• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Graphics/AI Programmer

Dracowyr

Landlubber
Hi there!

I've been watching Hearts of Oak for a while now (since you were using CryEngine). I've been very impressed with the progress, and I'd like to help out.

My areas of specialty: Graphics and Artificial Intelligence
Skillset: DirectX, OpenGL Graphics, Shaders (HLSL, GLSL), Finite State Machine, Pathfinding, Behaviour, etc.
Languages: C/C++, C#, Mel/Python (Maya Scripting)
Game Engine: Unity 4.x (Using Visual Studio), UE4s
3D: Maya (Currently own Maya 2015 LT), and basic 3DS Max

Last edited:
This is just great! Welcome to the team!
So far it was me, that was preoccupied most with graphics, but having in mind my very limited knowledge, I believe your help would be of great use. @Captain Murphy is our lead programmer and should set you up shortly.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've long been a fan of Age of Sail - type games, more currently I enjoyed the implementation of the ship combat in Assassins Creed: Black Flag.

I think we can achieve close to the same graphics fidelity with the Unity 3d engine.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the implementation of the ship combat in Assassins Creed: Black Flag.
The Blasphemy!:p Most of us here were facepalming with the free of mouse hand, of the utter arcadeness and complete injustice the Black Flag gave the traditional sailing and combat. Thanks heavens Unity won't have any sea combat:monkeydance. On the other hand I'm very much interest in their graphic fidelity, and rumours lead me to believe that with Unity 5 (see SPECTRA) we could even have a nice real time GI...

The Blasphemy!:p Most of us here were facepalming with the free of mouse hand, of the utter arcadeness and complete injustice the Black Flag gave the traditional sailing and combat. Thanks heavens Unity won't have any sea combat:monkeydance. On the other hand I'm very much interest in their graphic fidelity, and rumours lead me to believe that with Unity 5 (see SPECTRA) we could even have a nice real time GI...

ugh black flag , motorboats with stupid looking battering rams sticky taped on.

I must agree that Assasin's Creed has a pretty unrealistic take on ship design, sailing and naval combat of the era, though they do at least give gameplay reasons for doing some of those. Ours will be a different sort of game in several respects. It looks like you have a broad and developed skill set, can't wait to see your contributions! :)

Ahoy matey! Welcome to the forum! :woot

Your help would be much appreciated! Any particular preferences on what you could work on?

I have set you up as provisional Programmer. @Captain Murphy should be around soon enough to discuss the details with you. :doff

Back