• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug getting the idol from the english ship

agentad

Privateer
Storm Modder
ahoy ! met a new bug never saw it before

after talking to the prison officer, and fighting red coat on the street, i set sails to destroy the english ship to steal teh idol of the main quest

after being destroyed, instead of going to lighthouse and asking clement about where is danielle, im directly in the storm and appears in bonaire o_O

thats a little violent to be teleported so fast after destroying the ship, and was more logic to go at lighthouse, have the little talk and then be surprised by the storm video

just reporting it, but at the moment it doesnt seem to bug the quest but increase heavily the chance to get bug when the ship is destroyed (and i dont mention boarding it)

EDIT: when going back to lighthouse, clement talk about danielle, but it doesnt break the quest cause we can continue by going to lighthouse and talking to guards inside etc... (i miss the siege of brigetown, even without the siege, it results with no guards in town :/ and prison)

EDIT: when clement talk to me when i come back after the storm, he makes the quest "sail to an juan" still there and never considered as finished !

Hehe. That part always sent me straight to the storm after sinking that frigate, until the last time I played it. Then it sent me to the lighthouse first. I thought it was broken, but it still worked out ok. So, my experience has been the opposite of yours for years.

I hate Bridgetown and am just happy to get past it any way I can.

ye i think it happens randomly, perhaps in my new starting standard storyline i wont have the bug è_é no luck sometimes ^^

Sounds to me like the game really likes to execute those movies before they were intended to happen.
And I think I may know what's happening: In order to enable also FULL storyline play in DirectSail mode,
Hook or IncredibleHat (can't remember which) coded things so that a DirectSail update is ALSO considered a "MapEnter".
That is probably what is messing us up now. But HOW are we supposed to fix THAT one???

:shrug I will say that suddenly seeing new variations on the storyline that I never knew existed has given some new spark to the game.

Back