• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Being a GOD!!!

Navegador

Sailor Apprentice
Hello everyone.

Okaayyyyy, guess where I'm at? The last leg of the jugle attack on Panama, andddd...as usual there's 5 of us and 50 of them, its soooooo obvious that its irritating :modding , so isn't there any super uber GOD thing one can shamelessly cheat with???

As usual I'm at level 41, yeah right, and have the best sword, katana, sure thing, best pistol, 4 barrels, uber, have the best armor, good on you, have the best of everything and its "useless", I go for the sword fighters and in my back comes a muskateer and one shot later I'm dead. :wp

I've reload the mission more then 30 times now, its still useless.

Any suggestions? As in down right shameless cheating, the game cheats for sure, I want to do it too. :yes

Many thanks

Changing the _mod_on_off file in ...\Age of Pirates 2\program\ you can turn on the
developer mode (read that file, you change a setting from "Off" to "On") allows you
to press [F11] in the game, where you can add skills, $, etc.

=>But you MUST exit the menu by pressing the X in the corner, NOT the [ok]
button -- or else you get teleported off to la la land. [also, after using [F11],
go to the main menu, Options, and click the setting to restore the keyboard
defaults]).

(copied)

In the mod_on_off file change the BETTATESTMODE_OFF to BETTATESTMODE_ON. Then during gameplay, by pressing F11 a menu with cheats will open. Cheat and then close the menu by clicking the x button. If you click OK you will be teleported to CoAS. It is very simple.

1. go to AoP 2 install folder and open up engine.ini
2. in the file engine.ini search for Debugwindow = 0 and set it to Debugwindow = 1
3. save and close the file engine.ini
4. go to AoP2 Program folder and open up _mod_on_off.h
5. in the file _mod_on_off.h search for:

#define MOD_BETTATESTMODE "Off" // On -DEV version; Test - TST ver; Off - relize

6. set in this line "Off" to "On" to force AoP2 to start in Dev version
7. save and close the file
8. start a new game!!!

Ignore what I wrote before. Here it is.

To cheat press F11 during gameplay.

Akella Fan thank you the help, in my mind and from my experience there's only cheating in this last part of the quest!

I would like also to leave a word for the moders out there, I'm playing GOF 1.1 and something as happened to this last part of the attack on Panama, the spanish have to many muskateers and its impossible to finish the attack.

The Morgan group that comes from the right/PortoBelo is finished in less then 1 minute and my group or whats left of it is dispatched mush the same way. The feeling is one of only frustation, there's no tactics or stratagy or anything, I've restarted the juggle attack many times trying to preserve as much of my forces as possible but the outcome is always the same...frustation!

Well after many reloads today, more then 15 for sure, I was capable of finishing the attack, but...it was strange, so I'll share because I still can't make sence of it.

I reloaded many times and in one of those, as I fight, one, two, etc spanish soldiers, its suddenly over, and its strange.
In this reload there seem to be less spanish soldiers, and somehow there's more pirates, it feels like its completly random, still its unrational or unexplainable.
I didn't do any specific action this one time to justify success, I remember trying different tactics, fighting shooters/muskateers or fighting sword fighters, but this one time nothing out of the ordenary was dune by me, so it feels completly random.

skodarap for me this part of the game is completly a game killer, there are some hard parts in the game, in COAS or national quests, but this one is fully impossible.

Anyway its over now...

hola navegador
I made the same experience with panama believe me. it was so hell difficult. but in the end, when you get it, it's really a satisfaction, isn't it? :dance I didn't make the experience that it was random actually, exactly the opposite: It makes a difference if you take just A man-of-war for this attack or if you take THE BIGGEST man-of-war you were able to take. 100 men more are 100 men more. In the panama melee fights its really important what you exactly do, I loved these fights (though I died many deaths). I found out it was wise to ignore the normal enemies and fight the musketoon soldiers, try to kill as many of them yourself and try to protect your pirate mates against them. It's a dangerous job, no, it's a suicide mission, but if you do it well, you will be rewarded: more pirates survived and are ready for the next melee. I "cheated" like this: count how many pirates survived (how many of them are standing around in the jungle), save, try to do the same fight again, but better. It's important if there are "12" pirates left after a melee or only "10". count again, try different attack strategies, count, take the best fight you were able to perform, the best save game, and go to the next melee. whatever. let's celebrate :drunk

hola navegador
I made the same experience with panama believe me. it was so hell difficult. but in the end, when you get it, it's really a satisfaction, isn't it? :dance I didn't make the experience that it was random actually, exactly the opposite: It makes a difference if you take just A man-of-war for this attack or if you take THE BIGGEST man-of-war you were able to take. 100 men more are 100 men more. In the panama melee fights its really important what you exactly do, I loved these fights (though I died many deaths). I found out it was wise to ignore the normal enemies and fight the musketoon soldiers, try to kill as many of them yourself and try to protect your pirate mates against them. It's a dangerous job, no, it's a suicide mission, but if you do it well, you will be rewarded: more pirates survived and are ready for the next melee. I "cheated" like this: count how many pirates survived (how many of them are standing around in the jungle), save, try to do the same fight again, but better. It's important if there are "12" pirates left after a melee or only "10". count again, try different attack strategies, count, take the best fight you were able to perform, the best save game, and go to the next melee. whatever. let's celebrate :drunk

Hola Sanschi

Usually that's what I did, go for the musketoon soldiers first, they're "one shot" was really a killer, but sometimes I got them all and my melee pirates would get killed all the same, that's why I feel its very much randon. In the end in the last fight, there's the feeling that something is different, feels easier, not as much soldiers, or musket soldiers or something and you just finish the fight and that's it, its unexplainnable really.

As for the player's ship that's another one that gets me, I had a crew of 700, did a good attack on PortoBelo with good to excelent coordination with my intire squadron, so saved a lote of crew, but when I land my party at the shores I have a crew of 18??? men left??? Its crazy really, in previous games I know most of the crew vanishes but this time with GOF there's a great deal of crew that vanishes.

But your right, its over for now, so here's to celebration :cheers :onya and on to the next fight :dance

Saludos

Navegador

So you fought down panama with 600 to 700 men? I think that was a good performace bro :onya I had about 1000 men and I thought it would have been better if I had taken a 1200 men man-o-war :yes Anyone out there who did panama with even a smaller crew?

The Panama attack was more or less the same in vanilla as well... very very difficult battle.
My brother reloaded for like 7 times just to finish last part of quest. He was Lvl 25, had Morgan's Rapier, Beretta Pistol and Exclusive Spyglass. Hes PIRATES skills are 10, 3, 10, 3, 3, 10, 3.
Maybe thats why he had more HP, Energy and could kill all soldiers easily?
Oh ya, is it possible that if u protect sawkins, he might survive the whole jungle fight and will Morgan scold u or something?

Hola Sanschi

Usually that's what I did, go for the musketoon soldiers first, they're "one shot" was really a killer, but sometimes I got them all and my melee pirates would get killed all the same, that's why I feel its very much randon. In the end in the last fight, there's the feeling that something is different, feels easier, not as much soldiers, or musket soldiers or something and you just finish the fight and that's it, its unexplainnable really.

As for the player's ship that's another one that gets me, I had a crew of 700, did a good attack on PortoBelo with good to excelent coordination with my intire squadron, so saved a lote of crew, but when I land my party at the shores I have a crew of 18??? men left??? Its crazy really, in previous games I know most of the crew vanishes but this time with GOF there's a great deal of crew that vanishes.

But your right, its over for now, so here's to celebration :cheers :onya and on to the next fight :dance

Saludos

Navegador
They left because they joined u when u docked at the shore(thts wht my brother thinks) but many ppl think tht its a bug.

So you fought down panama with 600 to 700 men? I think that was a good performace bro :onya I had about 1000 men and I thought it would have been better if I had taken a 1200 men man-o-war :yes Anyone out there who did panama with even a smaller crew?
Yes, my brother used the Dog Of War with a full crew of 412 sailors(it was 435 but fort attacked him greatly)to attack panama.

Well after many reloads today, more then 15 for sure, I was capable of finishing the attack, but...it was strange, so I'll share because I still can't make sence of it.

I reloaded many times and in one of those, as I fight, one, two, etc spanish soldiers, its suddenly over, and its strange.
In this reload there seem to be less spanish soldiers, and somehow there's more pirates, it feels like its completly random, still its unrational or unexplainable.
I didn't do any specific action this one time to justify success, I remember trying different tactics, fighting shooters/muskateers or fighting sword fighters, but this one time nothing out of the ordenary was dune by me, so it feels completly random.

skodarap for me this part of the game is completly a game killer, there are some hard parts in the game, in COAS or national quests, but this one is fully impossible.

Anyway its over now...
I know of a way to defeat the jungle without cheats. So, here it goes, 1st part of jungle just shoot a musketeer, then you kill all musketeers then finish off whats left. 2nd part is where indians come help spanishsoldiers. Same thing go eliminate all musketeers then indians then soldiers cuz your crew are having a bad time, do it fast. 3rd part is where you eliminate all so, diers first to keep your crew alive and make sure they dont stand in range of the musketeers or you will lose your sailors. 4th part is where you kill the musketeers that is closest to u then u follow henry, jackman and mansfield and kill everyone

Yes, my brother used the Dog Of War with a full crew of 412 sailors(it was 435 but fort attacked him greatly)to attack panama.
The Dog of War is a very very good ship. I once used it to attack Basse-Terre and the fort was down in about 10 minutes. The Dog Of War is a pretty good ship and I am planning if I should use it as my flagship or not.

hola navegador
I think thats what my brother did too. He was telling me not to disturb him as he was counting 1 by 1 h ow many sailors survived. For example, if its less than <number>, he will restart the whole thing and try to plan to get more sailors with him. However, its always at the 3rd part where his sailors keep dying. Well, I once saw him bringing Sawkins to the 3rd part of fight but sawkins died cuz the musketeers shot him. NOTE: Sawkins' level is only single digit. After he dies, its best to loot his stuff.

1) You are replying to a 4 year old post. You are talking to yourself.

2) You are talking to yourself again.

This is a worrisome trend. Do you talk to yourself often?
That is a 4 year old post but I didnt talk to myself lol. I replied to a post. That doesnt mean talking to myself.

Back