• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help installing Build Mod

Do you recommend making my own folder to put all these files??? And if so, where should I put the new folder.

:yes

Yes - anywhere you feel happy with - just not as a sub-folder in the PROGRAM folder :cheeky

:drunk

Ok, I am gonna try making new folder in Documents and putting all files from both disks in their. Anyways, Also, I finished all the stuff for Runme.bait (MOD THINGY) or whatever and I think it is in the files now. To get whatever I want for ships in stuff, will their be like a mod menu in the game or do I have to edit a file or something to make it where I play in the game, you know what I am talking about

Also, I finsihed all the stuff for Runme.bait or whatever and I think it is in the files now. To get whatever I want for ships in stuff, will their be like a mod menu in the game or do I have to edit a file or something to make it where I play in the game, you know what I am talking about

When you pick a story line to start you are given a ship - you can then go and buy a different ship in a shipyard - or capture it at sea ( after a fight ) .

If you wan to just give yourself a certain ship then you would have to do that through the code using the console - that is a bit technical - I suggest you start by playing the game a bit and see which ships you like.

- If you want a to play without a story ( quest ) then use the Master & Commander Quest - it has no story just the one quest book entry - then you are free to do whatever you want & it gives you a good ship to start with ( watch out for the fort when you first sail away - it can sometimes fire at you. )

:cheers

Also, I finsihed all the stuff for Runme.bait or whatever and I think it is in the files now. To get whatever I want for ships in stuff, will their be like a mod menu in the game or do I have to edit a file or something to make it where I play in the game, you know what I am talking about

When you pick a story line to start you are given a ship - you can then go and buy a different ship in a shipyard - or capture it at sea ( after a fight ) .

If you wan to just give yourself a certain ship then you would have to do that through the code using the console - that is a bit technical - I suggest you start by playing the game a bit and see which ships you like.

- If you want a to play without a story ( quest ) then use the Master & Commander Quest - it has no story just the one quest book entry - then you are free to do whatever you want & it gives you a good ship to start with ( watch out for the fort when you first sail away - it can sometimes fore at you.

I'm pretty good at coding and figuring out stuff like that, but I had just never transfered that kind of file before lol, and It was kind of hard to understand what you were saying at first. Is their a tutorial somewhere that shows you how to get any ship you want by doing a story? And can I create 2 save datas so I can do MAster and Command, and story quest in 2 different things so I can try them both? You know what I mean?

I like option number 2. There have been a lot of people who got the original game off a torrent coming through here looking for help. do what you have to do to get the original game working first.

- If you want a to play without a story ( quest ) then use the Master & Commander Quest - it has no story just the one quest book entry - then you are free to do whatever you want & it gives you a good ship to start with ( watch out for the fort when you first sail away - it can sometimes fire at you. )

Last Question (ITHINK) How do I change the file location for Pirates of the Caribbean so it doesnt run from that old place anymore? As in, make its destination run from the new folder I made containing all the files from both discs???

can I create 2 save datas so I can do MAster and Command, and story quest in 2 different things so I can try them both? You know what I mean?

Each story has its own save folder in the main save folder - so you can play more than one story at the same time - the max number of saves in each story folder is 40.

Is their a tutorial somewhere that shows you how to get any ship you want by doing a story?

The only tutorial is at the beginning of the Tales of a Sea Hawk Story -- the character Malcolm will take you through the game basics and tell you how things work -- you can also watch the Lets Plays done by Zolo on You tube ( as Mr British Gamer on You tube )

I'm pretty good at coding and figuring out stuff like that,

Look at the file called console in the Game's Program folder - you should see the code to give you certain ships near the top ( you can change the ship to the one you want - all the ships are listed in RESOURCE \ Models \ Ships - each ship has its own folder) to make the code work remove the // in front of the line of code - load a save and Press F12 to action the console and you should be given the new ship. --- this is the only way I know to be absolutely certain of getting a specific ship.

Last Question (ITHINK) How do I change the file location for Pirates of the Caribbean so it doesnt run from that old place anymore? As in, make its destination run from the new folder I made containing all the files from both discs???
NVM I GOT IT!!! :D I just run ENGINE from now on. THANKS SO MUCH MAN!!!!!!!!! Life Saver :D I will figure out that ship stuff too, haha!

[Last Question (ITHINK) How do I change the file location for Pirates of the Caribbean so it doesnt run from that old place anymore? As in, make its destination run from the new folder I made containing all the files from both discs???

In your new Pirates of the Caribbean folder - find the file called Engine - right click on it --- should have choice of Create Shortcut - use that to create a shortcut - drag the shortcut to your desktop, and you should be ok

I also suggest you delete any desktop shortcuts to the old location - just to be safe.

[Last Question (ITHINK) How do I change the file location for Pirates of the Caribbean so it doesnt run from that old place anymore? As in, make its destination run from the new folder I made containing all the files from both discs???

In your new Pirates of the Caribbean folder - find the file called Engine - right click on it --- should have choice of Create Shortcut - use that to create a shortcut - drag the shortcut to your desktop, and you should be ok

I also suggest you delete any desktop shortcuts to the old location - just to be safe.
OK, and I found the ship I want (blackpearl), but where is the code you talked about, I just see a bunch of files in the ship folder. What do I do from their?

Oh, and after I make a character, it says Starting New Game, and it loads for about 20 seconds, then says New Horizon has stopped working. Any ideas?

[OK, and I found the ship I want (blackpearl), but where is the code you talked about, I just see a bunch of files in the ship folder. What do I do from their?

the code is in the file called console in the Game's Program folder

Oh, and after I make a character, it says Starting New Game, and it loads for about 20 seconds, then says New Horizon has stopped working. Any ideas?

You might need to enable error logging -- check this post item # 5 for how to do this --->>> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

Try again - when game stops working look in Pirates of the Caribbean folder - there should be files called -System - Compile - Error (not everytime).

Post those as attachements here and someone should be able to tell you what the problem is.

[OK, and I found the ship I want (blackpearl), but where is the code you talked about, I just see a bunch of files in the ship folder. What do I do from their?

You might need to enable error logging -- check this post item # 5 for how to do this --->>> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

Try again - when game stops working look in Pirates of the Caribbean folder - there should be files called -System - Compile - Error (not everytime).

Post those as attachements here and someone should be able to tell you what the problem is.
Just did, but I hope someone replys soon :(

Just did, but I hope someone replys soon :(

Attachments

• compile.log
    7 KB · Views: 146
  • system.log
    374 bytes · Views: 144
Back