• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE !!

aztec_devil2000

Landlubber
I've had this problem ever since i've ever played this game, yet this game is one of my faviorates, but everytime i play it it freezes, most of the time is when it freezes randomly, aproxamately 20mins and sometimes every 100 secs. And if im lucky over an hour. But since i've installed this new MOD (Combind mod or something) It's now doing every bug that i can think of with Age of Pirates 2, Freezing Randomly and now its freezing in one spot. I'm trying to get to San Juan and sometimes around it it locks up, and when i enter underneth any cloud it locks up, it locks up many ways! If you can help me it will mean SO MUCH TO ME!!!

I'm Running Windows 7 64Bit
System Infomation
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz 1.86 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) 4.00 (3.37 GB Usable)
System type: 64-bit Operation

Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks in advanced!!!!!!$#^%&$&

Option 1: My suggestion is uninstall COAS and delete all files and folder's left after the uninstaller has finished, reinstall COAS and install CMV3.2 which you can find HERE. Download the last one ie, CMV3.2.exe Full Mod Including Fixes 1.0. double click on the installer when its finished downloading and direct the installer to your games directory, when finished start COPAS and see if it runs without any problems.

Option 2: This is the one i would use, uninstall COAS and delete all files and folders left behind, reinstall COAS and create a new folder on the desktop called Age Of Pirates 2 CMV3.2 and when the COAS instal has finisahed copy the folders and files from the Age Of Pirates 2 main folder and paste them into the folder you created on the desktop. Now download the |CMV3.2 i pointed out above and direct the installer to the COAS directory on the desktop, start the game and see if it runs as it should.

The reason i like option 2 over 1 is because its easier, this way you can use the main direcotry of COAS as your backup for vanilla files like when installed a new copy of COAS you can simply delete all files and folders from the one on your desktop and paste the ones over from vanilla rather than wait half hour or so for the game to reinstall and you can edit files without first having to remove them from the directory and move them back in after you done what ever you wanted to do to them. Also Vista and Windows 7 doesn't let some games run from the main directory which is stupid. Hope this helps. :onya

Thanks xD, i'll reinstall it and try option 2. But i'm not sure if it will fix the random engine.exe issue. I've basicly done everything, With Age of Pirates Carribien tales, i installed the Super Mod, yet diddn't really do much of a difference. But in the end this game would probably be the best ship game i've ever played. The only hard thing about it is that i need to continuesly save the game basicly every 5mins-3mins of game time!

Did you do this by any chance Windows 7 Fix?

Also are all your driver's up to date?

Whats your graphics card specs?

Saving youir game frequently is important but COAS shouldn't crash or freeze up that quick, after 5 hours then yes thats the norm but not after a few minutes or even a few seconds. Hopefully we can this problem fixed asap, someone who's running Windows 7 64 bit might know something i don't since i'm running Vista 32 bit and between Vista and Windows 7 theirs a difference as their is between 32 and 64 bit operating systems. One last question though, did you play COAS without installing any mods on the computer your having problems with when the mod is installed?

If you didn't then it could be a file wasn't overwrote which is why i pointed out the exe version of CMV3.2 because Vista and Windows 7 both ask you a few times if you wish to overwrite the files and folder's or just copy them but without replacing the old files. I know for Vista if you try to move a file into the default directory it can be a pain just as it is if editing a file in their because it doesn't allow you to save the changes. My first guess was this might be something thats happened to you and one or more files haven't been updated but are part of the mod.

I've always had this problem, the only time it has never locked up was when i first played it. Which then i had XP Service PAck 1 or 2. Vista and Windows 7 are just the same. At some point it worked good but it wasn't a 5 hour wait for a freeze, every 45mins i have a 53% chanch that it doesn't crash for another 2 hours or so, even if i leave AOP Running for half a hour, when i come back its locked up. And yah, i have installed the Combinded EXE mod.

I Beleive my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, soz i've totaly forgot where to look D:

Edit: I've basicly tried everything to what i've seen on the net to fix this problem! I have done Windows 7 Fix and Audio Fix, but the Windows 7 fix diddn't really do any difference since i had to update the drivers because it wouldn't start in the first place, due to of its saying "Please update the tage drivers".

I run COAS on a Windows 7 64 bit system.

Did you install COAS (Playlogic folder) to Program Files or to Program Files (x86)? It needs to be installed to Program Files(x86) to run properly.

Also you must download the TAGES drivers for 64bit for it to work correctly.

MK

Yah, that's all done. It's either my computer or something in my programs? Like a virus? But then again i've had this problem for 3 years! D:

Hi aztec, I'm pretty much running the same spec system as you and I get lockups whenever I'm in a storm (when the character is on foot, not on board the ship). I avoided this by simply not walking around cities in storms (jumping back into the ship if it was raining and then coming out again - it usually stopped raining once I toggled in and out of the ship).

This technique was all good until I actually reached the City of Abandoned Ships in the game and then I crashed all over the place. In the end I installed the game on my laptop, copied over the latest save game, and then played through the COAS part of the game until it stopped raining and then copied the save game back to my main PC. Before using my laptop I tried everything I could think of to get around the issue without any luck. I think it actually has something to do with DirectX and the Nvidia cards (I've read other posts on this board that were identical to my issue).

The obvious solution is to buy a non-Nvidia card, and while that may seem extreme, this game is a lot of fun and I might have done that if I didn't have a laptop to fall back to.

I hope this helps at all.

Hi aztec, I'm pretty much running the same spec system as you and I get lockups whenever I'm in a storm (when the character is on foot, not on board the ship). I avoided this by simply not walking around cities in storms (jumping back into the ship if it was raining and then coming out again - it usually stopped raining once I toggled in and out of the ship).

This technique was all good until I actually reached the City of Abandoned Ships in the game and then I crashed all over the place. In the end I installed the game on my laptop, copied over the latest save game, and then played through the COAS part of the game until it stopped raining and then copied the save game back to my main PC. Before using my laptop I tried everything I could think of to get around the issue without any luck. I think it actually has something to do with DirectX and the Nvidia cards (I've read other posts on this board that were identical to my issue).

The obvious solution is to buy a non-Nvidia card, and while that may seem extreme, this game is a lot of fun and I might have done that if I didn't have a laptop to fall back to.

I hope this helps at all.

Well, this could very well be true. But a little while before i installed the mod, it was working perfect. It could go in storms, but it only locked up at random spots. It would sometimes happen if i go in the Ship Cabbin, but sometimes it doesn't. The main problem i had before was when it was loading, but it wasn't a big deal. Obvuisly at the moment its just locking up in spesific positions. So what ever my specs were, just about the 5th last time i played AOP it was perfect.

Back