• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned Graphical Improvements to Cartagena Town Locations

Dextr

Sailor
1) The stairs in the city center are "unpassable".
2) You can see the sun (during the sunset) through the walls and fences:) This is, however, not related to Cartagena alone - I've seen the moon shining through the cliffs while sailing a lot of times.
3) There's a strange cavity in the cliff in the palace location (don't pay attention to the white color, it's an older screenie, there should be the sea instead.
4) There's smoke coming from the fountain - I understand that's how it works, still, can't the smoke around the fountain itself be removed? The thing looks like it's a bit on fire:D
5) Again, I'm not sure if it's my graphics or what, but the grass doesn't look very good both in port and palace, a unnatural tint to it as if it's artificial:) - maybe change it to sand, like in Goudeloupe?

Attachments

• seadogs2_0000.jpg
    seadogs2_0000.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 175
  • seadogs2_0013.jpg
    seadogs2_0013.jpg
    789.4 KB · Views: 185
  • seadogs2_0018.jpg
    seadogs2_0018.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 184
  • seadogs2_0023.jpg
    seadogs2_0023.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 189
Yes the stairs are that way for some purpose.

Maybe it should bother me but the sun shining through thimgs is just a feature of the game.

I do not recall that stone arch. I was just there a few hours ago too.

That is not smoke. It is water mist.

That grass seems to be as good as they can get it.

1. Would probably require @danitim1 to look at that walk patch too. Indeed he didn't work on that location.

2. That happens whenever GM models haven't been exported properly from Maya.
Since many of these locations either were made for another game or modified with the TOOL, this effect is not surprising.

3. Is that when you stand so close to the wall that you look through it? Or is it just an odd angle?
That particular location was made by deleting buildings from another location.
Possibly that used to be hidden behind a building that is no longer there.

4. Do you have a screenshot of that? I think that "smoke" is supposed to represent water mist from the splashing.

5. It is already much better than it was before, but I spent about 5 seconds on the actual colour.
If you or anyone else would like to tweak it to look more realistic, by all means please do so!!!

Yes! Im aware of Cartargena town bugs on those stairs over there, I will take a time to fix them, and the TownResidence its not 100% done, it needs some improvements too :doff

So any progress on this?

No bugs can be replicated, from what I understand.
Would be nice if some texture artist could improve on that palace ground texture though.

Back