• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help Boatswain Fred Bob quest mod update

CatalinaThePirate

Unholy Terror,
Storm Modder
Ahoy, mateys!

Here's a small update to the FB "Help the boatswain" quest.

I have found out that the office next to the palace on IM does NOT have any character locators, so until I find out how to place them, I'm going to have to move the recipient of the letter to another place. SO I thought the IM church would do - plenty of locators there, and you can actually SIT people in there - tho not a woman (yet!).

So... I cobbled up a first look at the IM gov's wife. I'm calling her Estrella.

estrella.jpg

I'm not so sure I like her. The dress came out nice, but I don't know whether I like her face and hair. It's the hair that bothers me more than anything, I guess...

She's got funny mannerisms, too. She acts like a street vendor. I have to puzzle that out and see if I can find a solution to that.

Anyhoo, there she is, Estrella de Alencar, wife of Christofor, governor of Isla Muelle. Does she look like she'd be annoyed at being the wife of that guy? Does she look like she'd want to carry on with a handsome pirate? Heh... :cheers

Give 'er a little Bride o' Frankenstein 'doo an' she'll be set! :cheers

Edit: Mo' seriously now... she be lookin' very fine thar, Cat! :p:

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->She's got funny mannerisms, too.  She acts like a street vendor.  I have to puzzle that out and see if I can find a solution to that.
[/quote]

Maybe she comes from humble origins, like having BEEN a street... vendor. That'd make her pretty vulnerable to the attentions of a wealthy and connected little prick (sorry, I LIKE playing Spanish, but I don't care much for the guv). And maybe since he ha... :cheers: er, maybe since he isn't the best of companions she feels her needs for romance and passion aren't being met...

The hair, I wouldn't worry about the hair. I think it fits the lady of means of that time period. Only the Liza model comes close as an alternative...

Fred Bob cain't wait tew sail tew FD an' hep Bo'sun Fred Bob out o' a bind! :cheers

Does she be a fallin' in love wid Fred Bob??? :p:

@ Fred Bob :d:

<!--`QuoteBegin-Sailor_Al`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sailor_Al)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Maybe she comes from humble origins, like having BEEN a street... vendor.[/quote]

Hmm, good thought.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Sailor_Al`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sailor_Al)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->That'd make her pretty vulnerable to the attentions of a wealthy and connected little prick (sorry, I LIKE playing Spanish, but I don't care much for the guv).  [/quote]

:cheers NEITHER DO I! :p: He's a real snot! (and he wears lavender pouffypants, LOL!) :p:

<!--`QuoteBegin-Sailor_Al`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sailor_Al)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And maybe since he ha...  :p::  er, maybe since he isn't the best of companions she feels her needs for romance and passion aren't being met...[/quote]

Yup, that be the idea. :)

<!--`QuoteBegin-Sailor_Al`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sailor_Al)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The hair, I wouldn't worry about the hair.  I think it fits the lady of means of that time period.  Only the Liza model comes close as an alternative...[/quote]

I know. I need the "noblewoman" look. That hair is period, I know... Just bothers me. Ewwwww! (haha!) Maybe if I put some kind of hairpiece in there, or some pearl hairnet or something ala Queen Elizabeth I...

Thanks for the thoughts! :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-Fred_Bob`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fred_Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Does she be a fallin' in love wid Fred Bob???  :cheers[/quote]
Aw Fred Bob! No, I can't do that unless you meet her in public (and this is supposed to be a SECRET letter) - I don't know how to get you to follow Nathaniel into the church or the office. :p:

(don't worry matey, I lubs ya!) :p:

I thought what would happen is that Nathaniel has a choice to make, become her mailman for the $ she gives him, or not. She DOES need to find out if her lover is the one who was killed, or the deliveryman. So if Nathaniel decides to help her, he finds and delivers her letter to her lover, and then some kind of trouble takes place... ??? I dunno. Maybe he comes back to IM and the gov catches him delivering another letter?

I'm not sure where this will take me, I've usually worked on character development and then let the characters take me through the story. So the next step is the pirate, I guess...

Still haven't written out any of this dialog yet - do you want to tackle translating the dialog I've already written, or do you want to wait until the whole story is finished?

She does Look great Catalina,and I know what ya mean about the hair,it is the style for the period,I know its just my prerferance for women with long hair,me be spoiled :cheers

Very nice! Very nice indeed. :p:

May I recommend the other towngirl with the puffy hair? IIRC hers is, um, more manageable. IIRC the skins are pretty close.

Though it may well be too late now. :cheers

Re: follow. If you check the Lucas quest, there's a command to set an actor (in this case him) to follow you wherever you go.
Ah, found.
Code:
LAi_ActorFollowEverywhere(CharacterFromID("Lucas Da Saldanha"), "", 0.0);
Replace with your NPC's ID.

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->May I recommend the other towngirl with the puffy hair? IIRC hers is, um, more manageable. IIRC the skins are pretty close.[/quote]

I'll take a peek. This one is a combo of two, towngirl6 and towngirl4, I think. I wanted her to have the nice gown, big buzzooms (HA!), and wasp waist more than anything.

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Though it may well be too late now. :p:[/quote]

Naw, I can change her easily enough. Not really a problem. It's not like I spent hours on her, just a few quick steps. Saved a lot of layered images too, so it's easy to go back and pick and choose styles and colors &tc. I try to "work smart" whenever I can. :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Re: follow. [/quote]

Oh this is cool, and changes some things!!! Hmmmm... THANKS!!! :mrgreen:

And thanks to all who have expressed that you like Estrella... I'm going to work on her a little more later, I've got a project that needs priority attention right now. :p:

I'm not sure it will be finished in time, there's still a lot of work to be done on it. But don't worry, I'll make it so it's able to be added in. :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I wanted her to have the nice gown, big buzzooms (HA!), and wasp waist more than anything.[/quote]
Yeah! Now we're talking! So, can Nathaniel...ahem...hook up with this lass, if some unfortunateevent were to befall her love? :?

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->May I recommend the other towngirl with the puffy hair? IIRC hers is, um, more manageable. IIRC the skins are pretty close.[/quote]

I think he's thinkin of Towngirl 7...

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'll take a peek.  This one is a combo of two, towngirl6 and towngirl4, I think.  I wanted her to have the nice gown, big buzzooms (HA!), and wasp waist more than anything.[/quote]

Nothin' wrong with big b.. :?: , there's nothing wrong with your vision of this character... Towngirl 7 is... striking in that regard, and though she has a common dress, a new skin may do wonders for her!

<!--`QuoteBegin-Sailor_Al`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sailor_Al)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Nothin' wrong with big b.. , there's nothing wrong with your vision of this character... Towngirl 7 is... striking in that regard, and though she has a common dress, a new skin may do wonders for her![/quote]

Hee hee... Actually it's #4 and #7, not #6. And that's exactly what I did!!!!!!!!! So there ya have it... A `hot-blooded` woman married to a pretentious little snot of a governor (boy we are not being kind to this man, are we?) (HECK NO!) (LOL!). No wonder she wants to have some adventures with a handsome pirate! (or boatswain?) HEH!

GP, Nathaniel probably wouldn't dare risk getting caught by the gov and his guards if something like that were to happen... HOWEVER... HEH... It's not beyond the realm of possibility...

I know now how to fix her mannerisms. Seems I copied her character file from someone who was a street vendor, and I didn't change the line to reflect differently. (DOH!!!) I suppose if she'd been a bar tart, she'd make motions like she was wiping up a table and serving you drinks! LOL!

LOL, I didn't even see that the word t.a.r.t is censored!

And I KNEW some of you lads would like that one, haha!

Say. Any of you have some Spanish female soundbytes (if there are any) from SD? I need a "greeting" for Estrella, something that sounds polite but cool. I can give her an English or French or Dutch female greeting from POTC but there aren't any Spanish or Portuguese, go figure!

Thanks! :?

Glad ye like dem, Cat! :b: Thar be some mo' Spanish female sound bytes... so's Fred Bob done zipped up all de character sound bytes here! :b:

Back