• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hard Truck Apocalypse

Marki

Sailor
Hard Truck Apocalypse. It's a game with technical issues. problems. frustration. Did I hear that before? Once it's running it'll reward you for the pain. it's a monothematic game, all you'll do, you'll do with your truck:) You'll sail around a lot, sorry DRIVE. I've bought/downloaded a lot of games, very few of them I played for longer than two hours. If you love our beloved pirate games, this just might be a game for you. If you like trucks. And you're looking for the pain of making the game run at the beginning:) But I'll write a technical support guide if any pirate shall be interested.

Them pirates are not really interested:rofl I have to learn to make better advertising. Next time you feel like playing something else try it. It works with windows 10.

Meh. It doesn't really have any modding, and as far as I can tell its got a bad story, and a bit of linearity.

In POTC I can be a naval officer, trader, pirate, treasure hunter, adventurer and any mix of the above. In that game I see trading and uh... exploration? From what I've read the factions are even more barebones. I dunno, it just doesn't look very good to me personally. It helps that being the captain of a ship is much more appealing to me than being a trucker. :)

That and when looking for a vehicular open world combat game, we have a FAR superior title.

Mad Max.

Sure it may not have open world trading, but I feel its got a great story and excellent gameplay. Hard Truck strikes me like alot of russian titles. Some are great like Akella's series, some are great in concept but terrible in execution like Precursors. Precursors is a fantastic idea, imagine Sea Dogs in space. Walking around planets doing quests, and flying around in space doing missions and upgrading your ship. Unfortunatly that game had alot of weird design decisions and some horrific bugs.

Hard truck may be great, but from the outside I'm just not seeing it lol.

yeah that's why I'm telling you from the inside manxD great you checked it out. A lot of cyrillic letters and strange languages like Polish, right?:monkeydanceThere are mods in fact, cylillic mods. And Booster Mod, but only until xp... They might be great, I'll never know. You're right, Hard Truck Apocalypse is a combat, upgrade and exploration game only but it's very good in just being that. Because the drive mechanics are great and fun, not like in Post Apocalyptic Mayhem for example and they're better that in GTA5. The weapon system is great and fun. The story isn't that bad. The style of the whole game is nice and the atmosphere the game gives you is a relaxed and comfortable one, similar to AoP2 or PotC. Then, after hour 30, the game is over and that's it. But then you play HTA Rise of Clans and have fun for another 20 hours.
I've tried Mad Max by the way. Stopped it at hour 5 or 6 because of intensive boredom.

The game is dead anyway, not available on steam anymore because of workaround needed to make it run on windows 10. RIP HTA.

Rise of the Clans is on sale on steam for 71 cents. Is it a standalone expansion? For less than a buck I'd buy it, but I'm seeing the other game is like 7 dollars, so I assume this is just an expansion and I need the base game?

RoC is standalone. You still get it on steam in the US? Buy it. Throw the launcher in main directory, get them for all hta games from here:

http://steamdb.ru/guides/656-launch...e-launcher-mod-menedzher-dlya-ex-machina.html
(or here:
Steam Community :: Guide :: Launcher (Mod Manager) for Hard Truck Apocalypse / Лаунчер (Мод-Менеджер) для Ex Machina
)

Don't even try to run the console, it won't work on windows 10, therefore you can forget about the only existing mod in english, booster mod, anyway, because it's a "console mod".
Just choose Windows 7/8 and then the button on the top.
Tech advices: Sometimes the game won't start .. ehm .. that well :monkeydancestay cool and do that:
1. Always restart your system for the next try when an error occured. Probably twice. And once again. It's all about patience xD.
2. Let the intro roll, don't skip with ESC, then probably ESC once, if the main menu is not coming otherwise. In HTA now: Always start a new game (and let this intro roll again). Then load the game you want. In RoC: Direct loading from the main menu should work.
3. If you want to change resolution or something or make changes in the config always be aware there could be trouble to start the game after that again. I made a second install for testing, the first install I just don't touch anymore.
4. Once the game runs, it runs fine, no crashes anymore, except of one: Travelling into another area is problematic. Do that: When you enter a new region immediately save, let's say Vahat956, then immediately make a second save, Vahat956b for example, then immediately load Vahat 956. Then to be on the safe side Vahat 957 (don't know exactly if that's necessary). Then you'll be fine next time you try to load a game from that region.

Ingame advice: In every town there's a barman, sometimes there is a second guy who gives you a side mission. Don' miss them, you get books and you''ll need them at the end.

Be aware I'm talking about the retail version of the game, there might be some steam version specific troubles as well...
If you got further questions: I'm happy to help.

Tabbing the running game should work if you do it with ALT + TAB.
I wonder what they write on the US steam site: xp only or do they pretend it works on newer systems just like that?

XP/Vista/7/8 according to steam us site.

Lots of steam technical support like so in the reviews:

(Unhandled exception and assertion failed) but i found a solution I rename the folder video to video.old (data/video), set compatibility to WINDOWS 2000 and after i lunch the game alt tab, Task manager -> Meridian113.exe-> Set afinity-> CPU 0.

Anyhow, first game is $7.99 and the stand alone expansion is .71 cents on sale.

RoC is nice, you could try that one, 71 cents is not a big risk. Comp mode never helped me by the way and the video folder does not seem to be the problem. Anyway, if you do what I wrote you should be fine. And don't forget point 4:no. Let me know when you reach Vahat.

Ill pick it up, but I have far too many games to play lol. Just getting around to the Dragon Age titles, and those came out FOREVER ago lol. Ill be sure to give this a try eventually tho.

Back