• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Getting Started

PapaDooks

Landlubber
G'day Folks,
i used to plat POTC back in the day and i i just recently managed to get my ands on a copy of COAS and i put the GoF2 mod in but i seem to be having real issues getting started. the starting ships seem way under powered to do any pillaging of shipping and it seems i can either fix it oir hire crew or get cargo not all three. any tips would be hugely appreciated

:ahoy

You start as an unknown sailor in a bathtub. Of course you can't take anything! You must start out by building yourself up and using your wits to gain the advantage on others.

Work on your melee skills and then lure a ship into range of a friendly forts guns. Then board her! :duel:

Yeah ! It's like that!

You have to make your way through wit, strength, chance and smart mind.
You can earn some money by :
* gambling in tavern or with the local governor.
* make missions (many people can give you a mission)
* trading good from allied or neutral town (pirates town are pretty good cause they give you mission and haven't a fort to fire at you).

The first things you have to do, it's to have a crew then earn money and after that gain skill in combat (sword). After that, you can challenge a ennemy ship under cover of an allied fort and, when it's crew will be reduce, try to board it and capture it.

Avoid boarding or combat until you're sure to win the fight !!!
Remember, even if you are a sword master, without a fighting crew, you are a dead cow !

Good luck mate ! :)

Back