• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

.... Has stopped working?

ok fair enough. well thanks for all your help. im gutted that it wont play. but theres a mod for warband comeing soon based on POTC so that might be good. and if i do find a way il make sure to to let you know :)

quick question... is the problem to do with the mother board? if so... could i replace the mother board and will the problem be fixed?

I know nothing about laptops, but would suspect that your best bet would be to trade it in on another laptop with a real video card in it.

miklkit is correct ZombieFish, your best bet would be to try and trade the whole laptop in, although you would probably loose a bit of value by doing so. Laptops are completely different than desktop computers, the components of a laptop are not designed to be swapped out and upgraded or changed like desktops are. First though, you should definitely try the download link that c0d1f1ed posted above, an up to date version of Swiftshader might be just what you need.

i tried it but it didnt run very well... but ive got the game working on my old XP computer and it runs like a dream. it would have been great to play it on my laptop but atleast i can play

and thankyou to everyone for helping me :)

ok. i have installed everything correctly and i can run the game, it runs without lag and great picture quality. the problem is everytime i click new game on any story line it crashes and says.

"pirates of the caribbean: new horizons has stopped working"

im not sure if i have done something wrong while installing it. but if there is a detailed tutorial on how to install this game could someone please post the link? if not then.... damn

My problem is that i can not go to sea at all. I can play everthing qt the start of the gamebut when i set ail the game crashes... please help someone... ive been attempting to get this working for a actual 2 years :(

Lessee here..... You have a laptop with Intel graphics.
You have read the FAQ and have POTC installed outside of program files.
You have installed swiftshader.
You have read and installed what Amplificar made in his first thread.
Have you read and tried anything in this thread?
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/heap-corruption-random-crashes.19362/
thank you for responding quickly..
done that..no help :(... all characters can be played up to when get on your ship to leave.. i click go to sea.. it brings up the sea loading screen.. i hear the sound of water and game crashes. new horrizons as stoped working. This is really weird to have happen eh.

please try to figure this one out.. shes a tough one.

Thanks

One other idea. Go into your POTC folder and delete the "options" file. You will have to reset all of the options but it might work.

Back