• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help green frigate

FlyingSquid

Landlubber
Sorry, but i cant open a new tread, so i write it here, maybe someone can move it.....:

Hello!

I have a big problem, atleast for me its real big! Years ago i was playing the stock potc and now i'm enjoying the wonderful "new horizons" mod. I really like all the new ships, weapons and features, but i miss one nice ship: a green frigate, with a kind of a seahorse as a figurehead. She was in the stock game (there were only 2 frigates, a "normal" one and the green one) but i cant find her in the mod.

Please let me know if you know something about her. Is she still in the game? If not, how can i bring her in? And what do you know about this ship?

Thanks alot from the sunny islands of vava'u, kingdom of tonga!

Sorry, but i cant open a new tread, so i write it here, maybe someone can move it.....:

Hello!

I have a big problem, atleast for me its real big! Years ago i was playing the stock potc and now i'm enjoying the wonderful "new horizons" mod. I really like all the new ships, weapons and features, but i miss one nice ship: a green frigate, with a kind of a seahorse as a figurehead. She was in the stock game (there were only 2 frigates, a "normal" one and the green one) but i cant find her in the mod.

Please let me know if you know something about her. Is she still in the game? If not, how can i bring her in? And what do you know about this ship?

Thanks alot from the sunny islands of vava'u, kingdom of tonga!

Yeah I know what ship it is it's not in the game any more and I don't know how we can bring it back so really there's no way we can bring it back I don't think.

As Hylie said, the original frigate models have been replaced with much more detailed ones.
However, one of the paint schemes does partly resemble the original green frigate. See this post: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/frigate-rossiya-1728.18305/page-21#post-441011
You'll notice the same seahorse figurehead is still present. ;)

Yeah I know what ship it is it's not in the game any more and I don't know how we can bring it back so really there's no way we can bring it back I don't think.
We can 'bring back' any model from the original game quite easily, actually. Please don't post answers like this unless you know what you're talking about.

As Hylie said, the original frigate models have been replaced with much more detailed ones.
However, one of the paint schemes does partly resemble the original green frigate. See this post: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/frigate-rossiya-1728.18305/page-21#post-441011
You'll notice the same seahorse figurehead is still present. ;)

We can 'bring back' any model from the original game quite easily, actually. Please don't post answers like this unless you know what you're talking about.
i know thats why i said i dont know

thanks for your quick reply!!
well, i saw the "new" green frigate and its nice, maybe nicer than the older one, but i'm a bit freaky with "my old lady"....
and yeah of course it wouldn't give much to the game for most people, but i would love to see her again (specially because there are no youtube videos or pictures on google)

is there any chance for me to bring her back (only in my game i mean), somethink like changing some models or textures?
does anybody know something about that ship (wich ship was serve as a model)?

thanks again for your quick answering, its nice to see a forum about a more then 10 years old (more or less unknown) game still alive!!!

I could put a package together just for you, but you would be better off with Build 13. Give me some time.

is there any chance for me to bring her back (only in my game i mean), somethink like changing some models or textures?
does anybody know something about that ship (wich ship was serve as a model)?
If it were me, I'd prefer to modify the green frigate's texture for the new model. That way, you'd have something we could potentially add to the mod, or as a separate add-on if anyone else wants it.
I'd definitely recommend doing that if you're savvy with Photoshop or GIMP.

Otherwise, it's a little more complex to bring the entire model back, but still doable if you're patient.

The green texture itself appears to be a fictional design, but the other original frigate model was based on the Russian frigate Rossiya, which is more accurately represented in the new model.

Well, I just got done putting a package together from Build 14 Patch 5. Theoretically this should give you your old green frigate back with its old stats and walk file. The walk file is the crew. Just follow the directions in the readme and you should be ok.

Armada: I remember working on this ship giving it new rigging when patch 6 or 7 came out and it was decided to just replace it with your Rossiya. It is in pretty much its 2002 condition and would require a ton of upgrading to make it presentable. There are better ships to be spending our time on. However, if FlyingSquid wants to work on it I can help.

Attachments

• frigate2 files.7z
    467.4 KB · Views: 104
Indeed swapping out the models is easy enough. Helping FlyingSquid out with that is very kind of you, Hylie!

Yes il put them in now!

YhRZI8T.png

5VTzwMi.png

vS7ifUI.png

Last edited:
Nice @Nightmare ! That ship, curiously... Do you remember the treasure with the artois voysey sidequest on the standard storyline? The shipwreck that appears on the hidden beach behind the waterfall on Bonaire... That was the green frigate of the stock POTC.

Armada: I remember working on this ship giving it new rigging when patch 6 or 7 came out and it was decided to just replace it with your Rossiya. It is in pretty much its 2002 condition and would require a ton of upgrading to make it presentable. There are better ships to be spending our time on. However, if FlyingSquid wants to work on it I can help.
I wouldn't recommend making any further changes to the model, since it's not being 'officially' brought back. What you've already done is probably plenty enough. :doff

@Nightmare, small tip: place large screenshots in spoiler code like so:
Code:
[spoiler]CONTENT HERE[/spoiler]
That keeps things a bit neater on the page. ;)

Nice @Nightmare ! That ship, curiously... Do you remember the treasure with the artois voysey sidequest on the standard storyline? The shipwreck that appears on the hidden beach behind the waterfall on Bonaire... That was the green frigate of the stock POTC.
was it i had no cule that was the green frigate il take a look at it agian!

I wouldn't recommend making any further changes to the model, since it's not being 'officially' brought back. What you've already done is probably plenty enough. :doff

@Nightmare, small tip: place large screenshots in spoiler code like so:
Code:
[spoiler]CONTENT HERE[/spoiler]
That keeps things a bit neater on the page. ;)
thanks il do that

wow guys, i'm amazed!!!!! finely see this ship again, thanks alot for your help and the screenies!!! @ hylie: i try it in a few days, bit buissy now

thank you all very much!

hello again! finely, its not working. i did everything like you wrote it, but if i put in the new ship.init in and start the game, i cannot choose any ships in a new game..... it dont show the ships, its empty! if i load a old game, everything is fine, but i havent seen the frigate until now. sometimes, when there is a chance to see her (e.g. a batlleship convoi or so) the game stops and break down....

but i was going to the beach of "old douwesen" and find the wreck....

Back