• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hearts of Oak Promotional Website

My initial thought would just be a column with pictures and next to it a column of the written texts.
That would be dreadfully simple and maybe even bland. But then.... it'd be simple. :wp

How many people do we want to do a bio, all to the coordinator level as a minimum? At the least start with those and then anyone that wants to submit would be welcome to, is what I was thinking.
Sounds about right to me! :cheers

Just viewed a couple of pages on the HoO website, but I'm afraid the bold texts are all quite hard to read.
It does look period-appropriate though and the overall look is quite nice. :onya

I know it's not the most important thing on our to-do list right now, but could someone please fix the bold font on the HoO site? (Or show me which settings to change myself?)
It doesn't look too bad in general, but when I'm trying to upload images, there's a lot of very small text that's totally obscured by the bold font. :facepalm

Can you screenshot what font you want changed? There are nearly a hundred different styles that it could be.

It's the font that makes up the body of most pages. I've highlighted it in red below:
HoOSiteFont1.jpg
And below is an example of even less legible text:
HoOSiteFont2.jpg

I updated it to the Unity logo, thanks for pointing that out. I also removed the Wwise logo since we won't be using that either.

I did change the text font to Garamond from Bellona and it still looks a bit 'fuzzy' for some reason. I am digging through the CSS to see if there isn't a font-weight being set somewhere that isn't getting cleared.

I did change the text font to Garamond from Bellona and it still looks a bit 'fuzzy' for some reason. I am digging through the CSS to see if there isn't a font-weight being set somewhere that isn't getting cleared.
The font looks no different to me, but I'm assuming you haven't made the change public yet?

It is already public. The fonts look VERY similar to each other. We may just need to use some simpler fonts for some of the readable areas instead of the 'stylish' fonts.

I see. A more readable font is probably best then, if the bold effect can't be removed (which sounds very odd).

I found and uploaded a different OTF for the Garamond font file and now it looks much better. I think the other file was a bold version only (though not named as such). I forgot to copy it locally to check so we may never know...

The font looks better!
Something else is going wrong though:

WrongSite.jpg

That is on my work computer.

Looks normal from my own computer as well. Must be related to my work one somehow. :shrug

Hey all, I am going to be deprecating the current server that the HoO site is on and will be putting it on a new machine. There are a couple things to take note of for the transition. First, the server it is currently on uses a CMS called DNN, the new server is Wordpress. This means that the content will have to be re-created on the new machine such as the FAQ, videos page, etc. Second, due to the CMS change the skin has to be remade. I can get the skin close to the old one, but will take some time to get exactly the same.

For the good news, this server is faster and much more stable. It also has Wordpress as the back end so it has the ability to be modified almost every which way you can think of with more control over the design and layout. Please get with me to assign a new website administrator that can help get the content transferred over.

The current test URL is Hearts of Oak Game

As of now I have the basic skin and have gotten the header working as it did before. I am adding a new footer widget area so that it can also be customized.

Keith had Wordpress here for a while a few years ago, so I am a bit familiar with it. Unfortunately, I don't really have the free time to do much of anything at the moment, and that isn't likely to change for at least another month.

Back