• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Geunieerde Provincien, 1603

Rider88

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
A few moths ago I tried to convert a stock COAS galeon_l to Roter Lowie galeon of 1597, here is the tread:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/18217-rotter-lowie-galeon-20-guns-1597/
But very soon I realized that a stock galeon_l is very different from Rotter Lowie in size and proportions and it would be very hard to convert her. It is easier to build the ship from scratch than trying to improve the stock one. In fact I don't really like to build this ship and I found a better replacement for stock galeon_l. It is a Geunieerde Provincien galeon, built in 1603 for Dutch East-India company. She had about the same size and armament (20 guns, 2 stern chasers) but has modern (for 17th century) rigging and is just prettier, as for me :) So here she is:
52591461.jpg

The hull is ready at the moment and I am working on decks and stern.
Screens will be posted soon.

Nice work! I'm looking forward to another early 17th century galleon. I wouldn't say we will replace the other with it, but add another example of a very common genre that is largely missing. I like the name as well. Too bad we can't get the Zeven Provincien posted here in the Storm modelling area where everyone could enjoy the progress.

MK

Because certain people refuse to share there work in the English speaking forums and are keeping things to their selves in there own forum. Sorry to be so blunt.
unsure.gif

It's still accessible for everyone, right? It's just in German. From what I understand, they're just not good at English and it's not that they don't want to share it. Right?

It's like Pieter says.

Pgargon and I are German. We work together to "De Zeven Provinciën". It is also after the
completion of this project in the forum ready for download.
MK, there are times now different languages​​.

Craiggo, I'm not so good in English. I had 6 years of Russian at school
and work with several Russians. I can understand much better.
Nevertheless, I am here in the English forum.

Thank you Jan Marten. Can we download the ship and maybe I can convert her to English for the English speaking players?

Ok, I put in the English forum of a new topic - De Zeven Provinciën.
Put a link to the German side. And the German side, we are making in German and English.

Craiggo, they are rectify to my English.
Please help me with this?

It would be the first time in the forum, two languages ​​on the same topic.

Pieter, what you think.

Back