• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Having a weird "friendly/hostile bug"

Black;lance

Landlubber
Not sure if this is a bug, or if I did something horribly wrong I'm not aware of but, here's the situation. I'm Hero or Good Matey to everyone but Spanish and Pirates. All of sudden, if I join say a Dutch fleet in battle against Pirates, half the Dutch will be "Red" hostile to me and half will be "Green" friendly. Even though I'm "HERO" with the Dutch. Or if If I sail into say, a French fleet not in combat, or Dutch not in combat, half the ships will be Green, and half will be "white" greyed out. It's very peculiar and I have no idea why it's doing this all of a sudden.

Anyone have any ideas how I fix this? I officially sail for England, but I'll help out anyone fighting Pirates, it's a good way to get Prize ships, but now all of a sudden it's like they don't want my help anymore. Lol

Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance!

I remember that happening to me also. If you take the red Dutch ships, the others may turn red as well. I guarantee they will go red if you manually fire from first person on deck view. I think what is going on is that you or one of your NPC ships accidentally hit the Dutch ships that went red.

All it takes is for one cannon ball to accidentally hit them (even from an NPC ship) and the individual ship(s) will go hostile. We still have a similar behavior in COAS, but not nearly as bad as in the old AOP-CT. If I remember, supermod fixed that. Are you playing with the supermod?

MK

I remember that happening to me also. If you take the red Dutch ships, the others may turn red as well. I guarantee they will go red if you manually fire from first person on deck view. I think what is going on is that you or one of your NPC ships accidentally hit the Dutch ships that went red.

All it takes is for one cannon ball to accidentally hit them (even from an NPC ship) and the individual ship(s) will go hostile. We still have a similar behavior in COAS, but not nearly as bad as in the old AOP-CT. If I remember, supermod fixed that. Are you playing with the supermod?

MK
No not playing with the Super Mod. Just playing with 1.5. First time through a game, I usually go Vanilla. Not modded. And I'm currently sailing alone. No one else in my fleet. Half the the ships that should be friendly are just suddenly starting "Red" as soon as the sea battle loads. And the one that is green..... also appears to be firing at me lol.

No not playing with the Super Mod. Just playing with 1.5. First time through a game, I usually go Vanilla. Not modded. And I'm currently sailing alone. No one else in my fleet. Half the the ships that should be friendly are just suddenly starting "Red" as soon as the sea battle loads. And the one that is green..... also appears to be firing at me lol.

You'll find that Akella's games are approaching unplayable Vanilla. In fact, CoAS is unplayable without player made patches. Certainly sounds like a bug to me. I suggest you bite the bullet and go modded. Bugs in CT nearly put me off of the series.

Back