• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help Boatswain Fred Bob quest mod update

Oh, another small update, I made a small change to the dialog of the average citizen of FdF - I have FB saying, "I'm a good boatswain, just ask anyone", so I thought it would be good to have Nathaniel be able to ask a citizen about FB - like he asks about the governor, or the tavernkeeper, or the merchant... So I added that. I'm going to try to fix it so that they say different things, so if you ask several, you can get a variety of opinions.

That Fred Bob, quite a boatswain, and pretty good with a sword, too.

Fred Bob? I don't believe he's guilty. He's a good man.

You mean that guy who's in the stockade? I don't know much about him, I just got here myself.

Can't understand him, but he makes a mean jambalaya, ooowheee!

:b: :b: :p: 8)

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Fred Bob?  I don't believe he's guilty.  He's a good man.[/quote]

:mrgreen:

Ha, Fred Bob, a good man. HA But he can grill a mean shrimp. :b::

You mean that shrimpin fool who's in the stockade?  I don't know much about him, I just got here myself.

Can't understand him, but he makes a mean jambalaya, ooowheee!

:b:   :b:   :p:   8)

:d:

Aye Catalina,at be a Ben Gunn creation,elluva nice fellar fer doin it,he only charged me two kegs o yer rum :b:

Vassal, if you have something to say in a different language than English, please post in the "Screaming Squid" section, or please translate it into English if you post it here... Thanks! xD:

Ahoy, Cat! When might Fred Bob give ye a hand wid playtestin' de Hep Bos'n Fred Bob quest? :(

Ahoy Fred Bob! :cheeky

I am as anxious as you to get this quest ready to go but right now since they put me to work at the PMT I haven't had much time to work on it. (sorry!) It's not even in a form I can package up and send to you to playtest for as far as it goes. :yes:

What you can do, if you wish, is help with the dialog. I can send over some files for you to edit - they're not complete yet because (of course) the quest is not finished yet - but I can honestly say that they are as near to being done as I can get them at the moment. :(

If you could do the dialog edits it would help immensely! FB definitely needs that special "Fred Bob" flair in his speech. Shall I email the file to you? :cheers

Back