• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Gunpowder storage bug

fjx

Promotion
Storm Modder
:ahoythere. I think I have the bug. I'm doing the reward part 3 and when I am in the gunpowder storage (with the powdermonkey) I can't take the ammo pouch and gunpowder flask from the shelf to the right like the walkthrough says cause there are only 2 unnamed items which look like documents (papers) and I can not take them. I can place my items there but i cannot take them back (only exchange). Because of this problem I can't continue the story. Can it be caused by build mod cheats used? Thanks to all who will help and answer me. Please take a look at the attached screenshot.

P.S. Sorry for my eventual mistakes cause I'm not English.:shrug
2012-11-18_00001.jpg

I don't know either. Check tonight when I get back home.

I don't think you need the cheat mode: try without it.
You'll get all items you need in this quest.

Reactions: fjx
Can you right-click on those mystery items? Maybe that gives us some additional information?

OK, I'll try it (I mean the right click). Maybe I will start it from the beginning (with the guide of course). Thanks.:ship

Ok I tried with the cheatmode on - no problem, I got both powderflask & ammobag.
I strongly advise you to skip the cheat mode anyway: Howard Pyle has lost all his items and gold
in the gunpowder explosion. He can't possibly have 700 000 gold now.

You can start from reward 3 this way:
PROGRAM\Storyline\WoodesRogers\StartStoryline.c
Change Pchar.quest.WR_start
by putting // before case "0"
and removing // before case "4".

Now I know! It happened because I switched ammo and gunpowder mod off in advanced options.

OK, This time I KNOW I have the right place. I have a similer problem with the powder room...

Original post - "hi again, thanks for the help on the last question I posted here. Again I may be in the wrong place, but this seems right this time. I am playing "Woodes Rogers" and have rescued Catherine K. and returned for the reward. I can do everything up until I get into the armoury. I need to get into the chest at the end of the counter (yes I peeked at the walkthrough for this part), but there seem to be two problems. 1 - if I step on the steplock, I get launched(?) over the counter to the powder room door. I am a little frustrated at this, and can't seem to find a way around the steplock. 2 - The walkthrough says that the chest is now clear of the piled up junk, but it is obviously not. I am assuming that the grumpy gunner guy is supposed to fire the cannon and that would clear the chest, but thats not happening. Am I missing a step here somewhere? I have followed the walkthrough, just to be sure I made all the steps right, but I still can't get to the chest, and even if I could, I doubt I could open it.
Thanks in advance"
Reply from Jack Rackham - "Have you visited the gunpowder supply yet?
In there you are supposed to pick up the powderflask & the ammobag and fill them up (12 each).
After that the monkey leaves and the gunner fires the cannon etc etc"

Yes I have everything from the powder room (horn, bag, bullets, powder) But the Stoopid Monkey won't go away and the grumpy gunner guy won't shoot his gun.

Hi Singer311, here are some questions:
Which game version are you playing?
Do you use the deafult settings?
Did you use any of the jump starts in startstoryline.c?
Did the bag & flask autoequip when you picked them up?

Hi Jack;
I'm playing Build 14 beta 2.3, default settings. As for jump starts, ummmmmm.... whats that? Bag and flask did autoequip. Here's a funny thing that is a result of this though. If I leave the room, then go back in, I can pick up the bag and flask again. I can do this over and over again, but I can't pick up anymore than 12 of bullets and powder.

It starts to sound like a bug and I'll check this tonight when I get home.
12 is max for thse containers.

In PROGRAM\Storyline\WoodesRogers\StartStoryline:
You find a list of start cases numbered from "1" to "20". Try remove the // before the one you want to choose instead
of the first one (already chosen).

If you just want to continue:
Load an earlier savegame and play from that.
If no savegame use jumpstart "4" in StartStoryline.c (line 31) remove //

When you have picked up the powderflask & ammobag
don't leave the gunpowder storage room until you have loaded up with 12 + 12 ammo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want everything alright replace the quest_reaction.c in PROGRAM\Storyline\WoodesRogers\quests with this one...
and restart with a savegame or a jumpstart as above.
It was a bug and it's fixed now.

Attachments

• quests_reaction.7z
    160.3 KB · Views: 204
ok that worked thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to make the rum and I'm good to go. Actually I just need to figure out how to turn the water valve on.

Ok never mind, turns out you have to have the sound on to be able to finish this portion. I have to keep the sound off most of the time, so I didn't hear what was going on.

Hi all again;
I seem to be having all kinds of problems. I'm in the "medicine chest" portion and was going great guns, until I give the food to cook and collect the medicine chest from food storage. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to go to now. I thought I had missed something so I checked the walkthrough and it says that I have to go visit the gunner. But the armoury is locked, and I can't find him anywhere else. I found a revised walkthrough that changes the order of things, but that one says that I have to talk to grandma first, and she's asleep in her room and won't wake up (where's an alarm clock when you need one). I have restarted the portion of the quest several times and have had no luck with either walkthrough, or doing it on my own. I have even gone back and restarted the quest from the beginning. also with less than ideal results. Any help here would prevent me from running screaming through the streets naked. (A sight NO ONE wants to see)

Ok well, ummm this is embarrasing. Appantly, I have to have EVERYTHING in the medicine chest before grandma comes to talk to me. So well I'll just be sitting over here in my stupid hat.....*sigh*

Build 14 beta 2.3, default settings.
Cheats off

Jumpstart: PROGRAM\Storyline\WoodesRogers\StartStoryline.c

Line27 to line45 are the possible start cases.
Just remove the // before the one you want to use. (and 'close' all others with //)
Save the file and
Good luck!

Right, where to start, uhm...

Ahoy there! My problem with this storyline is basically this: I realized that I won't be able to finish this game with the options that I've picked from the game preferences interface when I get to this quest. So I decided (it was a hard decision) to restore default to those game preferences and start over to this storyline. But there's a problem with the restore default button and it isn't working.

Anyway, long story short: Will the game restore the options to default if I just simply delete the "options" file in the main directory?

Back