• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed help the church

If the files really weren't changed in Beta 3.1 then you can get the unmodified ones from the Contents Archive.
Good thinking! That's definitely worth a try, because the "Father Bernard_dialog" is indeed modified by the Installer EXE.

I unzipped the beta 3 full and replaced the 2 father Bernard dialog files and just tried it again. No joy. There must be another file involved somewhere.

In the Jack sparrow storyline you will find the 2 father Bernard files,maybe you can compare them.
I don´t know if the quest Help the church work in that storyline.

I looked and there are a LOT of differences between the Jack Sparrow and Standard files, but they seem to be related to that storyline.

Further looking in Winmerge showed a difference in line 19 between the beta 3.2 and the beta 3.2 archive. I changed it but it made no difference.

Wow! That is exactly our problem! :thumbs1

But! The stuff Levis shows in his post is VERY different from what I have in my install. :8q A coder will have to look at this and try to make some sense out of it as it is all Chinese to me. :pirate07:

I think the same problem is in the Jack Sparrow storyline side quest 'Help the church'.
Does anybody know if that side quest works?

I believe that side quest was added late last year. If it didn't work in the Sea Hawk storyline it one would think it would not work in the Hoist the Colors storyline either.

In that case,I think the attached file must be the rigt one.

Attachments

• Father Bernard_dialog.c
    31.6 KB · Views: 154
In the Sea Hawk storyline there is something wrong with the Help the church side quest.

I did it according to plan. Got the letters and talked to everyone. The quest book says all is well, but when I went back to Port Royal and talked to the priest the dialog stops when I am supposed to hand over the letters.

There is some mention of it in the system.log.
got the same trouble..tried loading earlier save but still does not work..did both strange things and help the church and can't finish quests

I also have problem with that quest in HTC storyline but at mine's the waitress' dialogue is empty. I checked the h. file and didn't notice any mistakes.

Where do I find the waitress dialog. Have you tried this fix.

Attachments

• Father Bernard_dialog.c
    31.6 KB · Views: 148
I found that dialog! It is called eng_officiant_dialog.h and eng_officiant_dialog.c.

I think it interact with the Father Bernard dialog. So try the father Bernard dialog fix

I looked in Winmerge and the C file of the SH storyline is very different from the C file of the HTC storyline.

Back