• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Book (Quest Walkthroughs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SessionExpired

Sailor Apprentice
Age of Pirates 2
City of Abandoned Ships

Guide Book

This is a PDF Document created by Prelacter (Myself) which holds Quest Guides for Age of Pirates 2.
All quest guides, tips and hints included in this guide were taken from Pirates Ahoy Forums and Skodarap's Google Site. I started to put all the Guides and such together into one document for "Easy Access"

Currently the Guide Book is unfinished but i decided to release it with only a few quests done so i can possibly get some feedback on it.

I will fix grammar errors in the walkthroughs, lay it out neatly in an easy readable way for people soon.
I hope this will become of some use to the community.

Guide Book Status: Unfinished.
Quests Currently Included
  • Peter Blood Intro
  • Kill the Beggars
  • Ascold
  • Austin
  • Blue Bird
  • Isabella
  • Ship of Souls (Flying Dutchman)
  • Tenochtitlan Quest
  • Enchanted City Quest
  • Double-barrelled Musket Quest

Quests Walkthroughs to be added

• Captive Groom/Bride
  • Governor’s Quests
  • Lost Countryman
  • Priest Quests
  • Port Master Quests
  • Treasure Hunt
  • Location of some Gifts
  • Prison Quests
  • Moneylenders Quests
  • Store Owner Quests
  • Tavern keepers Quests
  • Pirate Captains Quests
  • Captive Groom/Bride
  • Governor’s Quests
  • Lost Countryman
  • Priest Quests
  • Port Master Quests
  • Treasure Hunt
  • Location of some Gifts
  • Prison Quests
  • Moneylenders Quests
  • Store Owner Quests
  • Tavern keepers Quests
  • Pirate Captains Quests

Work will continue on this Guide Book untill i am happy with the way it looks and the amount of quests i have coverd. I will also place a "Tips" section in the book which will list some usefull tips and hints about the game.

Download
Version 3 Available.​
Due to attachment restrictions i have uploaded the PDF to Mediafire.

Please post what you think. Negative or Positive, It will help me make this guide better and see if there is a point in me spending my time on this!

Nice start there Prelacter, well done mate! :onya

I was wondering if someone was ever going to actually compile all that data from the walkthrough thread, I thought about trying it myself, but I don't really have the time. I do have a couple of suggestions for you though. Feel free to use my suggestions, or ignore them as you see fit! :dance

The layout it's self looks fine, but I think if you added a distinctive footer to the end of each quest, the layout might flow a bit more evenly. In my opinion, the page numbers would also work better at the bottom of the page, rather than the top. Also, the blue background is just a bit harsh for me, something that jumped out a bit less strongly might work better. Perhaps something with a bit more of a nautical or 17'th century period feel to it.

It would mean a little extra work on your part, but I think it would be a good idea to keep track of your sources for the information you have compiled and give credit by name for the information from each quest. Perhaps a credit line at the start or end of each quest section stating where the compiled information came from.

I noticed you used Word to build the PDF, personally, I had much better luck using Open Office when I was building the History and Tutorials manual for the POTC Build Mod. Of course this is really just a personal preference thing, I just felt Open Office was a lot more intuitive to use than Word was. :shrug

I am really looking forward to seeing your final version mate, it would really be nice to have all that information all in one place! It will probably take quite some time to compile all those quests, but I guarantee you there will be a LOT of grateful people out there who will be ecstatic that you took the time to do it! Good luck mate! :cheers

Hail hail! Finally mate someone took the initiative to start this(well it has been started but Handel and Sordid seem to disappeared :?), hopefully you`ll have the determination and energy to finish this awesome project. :bow

As Thagarr pointed out the background could be a different color-I have some ideas, if you want my help just drop me a PM, I`ll gladly help you out as coding and modding is a tad bit far from my knowledge but I`ll spare no time and energy to help you and complete this as a complete walkthrough is badly missing indeed! :cheers

Thanks for the feedback! I really apreciate it. :onya

Today I have not spent time on this as my Bearded Dragon has become ill so I've had to go out and buy some things so It's been a worrying and busy day but finally the night is coming and I prefer to work in the night, Peacefull with no distractions!

If you guys have an image that i could possibly use as the background then please post, or any other colours I could use instead of blue. (I chose blue as a quick colour just to se how it would turn out. May revert it to basic white background for the time being)

Credit for each quest will be placed in the Guide ofcourse (If i am able to find out who wrote this specific walkthrough for the quest otherwise I will simply state "Taken from Pirates Ahoy")

I will begin changing up the Guide using the feedback and will add more quests in also. A new "version" will be released tonight and hopefully more feedback will be gained from that.

Again, Thank you for the Feedback.

Here is a template, might help, I have a couple of these let me know if interested I`ll PM them to you-not sure about how`d they look on printing though yet :shrug

EDIT: wheres me attachment? :rolleyes:

You can pretty much use anything for the background image, as long as it isn't to distracting. I simply used a plain parchment background and a few clipart images for the POTC manual. I also added some screen shots for some of the tutorials, there might be a few parts of a quest that it would be helpful to have a screen shot of, but I wouldn't think you would really need all that many.

This is the parchment I used for the backdrop, it is open source, so feel free to use it for your PDF if you like. Just click on the links, and a new page should open with the full resolution file.

I thought this one was just a bit to dark for my purposes, but you may like it better. If you choose this one, you may want to resize it so it has a smaller file size before you add it to your PDF.

By the way, if you haven't seen the History and Tutorials PDF I made, the link is in my sig. It covers the basics of modding, most of the tutorials can also be applied to modding CoAS, but there are some differences in the code. I do plan on adding more to it at some point, just gotta find the time! :modding

Thank you again for your replies!
I am currently using the second image you supplied, Thagarr. Thank you.

Sadly I did not do any work last night as my bearded dragon was still showing illness signs and sadly today he passed away but currently I am working on the guide and i may even "finish" it.

I will update the main post shortly with the new guide (Few more quests put in, new background image, edited the layout here and there.)

Keep watching this thread for more updates to the guide and hopefully a moderator will pin this thread so others may find it.

Version 3 is now ready to download. Check the main post for the Download link.
Please give me feedback on the new version.

Updates

• All important quests added.
  • New Background (Thanks to Thagarr)
  • A few minor edits.
  • Banners added (Scrolls, Looks nice)
  • Images.

Ignore the spelling mistakes in the intro. It's 2am as i rewrote it and made a few spelling errors here and there. Will be fixed in the next version.

That looks fantastic Prelacter! Well done mate! :cheers

I really like the scroll work for the headers and footers, those are awesome! :onya

The only other suggestion I can think of at the moment is more for the finished version, when you get around to finalizing it. Adding Hyper-links to the Table of Contents would make the PDF a lot easier to navigate, that way a reader could just browse the contents, click on a link, and quickly jump to the specific quest they wanted to read about. It is a bit of a pain to add them though, but it would add a lot more of a polished look to the finished PDF. I had a tough time figuring out how to easily do it with Word, that's one of the reasons I chose Open Office to edit the manual.

Thank you Thagarr! :cheers
I'm also happy with the way it looks now, the hyperlink idea is good and I will be sure to look into doing that!
Won't be long until the all the quests are placed into guide.

Thanks for the advice :will

That looks awesome mate!!! :onya The background and the skulls are a very good choice indeed.
I guess this will (should) be definitely stickied once you finished. One footnote here: The side quest could be organized in alphabetical order to make search easier(or hyperlinked :hmm?)
Anyway congrats mate :cheers

PS: Sorry to hear about your dragon there...

That looks awesome mate!!! :onya The background and the skulls are a very good choice indeed.
I guess this will (should) be definitely stickied once you finished. One footnote here: The side quest could be organized in alphabetical order to make search easier(or hyperlinked :hmm?)
Anyway congrats mate :cheers

PS: Sorry to hear about your dragon there...

Thank you Greyfoot :onya I will be looking into using hyperlinks to make things easier :)

- Thanks, He died rather quickly so he diddn't go through much pain :facepalm

Work has stopped on this temporarily. (As i guess you noticed!) Certain family issues rose which has taken me away from the Computer to focus more on these issues.

I have interviews and such coming up also so I don't know a specific date when this will be finished sadly.
Sorry :?

ill add you the links to some of the national guides youre missing just to make it faster for you ;)

French national questline
http://flightsimforum.myfanforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2857
By admin ( dont know who it is, just says admin i think its luke though)

English national questline
http://flightsimforum.myfanforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2854&view=unread

No problem Prelacter, real life always comes first. Thats the good thing about PA though, we have no deadlines here. I hope ya get things sorted soon mate.

This is a great effort, mate! I can't actually look at the file at this time, but kudos to you for doing this!

One random thought though... for PotC, we've got our walkthrough on the PiratesAhoy! Wiki.
I wonder if having a PDF file or a Wiki version would be better/easier to use.
I'd be inclined the Wiki might be useful, since when people ask on the forum, we can post a link to the appropriate page.
It also helps with creating links and allowing updates by other people so you wouldn't need to do everything yourself.
Just a though. Whatever you decide to do, it'll be much appredciated! :doff

I think it would be handy to have both, having it on the wiki would definitely be very handy! There are times however when someone might not have Internet access while playing the game, having a copy on their hard drive might be a bit more convenient for some.

Perhaps we can convince Prelacter, or someone else, to add it to the wiki once it's finished. :wp

Hey guy's i have question ........after completion of all the quests mentioned in the guide book what should be the next step or thing to do????????
and also i am playing the game with the SAVE GAME option only available in side the church. But some of posts mentions that you can save the game anywhere...how is it possible???????
PLEASE HELP ME OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back