• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help HELP - spyglass doesn't work ! GoF 1.2

HoneyBunny

Landlubber
Hello
I have this problem that my spyglass doesn't show any information about hostile ships, apart from the name and a distance. I have the best spyglass equipped ( not sure if best, but one of the better ones ) and it's not helpful at all. I have no idea if it's my fault or some bug. I searched google and found nothing, it's shady :ninja I'm running Age of Pirates 2 CoAS GoF 1.2 with 1.0 patch on Windows 7 64bit. Haven't had any problems till now ( aparat from crushing from time to time, but that's nothing ).
Any ideas ?

Its not a big problem att all my friend, just go to options click mod options scroll down until it shows " Realistic Spyglass" that is why your spyglass will not show information like crew, cannon etc. Anyways your spyglass is set to realistic mode since I believe realistic is default just choose the other option for the original Coas spyglass info.

No problem, also many other things in the game are realistic now such as Realistic Ships or is it Realistic Shipyard, anyways
If you dont want the shipyards to be realistic that means they only give you small, sometimes big ships instead of Coas original
where you can choose from a varietie of vessels , and Realistic weights, etc. Check out the Mod options you can set everything to your liking.

Yep a lot of switches in there that you can toggle on or off, some are set to on by default like realistic spyglass. But each switch option does have a discription that will tell you what its for, for example. realistic ship purchase will as Buck explained only allow you to find ships you would expact to find in real life, all large ships like Corvette's, Friget's, Galleon's etc would have been specifically build for the nation to use or for on rare occations for very wealthy and influential tradesmen, but that would have been rare as most trademen would have purched old warship built galleon's that the nation no longer had use for or hired/captured there own.

Many trademen used small but agile ships anyway, only the main trademen like store owners used the more obvious trade ships we all know as Galleon's, Fleut's etc.

But you can certainly change the way the game plays a lot with those switches, and you don't have to have any of them on in conjuction with other's. You could have for exaple realistic prices on and realistic weights off.

Back