• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Gore/Blood

I know the particle effects themselves are very different between the two engines, so that part can be solved through trial and error only.
But maybe searching for the toggle code at least would show where the required function calls should be added.

I guess the blood should be added to the code where hp dice is located (that code which shows how much damage is done)?

If you guys can check how that part of game is coded, then I guess that could be a trace on how to add blood?

Again, noob talking :)

I guess the blood should be added to the code where hp dice is located (that code which shows how much damage is done)?
I strongly suspect that particular part (the HP showing above the characters) is handled through the engine, so we can't touch that.
But there are plenty of spots to add it in the PROGRAM\Loc_ai folder. The most likely files are LAi_events.c and LAi_fightparams.c .

If you guys need any file from AoP2 or AoPCT, I can provide them, cause I have both games on my PC.

If you guys need any file from AoP2 or AoPCT, I can provide them, cause I have both games on my PC.
I think if you could upload the PROGRAM folder, that might be quite useful.
While I do have it at home as well, I can't post it right now because I'm not actually at home myself. :cheeky

I think if you could upload the PROGRAM folder, that might be quite useful.
While I do have it at home as well, I can't post it right now because I'm not actually at home myself. :cheeky

I have to go to work now. I'm a teacher. I will upload it to dropbox as soon as I get home. ok?

Ok, so I'm home now. Uploading the PROGRAM folder, will let you know when it finishes and will provide a download link.
It is a pretty large folder, so it will take some time...
Just the code files, right? Shouldn't be more than 20 MB or so, I imagine.

@Sean.Flan, there is something else for you to look at then.
It won't help with the particle effects, but by searching for the toggle code, you may be able to figure out how it worked in the other game.
Some of this may help too: Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks | PiratesAhoy!

I think I found the where the blood file is located in AoP2, but I don't know what the XPS file extension is and how it's coded...

Untitled.jpg

I think I found the where the blood file is located in AoP2, but I don't know what the XPS file extension is and how it's coded...
As I said:
I know the particle effects themselves are very different between the two engines, so that part can be solved through trial and error only.
But maybe searching for the toggle code at least would show where the required function calls should be added.
Those XPS files cannot be used; you have to use the PotC system which is quite different, though far easier to mod.
What I would hope for from CoAS is to find where in PROGRAM\Loc_ai they've got function calls to trigger the particles.
That would require some searching. If you can find the CoAS toggle code that can switch it on/off, that may give a lead.

I found this in coas Lai_utils:

Attachments

• Udklip.PNG
    Udklip.PNG
    16.3 KB · Views: 163
  • LAi_utils.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 175
Back