• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help installing Build Mod

ctmage

Landlubber
HELP! How do I put the mod into the game?! As in, how do I insert it in and stuff, you know what I mean? :(

:gday

Well, first you go to the top of this forum and click on "downloads". Then click on "Pirates of the Caribbean", then "development mod packs". Then click on Beta 2.1 Full. A page will appear that gives some information and you download it from there.

It is a self extractor, so all you have to do is point it to your existing POTC folder. After it is installed you will want to go into your POTC folder and set your screen resolution in "engine.ini. That should be about enough to get you started. :cheers

HELP! How do I put the mod into the game?! As in, how do I insert it in and stuff, you know what I mean? :(

The mod has an automatic installer - download the mod - then run (open ) the file and follow the instructions on the installer ( don't install any additional options if it is the first time you are instaling the mod eg ENB or Swiftshader ) - it should ask where your original game is installed then it will install the mod files there.

By the way! I torrented the game itself, and whenever I click New Game - it says ENGINE has stopped working. And the only option is to close program. any ideas on how to fix it? :(

By the way! I torrented the game itself, and whenever I click New Game - it says ENGINE has stopped working. And the only option is to close program. any ideas on how to fix it? :(

Where have you installed the game - installing in the PROGRAM folder causes the game not to run - ( due to windows security issues ) - install in another folder eg Games

Where have you installed the game - installing in the PROGRAM folder causes the game not to run - ( due to windows security issues ) - install in another folder eg Games

How do I install it in another folder?

How do I install it in another folder?

Use cut and paste in windows explorer - to move the Pirates of the Caribbean folder (&all its sub-folders ) from the Program to another folder.

:drunk

Sorry, I am new to all this, and sorry if I am bugging you, but I have the files on 2 seperate discs as for the torrent, you needed to put it on seperate disks, so pretty much I cut and copy the program to the Games folder and it should work??? please explain in an easier way, im new to all this lol. Thank you so much man

Sorry, I am new to all this, and sorry if I am bugging you, but I have the files on 2 seperate discs as for the torrent, you needed to put it on seperate disks, so pretty much I cut and copy the program to the Games folder and it should work??? please explain in an easier way, im new to all this lol. Thank you so much man

:yes

All the files and folders should be as sub-folders of the Pirates of the Caribbesan folder.

The Pirates of the Caribbean folder should not be in the Program folder.

See attached image ( click on it )

My Pirates of the Caribbean folder is on Hard Drive I -in a folder called Games\ POTC \ Build14 Beta 02-1 then the Pirates of the Caribean folder & its sud-folders.

:yes

All the files and folders should be as sub-folders of the Pirates of the Caribbesan folder.

The Pirates of the Caribbean folder should not be in the Program folder.

See attached image ( click on it )

My Pirates of the Caribbean folder is on Hard Drive I -in a folder called Games\ POTC \ Build14 Beta 02-1 then the Pirates of the Caribean folder & its sud-folders.

Thanks man, ok, sorry about the trouble and i accidentally messages you that message i said before. Sorry. anyways, can I just highlight all the files of it and transfer it to games? Im not quiet sure how to do this. very sorry... a little confused.

BY THE WAY, My b14_beta2-1_full.exe is still downloading. So that isnt done yet. what should i do. sooo confused. mind breaking it down?sorry :)

Thanks man, ok, sorry about the trouble and i accidentally messages you that message i said before. Sorry. anyways, can I just highlight all the files of it and transfer it to games? Im not quiet sure how to do this. very sorry... a little confused.

No problem - Since you have the game on 2 different disks - do both disks have a Pirates of the Caribbean folder.

Just highlight that folder on one disk and copy it to where you want it to go on your hard disk ( that will move the folder - all its sub-folders and all their files ) - then highlight it on the other disk and copy that to the same place ( your computer may ask you if you want to overwrite any files of the same name - choose ask to confirm overwrite - so it does not automatically do it ).--- There should not be any files of the same name so there should be no overwriting this is just a precaution.

If you don't have 2 Pirates of the Caribbean folders - the image shows the main game sub-folders & where they go.

:cheers

No problem - Since you have the game on 2 different disks - do both disks have a Pirates of the Caribbean folder.

Just highlight that folder on one disk and copy it to where you want it to go on your hard disk ( that will move the folder - all its sub-folders and all their files ) - then highlight it on the other disk and copy that to the same place ( your computer may ask you if you want to overwrite any files of the same name - choose ask to confirm overwrite - so it does not automatically do it ).--- There should not be any files of the same name so there should be no overwriting this is just a precaution.

If you don't have 2 Pirates of the Caribbean folders - the image shows the main game sub-folders & where they go.

:cheers

Oh dear, Talisman, do you have Team Viewer? -_- I'm just so confused, if you have Team Viewer, you could possibly help me do it real quick? It would majorly help me? :l

Oh dear, Talisman, do you have Team Viewer? -_-

:no

No - Sorry

OK then, SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIT xD So, should I right click Pirates of the Caribbean from my desktop and click properties and view file location to show me all the files, highlight those and bring them where? Or do I go to disk one, copy those to a location, then go to disc 2 and copy those to same location?????? ughhh......

[OK then, SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIT xD So, should I right click Pirates of the Caribbean from my desktop and click properties and view file location to show me all the files, highlight those and bring them where? Or do I go to disk one, copy those to a location, then go to disc 2 and copy those to same location?????? ughhh......

To move the original game - click on the Pirates of the Caribbean folder - so that it is highlighted as in the image in previous post ( this selects the folder - all its sub-folders & all the files ) - then right click - in list there should be choice of Copy or cut ( copy to copy the folder - cut to move the folder.)

Select where you want the folder to go - right click - in list you should have the choice of Paste - this puts the folder & all its sub-folders & files there.

I go to disk one, copy those to a location, then go to disc 2 and copy those to same location

Yes then you do the same for disk 2 - so you have everything in the same place all in the Pirates of the Caribbean folder as per the image.

[OK then, SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIT xD So, should I right click Pirates of the Caribbean from my desktop and click properties and view file location to show me all the files, highlight those and bring them where? Or do I go to disk one, copy those to a location, then go to disc 2 and copy those to same location?????? ughhh......

To move the original game - click on the Pirates of the Caribbean folder - so that it is highlighted as in the image in previous post ( this selects the folder - all its sub-folders & all the files ) - then right click - in list there should be choice of Copy or cut ( copy to copy the folder - cut to move the folder.)

Select where you want the folder to go - right click - in list you should have the choice of Paste - this puts the folder & all its sub-folders & files there.

I go to disk one, copy those to a location, then go to disc 2 and copy those to same location

Yes then you do the same for disk 2 - so you have everything in the same place all in the Pirates of the Caribbean folder as per the image.
Do you recommend making my own folder to put all these files??? And if so, where should I put the new folder.

Do you recommend making my own folder to put all these files??? And if so, where should I put the new folder.
Also, I finsihed all the stuff for Runme.bait or whatever and I think it is in the files now. To get whatever I want for ships in stuff, will their be like a mod menu in the game or do I have to edit a file or something to make it where I play in the game, you know what I am talking about

Back