• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

I have GOF 1.2 and GOF 2. I play them at the same time 'cos I want to find out differences and see which is better. I noticed that GOF 1 has better looking ships, at least some of them. I wonder, is it possible to import textures from 1 to 2? Arabella is much prettier in GOF 1 :)

Look at folders RESOURCE\Models\Ships and RESOURCE\Textures\Ships .
Use GM Viewer to view the models and see which textures they use.
Tools, Tutorials and Information
It seems they both use same textures (ArabellaShip1.gm) but they are slightly different ships (edit: in game they look differently). I don't understand it. I tried copying files from 1.2 to 2. but nothing changed. Maybe it's not about models but textures folder. Gotta check it all out.
Edit2: in res\textures\ships there are folders hull1, hull2, and hull3. Hull 2 is normal hull, hull 3 is ugly, and hull 1 is best. how can I make game use hull 1 textures and not 2 (which is in game hull)?
edit3: maybe just switching their names? Hull 1 becomes 2 and 2 becomes 1? :D
edit4: YESSS, that worked, just switched their names and I have better hull now. TY Pieter! :)

Last edited:
why the f enemies reload their cannons so fast? I tried to attack one frigate and it killed all my 500 sailors in 15 seconds, and I managed to fire only once. And range at which they kill them is absurd, I thought grapeshot was meant to be close range ammunition. No need to reply, I'm just a bit angry :D

For some reason my vanilla game runs perfectly fine. But whenever I try and install this mod I get runtime errors at startup right after the launcher. I've tried all the fixes stated in some threads and still nothing? I am running a no-cd GOG version of the game. 2.8 to be exact. Any help?

Hello all,

I just did a fresh install of CoAS and installed the mod plus patches. I did used 7zip to install the original mod and extracted then copied the patch files to my AOP 2 folder. Only problem is that my sound clips when I start the game. The menu screen is alright, but when I'm in the menu creating a new profile the click noise will sound like a double click and, like I said previously, the sound clips while playing the game. Music, character voices, everything. The only thing I did was replace the GunReady sounds and the enemy ships sounds because I prefer the vanilla noises not the sounds taken form Master and Commander.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Fixed it. It was referenced in the beginning of the post. You need to change useMM in the engine.ini file to 0

Last edited:
For some reason my vanilla game runs perfectly fine. But whenever I try and install this mod I get runtime errors at startup right after the launcher. I've tried all the fixes stated in some threads and still nothing? I am running a no-cd GOG version of the game. 2.8 to be exact. Any help?
same issue here

That sounds like GOG changed something which conflicts with the mod, which was made years before.

That sounds like GOG changed something which conflicts with the mod, which was made years before.
honeslty I downloaded it from torrent, it's version was update to 21/04/2015 or a year earlier. Two years ago the game from same torrent started well with the mod and now not. I suspect this issues come from software, even though I have everything up-to-date.

another common issue is when you download another original game version and install the mod. the mod installs weirdly. as if it is not installed properly or smth. for example

the new launch menu is changed,but the logo doesnt appear. mod settings are not available. start character characteristics are not being processed and the game always launches everyone with lugger. yet the interface is more or less as it should be. characters models and ships are fine. just weird. as if the new scripts are not being read or the gof is disabled somehow...

Just in case: If you install the game to "C:\Program Files", that might cause all sorts of weirdness.
Installing to another folder (say C:\Games) instead can help a lot.

Just in case: If you install the game to "C:\Program Files", that might cause all sorts of weirdness.
Installing to another folder (say C:\Games) instead can help a lot.
sure I will keep that in mind as well :D
the fun while of installing this game properly is equal to the fun received while playing it :D

Hy Guys!

I am looking for Frigate Ship how looks like The frigate ship in the game Skulls & Bones(with 2 Rows of cannons on both sides)
Can I find some in Aop2 GOF Mod?

Please send me a answer.

Cu pk

Please post a picture of the ship which interests you. Then I'll have a look to see if there is anything similar in GoF, or for that matter PoTC:NH.

Oh it is Hard to find a good picture of this ship but in skull and bones videos of YouTube you can see it.

I need it for me POTC NH Mod update.

If it's the ship I'm thinking of, you won't find anything in GoF that isn't already in PoTC:NH. All the large warships are present in both games.

"Skull and Bones" can call that ship what it likes, but with two gun decks plus some more cannons on the main deck, it's not a frigate. It's a 3rd rate ship of the line. That means you're looking at something like "HMS_Bellona", "RN_Superbe", "FR_Fleuron" or possibly "HMS_Centurion". But none of those have the high stern of the "Skull and Bones" ship. Also, that ship has a domed structure on the stern which is made to look like a skull, and none of the warships in PoTC:NH or GoF have anything like that.

Hi, its me asking for help again. After my little problem with CTDs, I decided to try GOF Eras and I don't know if this and Eras are the same thing, but I'm enjoying it so far. But one thing is killing the experience for me: The FOV. Its weird, everything is thin and stretched, I think the fov is too high. So, is there a way to lower the FOV?

I don't know if I should start a new thread for this, if I'm not supposed ask for help here I'm sorry, but it looks like everything is here so, you know.

Thanks you for any help of advice.

EDIT: NVM, found it.

Last edited:
Hi, its me asking for help again. After my little problem with CTDs, I decided to try GOF Eras and I don't know if this and Eras are the same thing, but I'm enjoying it so far. But one thing is killing the experience for me: The FOV. Its weird, everything is thin and stretched, I think the fov is too high. So, is there a way to lower the FOV?

I don't know if I should start a new thread for this, if I'm not supposed ask for help here I'm sorry, but it looks like everything is here so, you know.

Thanks you for any help of advice.

EDIT: NVM, found it.

Good, you found the "Sea Perspective" scrollbar in the options screen, then? That will allow you to adjust that for when you are at sea.

Back