• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Governor's daughter

Landlubber
Ok, short desciption

I have almost completed the quest to free the governor's daughter from Davy Jones.

I have played with old Davy, now Justine is aboard my ship. And I have every intention to deliver her back to Martinique.

As soon as I reach Martinique and hit space to enter the sailing mode, the game just crashes.

Version used: Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 5

Am I the only one experiencing it?

Do you have any error logs ( error - system - complie ) that you can post here as attachments - they might give a clue to what is happening.

See this post item #5 on how to set up error logging ---> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

Once you have logging enabled play the game till it crashes - then look in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder for the log files.

Is it taking you more than 30 days to get to Martinique :?

If you take more than 30 days something bad :shock is supposed to happen and perhaps this is causing the problems. :shrug

Do you have any error logs ( error - system - complie ) that you can post here as attachments - they might give a clue to what is happening.

See this post item #5 on how to set up error logging ---> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

Once you have logging enabled play the game till it crashes - then look in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder for the log files.

Is it taking you more than 30 days to get to Martinique :?

If you take more than 30 days something bad :shock is supposed to happen and perhaps this is causing the problems. :shrug

Sorry my bad.
And no not the thirty day thing, does not make a difference as soon as far as it concerns Martinique water, I enter the sail mode lights out.
Anyway attachments.

Attachments

• error.log
    1.2 KB · Views: 188
  • compile.log
    4 KB · Views: 166
  • system.log
    1.9 KB · Views: 168
I have had a quick look at the logs and cant see anything CTD worthy :facepalm

The only thing I can think of Talisman has already suggested :modding

Code:
SEA: added pchar to sea
SEA: Did CRs
SEA: Error: Group Eng Captain Near FdF, Island FalaiseDeFleur
SEA: Error: Find locators Group , Locator 
SEA: Error: You assigned allied character Jack Sparrow with ID Blaze to quest group... This is an error!
SEA: Did any groups
SEA: added ships
Actually, that would cause a CTD. We still don't know why this happens. I tried to change the code to prevent that, but it still happens. :modding

You could try sailing on the world map for more than 30 days. - then exit and see what happens. you should meet a monster see spoiler - I don't think you need to be at an island it just has to be more than 30 days after rescuing Governors daughter ( if game crashes then post error logs )

The monster is the Kraken

Wow, I actually missed that Pieter, have been out of the coding for a long time it appears :facepalm

Code:
SEA: added pchar to sea
SEA: Did CRs
SEA: Error: Group Eng Captain Near FdF, Island FalaiseDeFleur
SEA: Error: Find locators Group , Locator 
SEA: Error: You assigned allied character Jack Sparrow with ID Blaze to quest group... This is an error!
SEA: Did any groups
SEA: added ships
Actually, that would cause a CTD. We still don't know why this happens. I tried to change the code to prevent that, but it still happens. :modding

Yes. That that means that every time you go to that island it ctd's, or else you are allowed there and all of the ships are friendly, even ships that are supposed to be hostile to you. Also, twice now I have been allowed onto an island but not allowed to leave it because of ctd. At that point it is:Game Over!

Has anyone else had problems with this stage of the storyline with a CTD or is it a random bug? :?

AFAIK I am the only one to report this bug before, but it's hard to believe it is only me because it happens predictably in every game I have started for maybe a year. :j3

It is not storyline specific because it happens in all of the longer ones like NH, Assassin, and Blaze Devlin. I managed to get through Hoist the Colors ok, but felt it was a close thing with the game tottering on the brink of disaster.

Six months ago or so PirateKK said he had an idea about this, but I haven't heard anything since.

This is a game killer and I always wonder how many players gave up and left because they could not finish anything.

Are you doing this before or after the CotBP?

Please check spoiler HP ;)

Just now noticed this.

In NH it usually happens right around the Battle for Bridgetown. Either just before, during, or after. This last play through I actually made it through the Battle for Bridgetown and immediately went to Cozumel. All of the ships I was supposed to fight were sitting in formation being friendly and peaceful. Continued free playing and met some pirates who were also friendly. Game over.....

I have some time myself now... will update my game in the next week hopefully and then will give the storyline a test :cheeky

Back