• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Governor-General (Nation) quests after Pirates (Nation Quest)

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
In the Vanilla game:

All the walkthroughs I have read say that you should start & complete any National quest before you complete the last task in the Henry Morgan's Pirate Questline ( Attack on Panama ).

The walkthroughs say that after you have completed the Pirates questline, Governor -Generals will not give you any National Questlines to start.

Well um -- After I completed the Pirates Questline - I played and completed the Mummy Powder Quest - so about 15 months (game time) after the end of the Pirates Quest I had a French Letter of Marque and walked into the governors office in Cumana and saw D'Ogeron the French G-G there (the French had just captured the city) - I talked to him, not expecting anything, and he offered me the 3rd task in the French National Questline. :shock ***** So I started the French National Questline - and have completed up to task 10 of the 12.

The only problem I have found is that D'Ogeron does not stay in one place but keeps moving arround as the French capture citys so when you are told to talk to the Port Controler for instance it means the Tortuga Port Controller ( not the one in the city D'Ogeron is in )- or talk to someone in the room next door - it means the room next door in the Totruga Governors Residence. Also if someone is supposed to be in the room with D'Ogeron and talk to you as part of the quest then they will be in the Tortuga Governors Residence while D' Ogeron is in another city. This means a lot of sailing back and forth between D'Ogeron and Tortuga.

So apart from not being given the first two tasks - and the Governor-General moving arround rather than staying in Tortuga the French National quest played without a problems

I think that you are not supposed to play the National quests after the Pirates quest because of the Governor-Generals moving arround and the problems it causes but it does appear possible to do so. :yes - A problem will of course occur if you are asked to capture a town in the National Quest which has already been captured eg in the French National quest you are asked to capture Santo Domingo and Santa Catalina but if the French had already captured one of these towns the National Questline would break - unless these is something in the code that stops nations from capturing specific towns used in quests. :shrug

I don't know if it would be possible to do one nation quest after having already played another - say the English Nation quest after the Dutch - if you leave a long enough amount of game time or do some other main game quests in-between

***** I went back and checked if it was possible to start the other National Quest lines -- got a LoM for a Nation and found the Governor - General ( they were all moving arround ). Each Governor-General offered me the 3rd task in their National questline. So it appears possible to start any of them. ( though why they all miss the first 2 tasks :shrug )

:cheers

interesting interesting interesting it could be possible to do more than one national questline? I'll definitely try to verify that thesis too. ahoy talisman.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I was doing the Pirate quest-line and before the last mission, I did the english quest-line. I got myself a LoM for Spain now but the GG in Havanna keeps telling me, that I was moonlighting with England lately and I should do something about that. Not sure what he wants me to do, since Spain is now neutral towards England. In one of my tests after finishing the english quest-line, Spain got allied with England. Maybe I should wait for this to happen again and then try to talk to the GG.

Well, let me tell you guys my latest experience relating nation quests (my favorite ones). I played the French quest line until the end, got my Admiral Title and the ability to take settlements. I got every freaking settlement that was possible; the only ones left were Porto Belo, Panama and the pirate settlements. Then, for my heart's discontent, I lost my french Admiral title during that damn Ascold Quest, since I had to attack Guadaloupe, french city, even though I was in the body of that viking bastard. So, since I lost my "french citizenship", I tried to work for the spanish, but the result was exactly the same that happened to you, mk0. The spanish GG keep telling me that I have been moonlighting with France and bla bla bla. I can't test other nations results, since they have no place to call home (thx to me :dance). So, my only hope is to wait for them to take some french region and get back into the nations privateering service...

Interestint thing. I cheated a little bit to make the nations relations change. Got a Dutch license and started taking french settlements (strange thing, I've only a filibuster title...). When I ask for the GG, the G simple tells me he is on the island, but he can't tell me the settlement...it looks like he's dead or something. All he says is: "He is on this island, in the settlement of .". Well, I took another region, to see if it's an "one settlement only" problem (I'm pretty sure I just invented this problem hahahaha) and the result was the same. They just can't tell me about the GG. And he really isn't in any of the settlements...I think I killed him during the taking of the Dutch regions...(Yay, I killed Stuyvesant!!! Yahooo!! hate that guy...=P).

Hi
I played the spanish quest line - and reached only kommodore title by finishing it. Did you reach your french admiral title only by doing the national questline or did you transfer cities to France in addition?
Yeah, that crazy viking. very frustrating I know. But it seems logic, if you lose your patent, you lose your title, and in that part of the ascold quest you lose everything. I mentioned that somewhere in the forum, but someone should edit the walktrough, so new pirates would know they have to finish ascold quest first.
While I got my kommodore title back and admiral title later, I made that experience: you need to transfer 3 cities to a nation for the first title, 6 more for the next one, 9 more for the next one, and 12 more for admiral title. happy conquering xD! Biggest problem doing that was: there are not 30 cities to conquer. You can wait till other nations conquer a city so you can reconquer it and give it to your nation. But since the activity of the nations is low in that point of view, you may wait forever. But I found a trick: If you conquer spanish cities and give them to - Spain (which seems to be complete nonsense, but works), it counts for you. For example: You needed another 3 cities for the next title, then you attack a city of the nation you work for, and give it in the dialog with the governor right after you got the city directly back to your nation, you'll need only 2 more cities for the next title.
Not sure Stuyvvesanttt is dead, man:confused:. In my game I made the same experience, "gg is in the city of ..", because he had no place left, but nations did a comeback in my game, though I haven't seen a gg coming back, but I didn't give them a real chance to do either. But he probably COULD come back.
Roodney, about your hope of getting a second national quest line: It seems definitly not to be possible. In my game I had YEARS (and I mean many years, for Admiral D. Espinoza is for about 30 years at sea now..) after I had finished spanish questline, that situation: Spain and France allied, D. Espinoza very good relations to both nations (admiration), both nations at war with both of the other nations. Still got the same moonlighting dialog from the french gg. and they frogs had to pay hard for not giving me their questline:p. ahoi.

Well, as I said, I gave some regions to Holland, but Stuyvesant didn't come back. And anyways, I only held some hopes for the nation quests 'cause I thought it was needed to achieve the titles. But since you gave me an alternative, I sincerely don't give a damn about those quests anymore. :pAnd I realized that I can take settlements even as a privateer...so...whatever.:doff

Well, about my Admiral title. I got it straight after the end of the quest line. But the french quest line forces you to take 2 settlements of the spanish. So, maybe that has something to do with it. As I said in another post, at the end of the my english quest line I just got Commodore title. Maybe that's the maximum title for that nation?

And how does that "retaking" works? I mean, if you attack the nation that you serve don't you lose the title?? What do I have to do exactly?

If you take a city of the nation you work for and you keep it for yourself and don't pay the random for it (diplomat, pirate settlement): your nation will try to retake it. if you go then and defend your city, you'll immediatly lose your patent, so you lose your title.
BUT if you attack a city of your nation, you won't lose your patent. It may count against your relations with your nation: if you keep a city for yourself and you had "admiration" relations for example, it goes down one step to "very good", but you don't lose the title. If you had "very good" it drops 2 steps I think, not to "good", to "neutral" instead (not sure). I try to keep admiration level, I think it goes down the less.
Then, best way to restore "admiration" level, something I discovered late, it's the CHURCH. try to clean dungeons for the church and see what happens. and a little special: try to talk with him several time about the issue after you done the job and see what happens THEN. soon I'll call you Admiral Roodney F. Borges again:ship

Important: Your relations with your nation should not become hostile, neutral is o. k., otherwise you lose the title.

Back