• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Hamilton's music corner and packs

Wolfgang Hamilton

Admiral and Commander of the Red Squadron in HMRN
i've decided to start make music packs for POTC and if anyone want to help me make them easy for install so that you don't need to backup the old to put in the new i would really appreciate it.

currently i am making a song list for those who choose to not be a dashing swashbuckler but a handsome gentleman in the service of a country to his liking.

this music coming pack will have ochestra music to indicate this, if you are no fan of this then you should not bother downloading when it is released.

it'll also contain folkmusic and other goodies, but no new style music like the one heard at the end 19th the 20 and current 21st century like hardcore rock or heavy metal and the like

if you want to help out and got skype then add me so we can help send packs that will give joy to those who likes a bit of class when playing.

currently any future updates will mean more added songs which will mean that you will have to overwrite your music_standard.c with the one provided in the most recent of the updates.

sometimes an overhaul might be done and then an updated version of sound.c will also be provided.

i am in need of ppl who can help find music that i will need to expand this, currently i will need more shorts for victory, death and end of storm, any and all contributions are appreciated.

PM me with a download link if you want to help out, you will get a place in the credits in the update release post/s.

tip: check here often for updates, that fix for an event or that long awaited update or patch might have been released.

i try to work as fast with my updates, patches and hotfixes without doing halfhearted jobs so i can not say for ex when the next release will come out.

you will simply have to wait until they are released.

i would like to have beta testers for future releases, that can test wether a piece will work well with an event or place.

my skype is anders916

first release of the V1 version of the Gentlemans Classical Music Pack is the first post on page 2 of the topic
also contains the hotfix for V1

i urgently need someone who can calibrate the files for the music to make the volume higher for the quieter ones and a bit lower for the louder.

Amusingly, i considered helping here, but decided against it because i don't know how to make them in such a way that you can activate them in the options menu. I always replace files.

Also, I've only recently discovered that sound.c allows for far more extensive modifications than just replacing .ogg files. In fact, if you want to change the filenames and number of tracks per area, you NEED to modify sound.c along with music_standard or the game won't register your changes. Jack Black's music pack is a far better example of what you can do.

As an aside, why not link to my new version?

it would help if someone could help with the sound.c and music_standard file bit since i don't really am much for programming or coding

but i do intend to add more songs than exists in the game currently so we get a nice dose of variation.

i will keep the music file names simple so that anyone willing to help can have an easy time do the necessary changes to these files

you will get place in credits for helping out ^^

well, basically sound.c works in cooperation with music_standard to make things work. In your case, it's just a matter of finding out which track plays where, finding the names of those tracks in both files, then changing them to what you want them to be. If you want to increase the number of tracks in a location, it's usually just a matter of copy-pasting the code where you found the name of the music that belongs in the location you want to improve, and changing the name of the track to the one you added.

Once you've deciphered that previous sentence, you should know that the portugese town theme is gorod-2. It makes no sense, but it took me long enough to find it, so i'd rather spare you the trouble.

I think it would be best if you try to find out how music_standard works first. That's the simple one. Basically, all tracks that belong in one location are grouped together, and a random selection is made from those tracks. Changing music_standard won't work unless you change sound.c as well, unfortunately, but once you know what you're looking for it should be a lot easier. Do keep in mind that you should not overdo it either. Too many tracks can cause issues, but i'm unsure of what the limit is. Also, mind your soundtrack length. Use long tracks at sea, short tracks in things like governor's mansions and avoid lyrics if you're likely to hear them often.

If you don't have an audio converter yet, try getting Any Audio Converter. It's one of thsoe free ones where you only get a nag screen if you don't buy it, rather than a reduction in what you can do with it.

Yeah Legendary_Spider figured out how to get music packs changed in options, but has disappeared. I linked to your old pack because that's the one I found first. In other words I'm lazy.

well i use an online version and it works like a charm, but i seriously would need a second person who think like me and have similar taste in music.

we can work together to bring media which will greatly add to gameplay.

as said my name is anders916 and i am around all day around GMT+1 time

and i am using instrumentals of the songs that are really good but normally got lyrics.

if you want i can now package the alpha of the first pack.

music testers are welcome

i also would like to demand honest feedback about it so i know what is going right or wrong.

download link will be put up here as soon as it is ready.

and remember that it is an alpha so there are only a few songs sofar.

currently working on a much more refined version, expect a rather large size but expect on good quality.

Yeah Legendary_Spider figured out how to get music packs changed in options, but has disappeared.
I'm sure he still lurks around the place, but he's waiting for Bonjourmonami to work on the new Dutchman, which hasn't happened yet... :facepalm

currently working on expanding the number of songs heard in the tavern by 2 more

i am doing a lot of work but sofar no luck, maybe someone could help me

the file names of the songs are Harp01 and Harp02 so if someone can give me some help here i would really appreciate it.

for example what and where i need to change in sound.c and music_standard.c

they are made by portable harps and would fit in quite nicely

also i am doing good progress, we can either see the first official full release by tonight or tomorrow.

Whatever happened to L_S's music pack anyway? I can't find it.

OT: I have a working install with the stock music, so will see how this sounds.

In music_standard.c, change

makeref(tmpref, Music_Alias[n]);
tmpref.id = "music_tavern";
tmpref.files.l1.name = "MUSIC\Taverna.ogg";
tmpref.files.l2.name = "MUSIC\Town_Exploration02.ogg";
tmpref.files.l3.name = "MUSIC\Two_Hornpipes_(Tortuga).ogg";
//B.
n++;

to

makeref(tmpref, Music_Alias[n]);
tmpref.id = "music_tavern";
tmpref.files.l1.name = "MUSIC\Taverna.ogg";
tmpref.files.l2.name = "MUSIC\Town_Exploration02.ogg";
tmpref.files.l3.name = "MUSIC\Two_Hornpipes_(Tortuga).ogg";
tmpref.files.l4.name = "MUSIC\Harp01.ogg";
tmpref.files.l5.name = "MUSIC\Harp02.ogg";
//B.
n++;

Assuming you're using .ogg files, that is. As for sound.c, it seems no changes are required. I don't trust it though. Try pressing F11 in the game and starting a new game to see if it's working. 5 soundtracks for the tavern seems a bit excessive though. Maybe you should remove the Taverna line, since it's used in all the shops already. Up to you though. Also note that music_standard is the default music. What sound.c does, on closer inspection, is check for the second line in the code i posted above whenever you enter a location, in this case a tavern. Music_standard then decides which soundtracks are played there. If you, for example, would want to add locations for custom music to play in, sound.c would be the file to change. I do believe forts don't have music yet. Wouldn't know how to add it though, i don't know the name for fort locations.

Also, if you choose to remove a soundtrack, make sure the 'tmpref.files.l1.name' lines are in proper order. That mistake might actually be what broke things in my game once.

!Update!

currently adding all songs needed and updating the music_standard.c file as needed.
how many more songs added than stock game or NH is not known but you can be sure there will be alot.

expect to see this either late today or the next, in any case it will take the time it needs to be finished, and nagging, asking or begging about it won't help a bit.

also if you want to listen to the extra added songs you will sadly have to start a new game, since they are well additions and a bit of coding of them went in to let them come in.

First impressions:

I found no sound.c, but did find a music_standard.c. Your instructions on where to place it are wrong. It goes in: program--->sound--->alias.

Overall the volume is too low. The music is drowned out by ambient noises and other music is much louder.

The merchant music is ok.

The Spanish town music does sound vaguely Spanish. So far I have heard nothing different in Portagee and English towns.

I can not picture flutes in a tavern. Play the game. Sit down and gamble for a while. You might win yourself a woman! It is possible. Drink the rum! Or maybe the mulled wine. :cheers
I'm not saying flutes and harps didn't happen, but it needs to be a bit kickier in this location. This is my idea of harp music. Huron Loreena McKennitt Video Loreena McKennitt Musica - YouTube

thank you Hylie, currently fixing that by looking for some songs sounding a bit more spanish

and i think you may like the new song for Tortuga ;)

and don't forget to discuss with me and others which song/s was good or bad so i can correct it/them.

please stick on topic

if anyone got some portugeese music then please pm me so i can add them incase i can't find anything similar

a piano theme will be added for each nation's governor, these are quite long since you may be staying there to share a glass of wine with them, or doing so at your own imaginary estate. or in your cabin.

i have decided that france will get classier than most countries, reason.....Ludvig XIV

he did reign for about 80 or so years, but enough of the history lesson.

i will add 3 more tracks to complete my tavern playlist, one is something you would recognise if you come from up north, and the 2 other are harp music again but with a but darker theme.

what do i need to do if i want to add more song for the portugeese, i know they only got one colony but still, that doesen't mean they only get to have one song right?.
nvm i think i fixed it via editing sound.c

the files are uploaded, i will placed the links in the order they should be downloaded

incase you do not know how to install i will give you one on the post which will contain the download links

go to page 2 to get to the release post of the pack ->

Back