• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Graphical Anomaly (I'm not entirely sure what to call it!)

Acirius

Landlubber
Hey there. I'm fairly new, well, to the forum. I've had POTC for a while and I've thoroughly enjoyed the game but as many here I wanted to spice up the (horribly) unfinished game. So I grabbed the latest version of New Horizons off Moddb. (Atleast I hope it's the latest version, Build 14 13.2). Anyway, I noticed that during battles, and sometimes when simply sailing directly I'd get huge blocks of grey that would take up atleast a third or a quarter of the screen that flicker. It wasn't a specific corner either, they can flicker and change corners as you turn and move the camera. Oddly it doesn't happen while sailing through the World Map or while boarding/walking around the islands/towns. I'm not entirely sure what's doing it though, I was hoping someone could shed some light on it; I'm running the game on Windows 7, 64-bit.

Intel(R) Core i7-4820K 3.70GHz.
16GB RAM.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760.
Resolutions set at 1920x1080.

Please help, it's reduced me to a Merchant, I don't wanna be a Merchant, I wanna take what I can and give nothing back. :< Pirates life for me? :pirates

I'll come back and post a picture as soon as I can!

Strange, this sounds like it may be related to the Intel Graphics fix to me, but the chip you have doesn't have built in graphics. Also check and make sure your card isn't overheating, although this game should be a cakewalk for that card. Does this happen with the stock game or just the Mod?

If you don't have it, I would also suggesting installing DirectX9, you can get that HERE!

I just re-installed the stock version in a new folder in Computer > C: > Games and then installed the mod over that. I believe I accidently installed it into Program Files, been playing it in Direct Sailing for about 40 minutes now and I've not yet seen any of the graphical anomalies I did before. On top of that I also installed the enhanced graphics thing which I didn't do before. This seems to have fixed it so far but I'll get back if it starts playing up again. And danke for the swift reply! ^_^

Yeah, installing to Program Files is a big problem, thanks to Microsoft's "Security Features." Glad you got it working mate. :onya

Ahh the wonderful GA. It has been around since 2010 when the lagoon mod was introduced. We reduced it by improving how the ships are built and other things, but it is still here.

Now about the only time it appears is when a ship loses a mast. So your battle strategy should be to shoot the hull and leave the sails alone and then move in and board fast. In long drawn out battles the GA can get so bad that you can't see to aim.

Lagoon Mod? I always attributed it to the Different Flags mod. o_O

Every time that happens to me I'm afraid the game is going to crash, if don't direct it properly.

Hi
've Even after a long time POTC reinstalled and the New Horizon Mod

Must say the mod is well done and fun (except for some minor bugs)

I am most annoying flicker when a mast breaks during the naval battles

Is not there a possibility that break the masts to disable? Somewhere in the scripts?
Or would the too great expense?

Sorry for the bad english :oops:

Have a look through PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h ; it might be there, but I can't remember.

Ok thx

I guess "// Amount added to mast mast damage When hit by the Following things" what is underneath must be set to 0. I vermouth times

'll Just test times and then I'll see it so it :D

Back