• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

:shrug It sounds like just bad luck. The Man O War is quite common so the Victory should be there. Maybe if you made the MOW less common............

i've just started a new game on 2.0 version...playing a lot GOF version 1.1.2 a old one.....

so my first capture was a 24 gun privateer shooner a class 5 ship....and of course i run to change my merchant shooner class 7 - the started ship....but at shipyard i've received to my ship only 26 gold....i've selled the guns alone and get me more gold....something is wrong here....i'm not a moder to know where to look and fix that ....

ok ...i just saw now that i can't sail a class 5 ship yeat and all my stats are in red ( with minus ) ....so could be that the problem for that sell?....meaning that i'm minus 0 at trading and that's mean that lower price....

well ...looks like the minus stats was the problem....reloaded and selled the ship....was ok now...get a nice profit for a starter....:p

Last edited:
The 1.3 patch was fully tested and called bug free. We were working on patch 1.4 when development stopped so it is still officially a beta.

However I have been playing 1.4 and consider it to be bug free.

Anyway, to answer your question 1.4 is 1.3 with some additions. If you want to feel safer use 1.3 but I recommend 1.4.

I've installed GoF 2 with patch 1.4 and encountered a really weird and annoying... bug.

Simply put, the sound is scratching. But interestingly, only ingame, nowhere else. Not in the intro, not in the main menu, just ingame.
That didn't come up with GoF 1.2.

Maybe I did something wrong with the installation (The game itself is outside the Program-folder), as I doubt that my sound card is suddenly malfunctioning. :unsure

Last edited:
Err umm, someone thought it was a good idea back in 2009. The technical help subforum could be moved easily enough, but where to?

On second thought all the forums are set up this way so it is best to leave it where it is.

OK, check you program\Interface folder to see if you have a wndchangesails.c file. If you have it open your Dialogs\russian\Shipyard\Pirates_Shipyard.c
and modify like this :

Code:
case "shipyard_dlg":
            dialog.Text = DLG_TEXT_SHY[31];
            Link.l1 = DLG_TEXT_SHY[32];
            Link.l1.go = "ship_tunning_start";
            link.l2 = DLG_TEXT_SHY[33];
            link.l2.go = "shipyard";
            link.l3 = DLG_TEXT_SHY[34];
            link.l3.go = "Cannons";
            link.l31 = DLG_TEXT_SHY[370];//<== add
            link.l31.go = "Couleurdesvoiles";//<== add
            Link.l9 = DLG_TEXT_SHY[35];
            Link.l9.go = "ship_tunning_not_now";
        break;

case "ship_tunning_again":
            dialog.Text = RandPhraseSimple(DLG_TEXT_SHY[36],
                                           RandPhraseSimple(DLG_TEXT_SHY[37],
                                           DLG_TEXT_SHY[38]));
            Link.l1 = DLG_TEXT_SHY[39];
            Link.l1.go = "ship_tunning_start";
            link.l2 = DLG_TEXT_SHY[40];
            link.l2.go = "shipyard";
            link.l3 = DLG_TEXT_SHY[41];
            link.l3.go = "Cannons";
            link.l31 = DLG_TEXT_SHY[370];//<== add
            link.l31.go = "Couleurdesvoiles";//<== add
            Link.l4 = DLG_TEXT_SHY[42];
            Link.l4.go = "quests";

It's very strange, it works in my games. Perhaps did you add a mod or a patch ? May I have your error.log ?

I remember times with GoF 1.2, where you could very rarely change the colors. But they will only last for a while before turning back to the default colors.

The Line Frigate is bugged. The broadsides can only shoot diagonal upwards, limiting it's use. Immediately bought my Corvette back. Just to let you know about the issue. :shrug

playing like pirate in GoF 2.0....how much must be the stealth to pass the guard or to more in port undetected using a friendly flag?.....or it's impossible?

From my experiences I can say, that it's pretty much impossible to sneak into a city with a ship. They even manage to detect you on the other side of the island.

But your Stealth-Stat works like a reduction of the probability to be detected in a city. A low stat will let the guards to attack you very often, while a high stat will let you travel somewhat safe. Even 100 points won't protect you entirely, but discoveries happen very rarely.

Overall I don't like the Stealth-System in the game, because it basically forces you to level up or get a large sum of money, before you can start questlines.

So be prepared to save a lot.

Hello sailors, I've been away for long time (almost 2 years) and now decided to play aop2 coas again, but don't know which mod to install. First, are build 14 from moddb.com and GOF 2 same mods or not? And there's now new GOF 2 (1.5. patch) so should I install that one?
Thank you :)

First, are build 14 from moddb.com and GOF 2 same mods or not?
NO! Build 14 is a mod for PotC which is 99.9% different from GoF. There might be some overlap in ship models and the game engines are similar of course, but they aren't compatible.

Oh, thanks Pieter. I knew that before, but it's been long long since I studied that subject :D
Thank you :)
It should be mentioned that the PotC Build Mod is much, much more heavily modded than CoAS ever was here.
And we're still working on vastly improving things on it. So if you do have access to the PotC game and don't have objections to somewhat reduced graphics, you might want to consider trying it some day.

As for the best GoF version, that has always confused me as well. @Hylie Pistof can probably give you his recommendation.

Back