• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

help please

rbray14

Master Mariner
hi. first post,just got potc and it wont run after i choose start new game,engine.exe error everytime.i have a hp with windows xp sp2,intel pentium 4 cpu 2.80ghz,503 mb ram with a intel®
82915g/gv/910 gl express chipset family graphics card.and i have aop and that runs fine,well as fin as aop can lol.i just got potc today though and it wont run like i said with or without
any of the builds,same error everytime.help please,and thank you.

hi.well got a new prob now,installed build 12.1 then prebase 13 then build 13 full update 3,and now i get a runtime error
it terminates in a unusual way,and buildsettings.h can't be found even though it's in the potc file,and openable and editable.
this is a bit frustrating,oh it crashes now without fully loading,by the by. please,can any one help?

Ahoy rbray14

I'm guessing your computer is a laptop, right?
What you describe looks like you using on-board graphics.
I don't know about AOP, but POTC does not do well with Intel graphics chips.
If you are using a desktop, try to get an NVIDIA graphics card.

I'm sorry to say, if the stock game does not work on your computer, then none of the Mod build versions will work either.

ok,thanks,this is a desktop,and since i don't hasve the $150 or so for a new graphics card i wasted my $30? i love it lol,anyway thank you for the response.

<!--quoteo(post=235339:date=Feb 2 2008, 06:50 AM:name=rbray14)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rbray14 @ Feb 2 2008, 06:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=235339"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ok,thanks,this is a desktop,and since i don't hasve the $150 or so for a new graphics card i wasted my $30? i love it lol,anyway thank you for the response.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If you find an old one cheap, it should work.
You can probably get a GeForce 5200 for $20 - $30, cheaper if used.

Otherwise, just put the game on hold until you do get a new expensive card.
Whatever you do, keep the game. Once you get to play it, you will be glad you did.

thanks,any idea where to look for one?best buy has 'em for 90 or so,and yeah,the only reason i got the game was this site,the buildmod really
i guess i should of looked better to see if i could run the game but since i have aop i assumed and ya know what assuming does lol
but thank you for responding,i gues for now though,it's play 10 minutes of aop,crash play 20 minutes more crash ect. so on lol
mabye with the new tools and storm engine ya'll modders can fix the onboard graphics snafu? or that is probly wishful
thinking lol.anyway,thank you for the help.

i don't think that can be fixed. though maybe it will work if the game ever gets ported onto a newer engine. after all, AOP works.

It can not be fixed with the new tools, that's for certain. The tools have got nothing to do with the stability of the game or editing DLL/EXE files.

well,found a new card and the game works now,thank you for the help,and i knew nothing could be done from ya'lls end,like i said,wishful thinking
gonna download buildmod 13 final now.but thank you for the help.

Back