1. Dismiss Notice
  2. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  4. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

5. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.1.5 mod development

Discussion in 'Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships' started by Capt. Daniel Wolf, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Valium

Valium Guest

Hi.
    To your email:
    Thanks for response. I got only one Constitution, the rest should be at port controll on Nevis. I don't use these ships. I use them when I go to capture city. If not, I don't use them because it's easier to controll one ship and is cheaper.
    Some controlls can't be used because in one of these saves I used debugger which cheats. I turned it off so other saves worked strangly but it's enough to reset keyboard settings in option menu and everything works fine. These 2 culverins on my ship - yes, I got 56 culverins and these 2 you noticed are additional - sometimes one can expload so I can replace it faster, that's why I bought additional two culverins. They're in magazine.
    I hope it didn't destroy your game.

To your question.
    Honestly, I buy everything at shipyard. It's true it's expensive but it was the fastest way.
    From these 4 ships I have, only HMS Victory has cannons and I can't change it because when I try, it's bugged.
    Culverins are better to me, so if I capture ship and has cannons on board, I usually sell them at shipyard and buy bigger culverins.

If I still don't help you, tell me excatly where's the problem.
    All ships I captured in game had ALWAYS cannons or culverins on board. Sometimes if you meet merchant ships, they may have many cannons or culverines in magazine.

2. Valium

Valium Guest

By the way, which one is better?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I mean flags.

3. Thorn

Thorn Landlubber

Sry for not answering a long time, i was away at mountains... I think better flag is the one with red cross and white background, more real approach and nicest... And yes, culverins seems to be better way to attack a fort, longest shots are the best

4. Broken String

Broken String Landlubber

Hello

First of all, congratulations on the mod, it's really good.

Second, bug report for version 2.1.5:
    As Peter Blood the player starts as a Pirate and the only shipyard available is the one in Bermuda. What happened was that the guy there would pay 0 for my ships and I payed 26k for a sail fix wich didn't happen. After reloading a couple of times the prices for selling my ships returned to normal and the fix on the sails worked (had to pay again). Happened multiple times and I don't know the cause.

Very good mod, I've been playing GOF since 1.2 and probably will be playing forever!
    Thanks

5. Gott365

Gott365 Landlubber

Hello there,

I´ve got some problems with this mod/compilation.

First: How can I get into national ports, when I´ve started as Peter Blood (Pirates)? I mean without the guards attacking me after the short dialogue. I still got a letter of trade for british harbours, british flag on my ship and successfully managed to get into the port. It´s quite difficult to complete any task or even trade and repair my ship, because everyone´s attacking me, often on sight, although I have payed the diplomat quite a lot, and every relationship is neutral at the moment.

Second: When I try to enter cities through their harbour and the guards attack me, the game crashes in about 2/3 of the cases. I don´t think that´s intended :)

Third: Although I have turned the option to COAS default, my compass when sailing still only shows wind direction, which by the way is sometimes changing absurdly fast (like 10.5 to NW to 3.5 to S).

If some of these are mentioned somewhere else, I kindly ask for a link, because searching such specific things is quite difficult. Also, if this is the wrong thread, a moderator may move the post to the right one.

With kind regards!

6. mat123

mat123 Landlubber

Hello,
    I play in GOF 2.1.5 mod I spend long time in game and I dont want start from beginning. When I try choose perk tree of life i dont get a bonus from PerkRetroactive option. I can switch this option on and off and nothing happen. If somebody know solution of this problem or know how manualy change hero and officers HP points in game files please help. P.S probably perk dynamo dont work too.

7. Sabinh

Sabinh Landlubber

Hi all,

I'm italian and have a problem with the mod traduction. I have the game 1/2 english and 1/2 italian.

I would like traduce all in my language, but in the new mod i don't find the dialogue file of the store man, shipyard man, priest, ecc...

I try to search in Program/Text and in Resource/INI, but all files are in Italian language. I don't unterstood where is the file with a first phrases of store man, shypyard man, tavern man, etc..

Can You help me?

8. Darkhymn

Darkhymn Freebooter Storm Modder

Alcohol and Drug addiction adviser
    This is on the growing list of things I'm looking into since I noticed it in gameplay yesterday. No idea what the problem is yet but if I find a solution I'll share ASAP.

9. Darkhymn

Darkhymn Freebooter Storm Modder

Alcohol and Drug addiction adviser
    Maybe... Those dialogs appear to be in program/text/dialogs named (in English) "common_store.h", "common_church.h" etc. You said you'd already looked there... is it possible that you overlooked these?

10. Hector Villarreal

Hector Villarreal Landlubber

ok can you help me if i get a dll error what i do???

11. Hector Villarreal

Hector Villarreal Landlubber

i got the GoG version

12. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

Maritime Research: Project Engineer (Analysis)
    Please post more details.
    What exact error.
    When does it happen?
    What do the error logs have to say?
    New Horizons FAQ | PiratesAhoy!