• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Grab yer battleship! Arrrr!

Admiral8Q

Troublesome Corsair
Ahoy, I've just found yer forums eh matey! Well thought I'd give some of the tricks and tips I've learned as an old salt at potc! :cheers

I'll put them here under this topic and edit if I forgot any, drink up `yo-ho`!

There is an alternate fun way to get a batleship, it takes time and skill. (And a bit of luck)

Load up your ships (preferably frigates) with timber and a bit of sailcloth

When you're at war with the English, keep attacking their fleets until you find one with a batleship. Order your other ships to attack the other ships in the English fleet to keep them busy. Then stand off and pound the Battleship with Knippel shots to disable their sails. Be sure to aim high for maximum effect. As you attack the battleship, do your best to stay behind it, don't let it's broadside turn towards you.

As you take damage, keep repairing your ship. You should either have a high repair skill yourself or an officer with a high repair abillity, otherwise you'll run out of materials too fast. You can find officers with a "9" repair.

After the battleship is crippled, move in and hit it with grapeshot. Keep an eye on your other vessels and order them to heave to drift if they are chassing the other ships too far away. Or if they, or you, have already sunk the other ships, order your ships to sail out of range of the battleship, then order them to heave to drift.

You may lose alot of your crew durring the counter attacks of the battleship, so once you've reduced the batleship's crew to a small amount, you may want to break off and transfer crew from another of your own ships. Also, if you've run out of timber and sailcloth, you can take it from another ship.

Now you're ready to board the battleship, enjoy! (And try not to get yourself killed)

P.S. Remember not to have more than 3 ships in your fleet at the start of the battle or you won't be able to keep the batleship

---------

Hi.
here's a story.
I was sailing along in my corvette, with my commision in Englands royal navy, when I encountered a French War Fleet. So, I entered battle, and see 9 MOW's and 4 battleships vs my 1 corvette. So I quickly board and Capture an Manowar, and then abandon the Corvette. Bad Idea. Within a minute my masts were gone, along with my crew. All I could do is sit there and wach myself get my ass kicked by some damn frenchman. In the end, I think I brought down another MANOWAR with me. Advice: Never abandon a Corvette. :dio

Aye,never tried tak'n on a battlefleet wid less than a line ship an I kicked their arses,looted an sank every one 'o dem,dam fun I'd be say'n :p: :cheers

Just a wee bit of a rant here but why didn't they add steering wheels on the deck of the ships? I mean if it's just a stationary, `eye-candy`, piece of the boat, it would still be really cool to stand at the wheel to control the ship, ach!

The ships in the era that POTC is set were mostly steered from beneath decks or by a tiller on the smaller ships.
The wheel wasn't used on ships until around about the `18th-19th` century.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Sirus_Darke`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sirus_Darke)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The ships in the era that POTC is set were mostly steered from beneath decks or by a tiller on the smaller ships.  
The wheel wasn't used on ships until around about the `18th-19th` century.[/quote]

Wow! I never knew that! :gday

I guess the wheels on the poop deck in the movie of POTC were inacurate then. But I mean POTC is more about a fantasy pirates of the caribbean theme then historical accuracy. I doubt there's any reference in historical documents of fighting skeletons and zombies! xD: :)

Cheers Sirus

<!--`QuoteBegin-Vassal`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vassal)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hey which one is a good pirate game is it Seadogs 1 or POTC[/quote]
Dey both be good games mate,POTC is however gett'n better all de time ;)

Back