• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine Limitation Graphical Anomalies

It happens a lot as in every day with me. Every battle anywhere still delivers GA.
You've got the latest version (or the one from last week) now, right?
In that case, sounds like this one wasn't fixed. Would've been too good to be true anyway. :(

Break the masts of the French ship, than sunk her. After the battle with other ships I saw that something is in the sky, look with my spyglass, and there it is, flags from the French ship are still there, (happend somethimes in battles).

Screenshot

Ok, but good thing is that did not notice any other grapfic anomalities conected with this, just flags hanging in the sky.
I've seen some strange flags at time as well. I like the pennant that ended up extended to the horizon. :rofl

Ok. So I went from Map to 3D sail when this happened. Suddenly a row of flags appeared on the sea. It didn't drop my performance, it didn't cause a CDT, the flags were just staying at the water. Here's the picture:

Untitled.jpg

Ok. So I went from Map to 3D sail when this happened. Suddenly a row of flags appeared on the sea. It didn't drop my performance, it didn't cause a CDT, the flags were just staying at the water.
I saw that once too and I believe it is the reason for the "graphical anomalies", so that's why I moved your post here.

Nice picture though! :rofl

(Seen in build 14 beta 3.4)

I'm not 100% sure if it's to blame on martinique, but it seems consistent so far. What i'm seeing is this:

martinique glitch.png

It's a grid of lines that all seem to meet in a multitude of points around the island. They're not polygons. They seem more like routes between waypoints or something, placed over the sea. They're only visible when looking through a ship model (any model).

I have seen those. They are very rare and I have not seen them in a very long time.

(Seen in build 14 beta 3.4)

I'm not 100% sure if it's to blame on martinique, but it seems consistent so far. What i'm seeing is this:

View attachment 24410

It's a grid of lines that all seem to meet in a multitude of points around the island. They're not polygons. They seem more like routes between waypoints or something, placed over the sea. They're only visible when looking through a ship model (any model).
Moved your post here because I'm pretty sure we can't fix these things:(

The only time I ever saw those was when accidentally pressing a whole bunch of unrelated keyboard controls.
If I recall, for that particular effect I not only could turn it on with a specific button, the same button turned it back off too.

Wished I remembered which button it was though.

Moved your post here because I'm pretty sure we can't fix these things:(
I don't think it's the same problem. I've seen the graphical flag glitch, and this is not it. My suspicion was that it was related to the rearrangement of the islands and that Armada forgot to turn something off for that particular island, or something similar.

The only time I ever saw those was when accidentally pressing a whole bunch of unrelated keyboard controls.
If I recall, for that particular effect I not only could turn it on with a specific button, the same button turned it back off too.

Wished I remembered which button it was though.

That is interesting. I suppose i could try pressing random buttons. Maybe i'll be able to add another key to the control menu. :p

My suspicion was that it was related to the rearrangement of the islands and that Armada forgot to turn something off for that particular island, or something similar.
I can't think of anything that should have been "turned off" to stop this. The only real issues to come from rearranging the islands were related to the World Map and Direct Sail, so I strongly doubt that had anything to do with graphical anomalies. :shrug

I don't think it's the same problem. I've seen the graphical flag glitch, and this is not it. My suspicion was that it was related to the rearrangement of the islands and that Armada forgot to turn something off for that particular island, or something similar.
is it repeatable?

When I saw it, I think it was a different Island.
I see no reason why it should be related to the worldmap.

My suspicion is that it is a hidden game engine "feature" left by the original developers.

is it repeatable?

After reloading my savegame in that area, it's gone. :shrug Going to another island in the worldmap and then back to martinique didn't yield anything either. Strangely enough, it previously WAS repeatable. I think the cause may have dissapeared when i shut down the game.

I can't think of anything that should have been "turned off" to stop this. The only real issues to come from rearranging the islands were related to the World Map and Direct Sail, so I strongly doubt that had anything to do with graphical anomalies. :shrug

I was thinking it might have been related to the island model, and since it got moved around, i thought it might have been related to your work. Hard to say though. You'd know that best. I'll just keep an eye out for when it shows up again.

Back