• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release GOF - HD Upgrade Inventory "Skill Books" (v1.3 FINAL)

TheBlackKnight

Corsaire Flibustier
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
All,

Originally, I was going to release this with the HD Inventory and Items Pack, but since it was finished and is somewhat independent I am going to put it up now.

This is more of tribute to Firebat's (and other various authors) original mod, "Complete Guide to Privateering" that introduced skills books into the CoAS game in Combined Mod way back in time.

It upgrades ALL 48 skill books (+ templates included) to high definition leather tome books with improved emblems for easy reading in WIDESCREEN aspect ratio.
All files are 2048X2048 texture sets at maximum MIP quality for compatibility at all resolutions.

Now, you can actually see what the books are for quick reference.

The game original color schemes and basic design was used as reference only, everything was upgraded.

This mod does not change the text inside the books only inventory items.
"Blank" books were still included if anyone wants to add their own books or modify them for their own purposes.
The original graphics with all layers I will keep in my reference files.

This mod is ONLY compatible with Combined Mod, GOF, and GOF Eras, as the stock vanilla game does not have the skill books and will do absolutely nothing in game.

What is included with this MOD?

Replacement graphics files for all books.
books1.tga.tx, books2.tga.tx, books3.tga.tx, annd books4.tga.tx

Instructions for Use:

1) Back up your files! Prepare for overwrite!
2) Download all book files
3) Drop into resource/textures/interfaces

Download Size: ~85 MB

DOWNLOAD LINK:

The Black Knight's CoAS Mods Dropbox - 7 HD Upgrade Inventory Skill Books (v1.3 FINAL)

DOWNLOADS SECTION at the Top of the Pirate's Ahoy! page.

Updated preview listed below:

books1.jpg

books2.jpg

books3.jpg

books4.jpg

Last edited:
There are 48 books? That is a lot of books to be carrying around.

Like the cereal box commercial to get free prizes inside, "Try and collect them all".
I probably will be further upgrading some of the books, because several of the books colors are just not quite right yet....

Well, they are installed and they do look better. :onya

That is too many books to carry and most will end up in the ships locker while I only carry the most important ones.

All,

The version of the mod was upgraded to 1.3.
This is the FINAL version, as it time to get back to work...

Most of the large skill books were upgraded with more traditional leather bound books with more rustic colors and leather straps to match the mod.
A few of emblems were replaced with higher quality for better identification.
Large leather book tomes were minor edited because for some reason the edging got lost in the graphic transfers.
Preview photos were upgraded.

Last edited:
That's why you've got a book shelf in your captain's cabin! :checklist

Back