• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[Help] Game Crash on Startup

2209822098j

Landlubber
Ok, so here goes nothin mates, When I start the game, the spinning skull apears in the bottom right corner, LIKE NORMAL, then, I hear maybe 2 seconds of sounds, then CRASH! My screen goes black.. I would really like to play this game, Have been drooling over it for 2 years now but I havent been able to buy anything over the internet.. And when I got my chance, I bought it, and then this, its a big put down but I know someone will help me! :shrug :modding :modding :modding :modding :modding

Computer Specs:
Model: Presario F500
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor TK-53 1.70 GHz
Memory (RAM): 1.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have Windows Vista Home Premium Service pack 2

I also have a nvidia GeForce Go 6100,
ForceWare version: 177.13
Total available graphics: 287 MB
Dedicated video memory: 64MB

Ahoy mate, welcome aboard! :dance

From your system specs, I would bet that your running out of video memory, your Nvidia chipset shares system memory, that's not good for gaming. Check your BIOS and see if there is an option to increase your video memory, just keep in mind that any memory you add to video will be subtracted from your system memory. Make sure you close all background programs to free up system memory, including antivirus programs, they are resource hogs!

Ok I tried messing around in the nvidea control panel but it's very simple, there isn't any "BIOS" in it, where would it be?

Ahoy mate, welcome aboard! :dance

From your system specs, I would bet that your running out of video memory, your Nvidia chipset shares system memory, that's not good for gaming. Check your BIOS and see if there is an option to increase your video memory, just keep in mind that any memory you add to video will be subtracted from your system memory. Make sure you close all background programs to free up system memory, including antivirus programs, they are resource hogs!
Would uninstalling the virus stuff help? I only have like 7 gigs on my drive out of 64.7 gigs..

... BIOS, or for a more in depth explanation try HERE, if that is to much work for you to read those, try this youtube video!! :rolleyes:

As for antivirus software, if you are actually connected to the internet without antivirus software installed, your likely to have a whole lot more problems than I am able, or willing to help you with! :shrug

I have avg free, Ashampoo win optimiser so I'm pretty protected.. I did the bios thing, it was set at 64 mb and I put it at 128 mb, I'll put it lower if I did it wrong..

Crap I disabled it and now my computer screen is black, no boot up. I'll take it to my computer shop down the road, I'll try and change out the stick to..

As soon as my dad leaves for work, I'll try it on his computer, 3 gigs of memory so it's prety good, very good fOr this game

Desktop Specs:
Nvidea GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Total available graphics: 831 MB
Dedicated video memory: 128 MB
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 703 MB
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5300+ 2.60 GHz
Memory (RAM: 2.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1

... BIOS, or for a more in depth explanation try HERE, if that is to much work for you to read those, try this youtube video!! :rolleyes:

As for antivirus software, if you are actually connected to the internet without antivirus software installed, your likely to have a whole lot more problems than I am able, or willing to help you with! :shrug

It works!!! Thanks for your help!! I will be downloading GOF 1.0 1.1 in the near future! Thanks!!! I am a very happy man right now!

Now, I bought mine but my buddy who told ke about the game showed me how to get it for free, am I allowed to post a tutorial on that?

Back