• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Having issues with v3.4

mjrobisch

Landlubber
EDIT: Nevermind, there was no issue. I must've made a mistake in the installation. I have no idea how I made that mistake but I did, somehow. I also don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this, especially with the whole 41 and 51 lines thing. Maybe in the corrupted file, there was 10 lines missing or something? Who knows.

Well, whatever. Like I said there's no problem. No bug or anything, game works fine.
Good mod and looking forward to Hearts of Oak.

--------------------------------

Hi. I've been playing this mod for a few years now, since Build 12. Well, anyways, I recently installed version 3.4 for Build 14 but immediately ran into problems. Before the game starts, I get a runtime error saying that engine.exe had an "abnormal program termination."

I pulled up the error log and it says:

COMPILE ERROR - file: LandEncounters\LEnc_login.c; line: 41
missed ')'

I went and looked at line 41 in LEnc_login.c but it looks way to complicated for me to try and fix. So, I then just grabbed the old file from 3.1 (that was the last version I was using up to this time) and put it in for the new file. When I started the game, I got the same error log, but it was line 51, not 41. I looked at 51 in the old file and it turns out that it is identical to line 41 in the new file. It's just in a different place.

Not sure if that detail is significant but I thought I would point that out since the same line worked for 3.1 just fine.

I always reinstall the game before I install updates and I've tried some other things like compatibility settings. But, I'm really stumped.

Last edited:
Back