• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Help find location

Myth

Freebooter
Another issue for today. I am looking for a location. The game is not all the games in the series, so ask. Need coastline and at least one house possible. The most suitable location that I know of: lighthouse (Potc), the second part of the port of the French settlement (Potc). I want to upgrade the ports of pirate settlements for a pair of pirate cities.

I can't think of (m)any locations that have a beach, a house and nothing else.
Regular beaches have no houses. And locations with a shore and a house are generally full ports.

But you can convert ANY beach location to a beach with a house on it using this: ;)
Location Remodeling with Inez' TOOL
By: CouchcaptainCharles
By means of Inez Dias' fabulous tool for converting GM models, you -yes, YOU- can easily change models by removing and/or adding model components. That way you -yes, YOU- can create land locations and islands that look completely different from the stock ones.

Looked resources NH. If you open the line to the sea in the code, it may well come

"MODELS\Locations\Town_Oranjestad\port"

But we need to do is re-lighting. Are there any other options? Similar locations?

You have done this location, or transferred from other games in the series?

Oranjestad is from Voyage Century Online, I think.

@Jack Rackham is our local expert on location models.

I remember and now I know who to contact in the following two issues.

I think you will not scold me. So:
1) There is a model location. The location of the other games of the same series. But there is no access to the code of the game. This greatly complicates the transfer of location?
2) I remember that in the original POTC in temple of the Incas (labyrinth) were balloons teleportatory. If you stand in them, they teleported hero and changed color. Can I return the balls in COAS?

You can take any shore location.
1 Find a spot for the building just outside the normal walk area. So you'll not walk right through it.
2 Get it's coordinates with the console.

Then it's time to add a house.
3 Take the farm from POTC Buildingset for ex. Copy that model to the folder of the shore.
4 Add a line like Locations[n].models.always.l2 = "house"; to the locationfile under the shore.
5 Change the posistion of the farm model with the TOOL to the coordinates you found earlier.
6 You also have to make COL-files for the "farm". To be placed in the same folder.

If you want to get inside that house there's more work to do.
7 Add a reload locator near the door with the TOOL to the locatorfile.
8 Add an inside location to the locationfile.
9 Make the shore's reload lead to the inside reload and vice versa in the location file.

1) There is a model location. The location of the other games of the same series. But there is no access to the code of the game. This greatly complicates the transfer of location?
Does make it harder. But not impossible.
Location code is usually quite straightforward.

I remember that in the original POTC in temple of the Incas (labyrinth) were balloons teleportatory. If you stand in them, they teleported hero and changed color. Can I return the balls in COAS?
There is probably a way; but I'm not sure how.
You'd have to investigate how they work in PotC.

You can take any shore location.
1 Find a spot for the building just outside the normal walk area. So you'll not walk right through it.
2 Get it's coordinates with the console.

Then it's time to add a house.
3 Take the farm from POTC Buildingset for ex. Copy that model to the folder of the shore.
4 Add a line like Locations[n].models.always.l2 = "house"; to the locationfile under the shore.
5 Change the posistion of the farm model with the TOOL to the coordinates you found earlier.
6 You also have to make COL-files for the "farm". To be placed in the same folder.

If you want to get inside that house there's more work to do.
7 Add a reload locator near the door with the TOOL to the locatorfile.
8 Add an inside location to the locationfile.
9 Make the shore's reload lead to the inside reload and vice versa in the location file.

I find it easier to alter the lighting locations than edit the existing bays.

Back