• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] colony management

Thanks for the help Jan Marten, much appreciated mate! :dance

I figured at least parts of it would still be in there somewhere. I just wish I understood coding better so I could help out more. :modding

The problem we would not have if we had the open source code. I have all the software we need. I have the full version of Visual Studio 2008. Encoding and decoding is also no problem.
My son is doing an IT training and learns just that I've learned a lot from him.
Unfortunately, after a request Pieter has referred me to Eddy. Although I am in contact but from the Russian side is doing nothing.
I would have the list of paths .... where does what ... very much help.
The frustration runs deep. I ask anyone.

I've come to the German fashion very much ... and I will make neat.

I've also tested the multiplayer extensive. He goes up to 4 players ... however, one must pay attention to many ...... Thagarr

All scripts from AOP1 contained in COAS. Colony for the management, there is already a finished version.

Here's the
script. => \program\colonies\colonies.c

But there must be some parameters in some files to be processed.
======================================================================

extern void InitColonies();

void ColoniesInit()
{
if(LoadSegment("Colonies\Colonies_init.c"))
{
InitColonies();
UnloadSegment("Colonies\Colonies_init.c");
}
}

int FindColony(string sColony)
{
for (int i=0; i<MAX_COLONIES; i++)
{
if(Colonies.id == sColony)
{
return i;
}
}

return -1;
}

ref GetColonyByIndex(int iColony);
{
return &Colonies[iColony];
}

int FindColonyWithCurrentNationExceptColony(int iNation, int iColony)
{
int iArray[MAX_COLONIES];
int m = -1;

for(int i = 0; i < MAX_COLONIES; i++)
{
if(Colonies.nation != "none" && sti(colonies.nation) == iNation && colonies.id != colonies[iColony].id)
{
m++;
iArray[m]=i;
}
}
if(m!=-1)
{
m = rand(m);
i = iArray[m];
return i;
}
return -1;
}

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
// JM -> Finden Sie eine Kolonie zu einer Nation
int FindColonyWithCurrentNation(int iNation)
{
int iArray[MAX_COLONIES];
int m = -1;

for(int i = 0; i < MAX_COLONIES; i++)
{
if(Colonies.nation != "none" && sti(colonies.nation) == iNation)
{
m++;
iArray[m]=i;
}
}
if(m!=-1)
{
m = rand(m);
i = iArray[m];
return i;
}
return -1;
}

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
// JM -> find die Kolonie zu Nation
string GetColonyNameByIndex(int iColony)
{
return colonies[iColony].id;
}

Sorry for not being active lately, I had a calculus exam.

Well, I already took a look at that code, those are the methods for setting up the colonies and just utility methods. We need the code that controls the world state over time, population, prices, demand, events or something like that.

Any leads? Sorry I do not have so much time as to read and investigate the whole game's code, so if any of you, experienced modders have any lead... it would help ^^.

Here you go guy's, now hopefully you can find something of interest in them and get some of the features into COAS.

AOP 1 Modules Complete

AOP 1 Resources

What program do you use to read the DLL files?

A. Dll is like a finished file (dynamic library), which you can start, but not so easy to change (with the debugger and disassembler can. Dlls).
To read it really can, you will need the source code. You have to decompile the file. I do not have the source code. Do you have Him.
The file is you can decompile a text program like Word or Notepad to read everything.

. dll libraries are dynamic, can be opened in a hex editor. You can also try it with a disassembler. However, you will not see much change, and certainly not too!

resource hacker: Resource-Hacker creates, unfortunately, not every dll, but much of it goes. just try it!
However, one can from certain. dlls to get resources such as images. These can be used 7-zip.

I have found in the Engine.exe which was compiled with a Borland compiler the game.

AoP1 Modules Complete & Resources

I do not need. I've found that I have a newer version. Furthermore, all scripts and dlls
there in AoP2 CoAs, which I know well. I also have the Russian side contacts the one or the other to tell time.

DLLs are machine code files. Only very experienced assembler programmers with a real love for hacking and hexing have a chance to change them, other than very little tweaks (which calls for a programmer with some knowledge on assembler and a lot of patience, anyway).

Basically, if you have the skills you know which tools to use; if you don't know the tools you have not the skills ;).

Cheers.
buho (A).

DLLs are machine code files. Only very experienced assembler programmers with a real love for hacking and hexing have a chance to change them, other than very little tweaks (which calls for a programmer with some knowledge on assembler and a lot of patience, anyway).

Basically, if you have the skills you know which tools to use; if you don't know the tools you have not the skills ;).

Cheers.
buho (A).

I have never tried to open a DLL file before so was just curious.

I've been monitoring this. I think it's outside of my current ability, but as I get used to programming for CoAS again, I'll keep this idea in mind for sure.

Back