• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Graphic Flickering

tobmic

Landlubber
Heya so far enjoying POTC and NH but there is one thing that bothers me is that my screen starts flickering more and more after a mast is destroyed (not 100% sure if its caused by a destroyed mast though).
Is there a fix to that ?
Kinda unplayable like that :-(
Also I noticed that I dont lose crewmembers when under heavy fire from another ship, is that wad ?

btw what does a first mate do and what skill/stats does he need ?

Last edited:
I'm afraid that those Graphic Anomalies are a fairly common Build 14 feature that we have been unable to fix for a long time.
We managed to decrease the chance of it happening, but it hasn't completely stopped.

Are you using Godmode by any chance? That would make your crew immortal as well.

Damn oh well
No not using any cheats, weird maybe its cause my max crew is 42 and still using a small vessel (T7 Fast Brig).

What level are you at? The higher you defense the better your crew does but you should still lose crew. I do.

To answer another of the original questions, I'm not certain but I think the first mate may handle discipline. If so, he should have good Leadership.

You'll get your answer if you go to a tavern, find an officer, talk to him and he turns out to be a first mate. See what skill(s) he has at highest level. Also, if you look at a character's stats, some of the skills are ticked - aren't those the skills that he's contributing to your total?

Back