• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

GOF 1.1.x - Download links and documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

buho

Privateer
Storm Modder
GOF 1.1.x

TOPIC USAGE

Please. keep the posting in this topic to a minimun: if you detected an important bug or failure, make a post here with a very short explanation and a link to the tracker ticket.

For the bug reporting itself use the bug tracker in http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/tracker/project-4-combined-modpack/
There is not a category for GOF 1.1.x in the tracker. Use the GOF 1.1 category and tell us in your post what 1.1.x version are you using.

The discussion thread is in http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/18066-gof-11x-discussion-thread/
Fill free to post your opinions, ask questions, make requeriments, etc.

INSTALLATION

NOTE: DO NOT install COAS in "Program Files".

Install GOF 1.1.x on top of GOF 1.1

Drop the GOF 1.1.1 "Program", "RESOURCES" and "~GOF 1.1.x DOCUMENTATION~" folders into your root game folder.
Drop the GOF 1.1.2 "Program", "RESOURCES" and "~GOF 1.1.x DOCUMENTATION~" folders into your root game folder.

GOF 1.1.1 doesn't requires a new game start. However, a "Restore the default settings" may be needed (see "IMPORTANT NOTES" in next post).

Please, take a look to the "~GOF 1.1.x DOCUMENTATION~" folder. GOF 1.1.x have some new and/or improved features and some ones may confuse old players (EMS 2.0 and RML to name two).

OLD FIXES AND OTHER STUFF

GOF 1.1.x deprecates every fix and mod produced for GOF 1.1. It includes them all, plus some new fixes and additions.

The exception are Joe Dagger's graphics mods (list in post #5), not included in GOF 1.1.x and worth downloading.

EXPANSION AND MAINTENANCE

GOF 1.1.x will be maintained with overnights and hot fixes.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

GOF 1.1.1 full pack download: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/_GOF_11x_release/GOF_111_full.rar
Mates Voices WAV files download: http://www.mediafire.com/?zmw58va6700e9x2

GOF 1.1.2 expansion download: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/_GOF_11x_release/GOF_112_expansion.rar

Enjoy.

GOF 1.1.2 - IMPORTANT NOTES

IMPORTANT NOTES - MUST READ

===========================
GOF 1.1.x

---------------------------
IMPORTANT NOTES

NOTE: DO NOT install COAS in "Program Files".

1) Install GOF 1.1.1 on top of GOF 1.1.
1.1) Install GOF 1.1.2 expansion on top of GOF 1.1.1.

2) A "Restore Default Settings" is needed for games started before GOF 1.1.1 installation:
2.1) Load your last save.
2.2) Restore the default settings ("Options" screen).
2.3) Save your game again.

3) Mates Voices WAV files must be downloaded separately from
http://www.mediafire.com/?zmw58va6700e9x2 (4 MB).

4) Consoles Manager starts in "Player Mode" by default. Players will see no difference with the traditional console system. Modders please read the Consoles Manager manual.

5) New skillbook weights are taken only after a new game start. In games started before GOF 1.1.1 installation the skillbooks weight will not change.

6) Ships gone (save game compatible):
- 4th rates Surprise, Lydia and Golden Hind.
- 3th rate Amsterdam.
- 2th rates Heave Warship and Intrepide.

The ones generated before installing GOF 1.1.x will stay in your game. They crash the game, get rid of them ASAP.

7) GOF 1.1 games and Revamped Moneylenders (RML): please, wait to the next month before retiring investments from the moneylenders. You may loose your interests otherwise.

INSTALLATION

Drop the GOF 1.1.x "Program", "RESOURCES" and "~GOF 1.1.x DOCUMENTATION~" folders into your root game folder.

GOF 1.1.x may comprise one or two packs. Repeat the above operation for every one, unpacking the lower-numbered first (i.e: GOF 1.1.1 first and then GOF 1.1.2).

UNINSTALLATION

Reinstall GOF 1.0 and GOF 1.1

GOF 1.1.2 CHANGELOG

Changelog GOF 1.1.2
ADDITIONS
- Cheat the Death (CTD)

CHANGES
- Revamped Moneylenders (RML) V 2.0
Monthly payments: all "land" payments (mooring fees, etc) are made using the moneylenders network. Active crew salaries are paid directly if the main char have enough money or thru the moneylenders otherwise.
The monthly salaries screen shows all the fees the main character is paying.
The moored ships list shows the moneylenders fee applied to the mooring costs.
New "Total Expenditures" list in the Cash Book.

FIXES
None

Changelog GOF 1.1.1
ADDITIONS
- Show ship cannon data in cannon shop window.
- Show ship crew and food/rum state in store window.
- Commodore in Command (CIC).
- Mates Voices (MV) - Optional, audio files in separate download.
- Victuals in Both Ships (VBS).
- Toggleable Consoles Manager (CM) - "Player Mode" by default.
- Filters In Shops and Traders (FIST).
- Extended Mooring System (EMS) Vers 2.0.
- Companion Boarding Screen (CBS).
- Revamped Moneylenders (RML)
- Removed profile prefix from saved game names.
- Spyglass shows enemy captain "Musket Volley" perk.
- Changed skill books weight to 0.5 lbs - Needs new game start.

FIXES
- Hack for dismasting crash bug.
- Danielle Sheppard model/portrait fix.
- Miguel de Valdez portrait fix.
- Starting pirate nation fix.
- Humphrey Douglas fix.
- Card game NPC portrait fix.
- Dice game NPC portrait fix.
- Quick Map fix.
- Removed duplicated code in Program\INTERFACE\QuestBook.c
- Fixed Tree Of Life perk retroactivity.
- Fixed bug in FloatToString.
- Fixed bugs in Bring2Range use.
- SetShipyardStore fixed as per GOF 1.2.
- Fix for nation relation ranks.
- Replaced ships (save game compatible)

Code:
BROKEN SHIP		REPLACEMENT
------------------------------------
4th SHIP_SURPRISE	SHIP_LIGHTFRIGATE
4th SHIP_LYDIA		SHIP_LIGHTFRIGATE
4th SHIP_FASTGALLEON1	SHIP_FLEUTOFWAR34G
3th SHIP_AMSTERDAM	SHIP_FEARLESS
2th SHIP_HEAVYWARSHIP	SHIP_WARSHIP
2th SHIP_INTREPIDE	SHIP_FR_SUPERIORWARSHIP1
- Corrected some strings in Program\Text\Dialogs\Common_Portman.h
- Added handling of negative numbers to MakeMoneyShow (Program\INTERFACE\utilite.c)
- Added formatting to AddMoneyToCharacter (Program\characters\CharacterUtilite.c)

JOE DAGGER'S MODS

Alternate flags for all nations v1.0: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17905-rel-alternate-flags-for-all-nations-v10/

Reworked battle interface: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17764-rel-reworked-battle-interface/

Compass Area Alternate Version(s): http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17813-rel-compass-area-alternate-versions/

Invisible cannonballs: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/18012-rel-balls-cannonballs-invisible/

No Bars (red/blue) In Melee Combat: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17771-rel-no-bars-redblue-in-melee-combat/

Alternate blade sound: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17749-rel-alternate-blade-take-in-sound/

GOF 1.1.2 expansion pack is on line.

- Revamped Moneylenders (RML) V 2.0.
- New Cheat the Death (CTD) mod.

Download the pack and apply on top of GOF 1.1.1.

Please, read the "Important notes".

- o -

See download URL in the first post.

GOF 1.1.2 expansion pack is on line.

- Revamped Moneylenders (RML) V 2.0.
- New Cheat the Death (CTD) mod.

Download the pack and apply on top of GOF 1.1.1.

Please, read the "Important notes".

- o -

See download URL in the first post.
hey buddy do you have this program called ultra hal assistant?

Juat a sugestion about "Revamped Moneylenders (RML)" - Monthly costs like salaries and mooring bills will be deducted from the deposited funds if the main character have not money enough to pay. For a fee, of course.

Well i never paid salaries to the crews.....despite i have deposits on moneylanders.....could you think it's possible to put a button to ask if I want to pay the salaries from bank ...yes or no....I dont like to be deducted from the deposits....i like to play only in sea masters dificulty and here the salaries are to big....that's why i never paid theme....more cheap to raise moral....thanks

Juat a sugestion about "Revamped Moneylenders (RML)" - Monthly costs like salaries and mooring bills will be deducted from the deposited funds if the main character have not money enough to pay. For a fee, of course.

Well i never paid salaries to the crews.....despite i have deposits on moneylanders.....could you think it's possible to put a button to ask if I want to pay the salaries from bank ...yes or no....I dont like to be deducted from the deposits....i like to play only in sea masters dificulty and here the salaries are to big....that's why i never paid theme....more cheap to raise moral....thanks

Lemme check the code.

Cheers.
buho (A).

im extreamly confused with the installation process of the mod pack. iv downloaded patch 1.0, .1.1 and 1.1.x into a folder to unpack realy, but as im clueless either one i unpack will result in the game not getting further than the engine setup process (as soon as it goes to black screen error pups up saying its timed out.. :) help?

im extreamly confused with the installation process of the mod pack. iv downloaded patch 1.0, .1.1 and 1.1.x into a folder to unpack realy, but as im clueless either one i unpack will result in the game not getting further than the engine setup process (as soon as it goes to black screen error pups up saying its timed out.. :) help?

1) Install GOF 1.0 (it is an EXE installer).
2) Install GOF 1.1 patch (an EXE installer too).
3) Unpack GOF 1.1.1 in the game folder (it is a RAR archive: open it and drag the three folders into the game folder).
4) Unpack GOF 1.1.2 (same as GOF 1.1.1).

DO NOT install the game in "Program Files".

Cheers.
buho (A).

After installing 1.2 patch doesnt work to select the nationality at the beginning... is this normal?

After installing 1.2 patch doesnt work to select the nationality at the beginning... is this normal?

You installed GOF 1.2, do you mean 1.1.2?

If you installed GOF 1.2 where did you get the download from?

GOF 1.2 requires some other things which is why your game doesn't work currectly. If you have installed GOF 1.2 then i suggest you uninstal COAS and delete any files and folders left behind (if any) and then do a full reinstall but install up to GOF 1.1.2 and wait for GOF 1.2 to be released because there is still much work been done on this which means its changing all the time.

Thank you very much!

I can't find these features - or i just don't know what they are and how they work:
* Commodore in Command
* Companion Boarding Screen

i like to play only in sea masters dificulty and here the salaries are to big....that's why i never paid theme....more cheap to raise moral....thanks
Yes, this problem starts to emerge around admiral difficulty. The sallaries are totally out of proportion.

Thank you very much!

I can't find these features - or i just don't know what they are and how they work:
* Commodore in Command
* Companion Boarding Screen
Commodore in Command means you have additional keys like L that commands all of your fleet to lower sails all is documented in the read me I'm pretty sure buho has included that... though I'm not downloading now to check that myself.

Companion Boarding Screen is also in with 1.1.2. The boarding screen means if an AI ship from your squadron board a ship you can chose from there on what to do with the captured vessel, which was previously not an option. Though there's a bug that you can also control the other AI behaviour as buho pointed out somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back