

An addon pack makes sense for those two, you're right. Unfortunately though, I can't think of any other 85-90 gun ships that aren't already in the mod.
Maybe one of Build 14's alternate textures for the Bellona would work? I added a red French and white US version in Beta 2.

She's a 84 gun ship so thats a little unfortunate, if there are no others then i guess i will ahve to drop the bar a little so she becomes a 1st rate ship, perhaps lower it to 82 guns which would move "Bellona" and "Neptune" up to class 1. There is currently 9 ships in class 2, so moving them 2 to class 1 would make the class 2 ships more unique and put some variation in class 1 ships. Or i could lower the bar to 80 guns and have the Battleship included in class 1 and then add 1 or 2 ships to class 2, which would be 61 to 79 gun ships.

Oh yeah; somehow I thought she had 86 guns. :facepalm
You could always use the Build 14 94-gun SotL model for variety in Class 1, but the trouble is she looks very similar to the Victory, so I'm not sure she's distinctive enough to be worth it.
Lowering the bar for Class 1 sounds like the best idea.

Yeah i think i will just lower the bar, its easier to add class 2 ships than class 1 anyway.

i just noticed that a new ship is generated in the menu even if u click New Game and then Cancel
this make things easier and you can also avoid the rain error spam this way

was thinkin.. would it be better to reposition the logo so u get a better view of the ship?

Sorry i can't find where to change this, it could be the logo is set in with the imagie so the main screen is all one imagie and nothing can't be moved around. I don't know, i never worked on the menu, maybe OP, MK or another member of the GOF team will one day explain (if its possible) how to move that logo further up so more of the ships hull can be seen.

I may have been able to port over the surrender and direct sail features, i need to test this out to make sure there is no errors because there was a lot of files i had to go through to find the coding for thiese features.

Ahhhhh! why so many ships cut! Please make the ship pack quickly, in the mean time, i'm staying loyal to my battle fleet in GOF 1.2.

Its pointless making a ship addon pack at the moment because so much will change with a file or two that the ships are located in which would break the compatability of the ship addon pack from the main mod. Sorry but i won't be making a ship addon pack on till GOF2 is fully tested and all ships fixed or replaced that cause issue's (if any). All i can say is be patient, rushing will only lead to mistakes that caould lead to problems and stability issue's. Main focus is stability, yes i'm porting things in but they are been included in a beta patch, they won't include new ships as no new ships will be added for a long time. But there is a further 17 to 21 ships that will be included in the final version of GOF2.

Interesting, even in compatability mode itcan still crash (GOF 1.2 i mean) but that proves its deeper than just running the game in compatabilty mode. Thanks for this, so the ideal thing would be to test GOF 1.2 out on a computer with xp installed on it (sadly like most people, i don't have any computers with xp on it now).

Latest testing with the new updates to the surrender feature from GOF 1.2 and although when asked to surrender they said now, after a few shots of grapes from the chase guns as i closed in on them, the Sloop rigged her sails. I thourght she was going to turn for a broadside so i avoiding pulling along side, as soon as the boarding icon showed though i boarded, to find all the enemy crew scared. I looted the ship for iteams before moving to the captian, i looted the cabin and then went to the ship screen where i looted the ship of her goods and guns before releasing her. Here are some pictures.

In programs folder?

You running xp?

I never install COAS to another directory than the one it says, i alway's make a copy of the install directory into a new folder on my desktop and then install the mod to that folder rather than the main directory. Its easier, no need to reinstall the game should anything go wrong.

New update to GOF2, the link bellow adds the improved surrender code from GOF1.2, the ability to change the colour of your sails and add emblems to the sails (can only be done at the pirate shipyard). Also (although not tested yet) you should be able to sail from island to island without the need to go to the world map. Link also added to first post.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fb44i90i76501r9

Back