• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

GOF 2 HMS Surprise Deck View

UncleJohnny

Landlubber
Has anyone noticed that on the HMS Surprise in GOF 2 (patched to the latest beta) the deck view starts you down on the gun deck? The problem is it is very hard and glitchy to climb the stairs and I usually wind up waisting critical seconds after I jump into a battle to get to the quarterdeck so I can aim some chain shot.

So how would one move the starting spot for the deck view to somewhere more convenient like the quarterdeck (where the captain should be), because I'm really sick of fighting to climb those stairs lol...

It is actually not hard at all to move the camera to another location, but one needs to have the ship in the game to test the change. I can change it if you are willing to test it.

I noticed that camera and the stairs a while back and just sold the ship and got a friendlier one.

Ah but I just can't give up my beloved Surprise lol!

That would be great, if you change it I'll test it and then maybe you can integrate the fix into the next version.

Ok unzip this and put it into your GOF2-->resources-->models-->ships-->surprise1 folder. All I changed was the camera location so go ahead and let it overwrite the old one.

Then go sailing and see how it looks. Are you too tall or too short compared to the crew? Is that a good starting location?

Attachments

• Surprise1.7z
    115.2 KB · Views: 114
Perfect! Looks great, thanks Hylie! This should be included in the next update.

Also if it's not too much trouble... HMS Sophie also has the same thing. However the ladder isn't as glitchy to climb so it isn't as big a deal, but it would be nice..

The camera is at a good height too? Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. :bonaparte

I can put that ship into my repaired ships thread. The Sophie? It all depends on whether I remember to do it or not. :pirate07:

Yes the height is perfect... Though I did notice that I'm whacking my head on beams down on the gun deck now, lol, but as I never go down there anyways it really doesn't matter.

You figure the Sophie is good? Shouldn't you start out on the quarterdeck rather than in the hold?

The original modeler put you down there for a reason. The only reason I changed the Surprise is because of the clumsy ladder up to the deck.

Back