• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] The three crystal skulls

giocoso

Freebooter
I saw that there are 6 (3x2) skulls in COAS.
And 'possible to find out the COAS?
Until now I found 2, and only with PG French:
1): the first city, street merchants (blue skull).
2): the quest-line French: The Disposal of Marquis Bonrepaux (pink skull, dropped to Captain Guay).
And third skull (white)? Where is it?
….
And yet:
There are crystal skulls out COAS and out quest-line French?

I saw that there are 6 (3x2) skulls in COAS.
And 'possible to find out the COAS?
Until now I found 2, and only with PG French:
1): the first city, street merchants (blue skull).
2): the quest-line French: The Disposal of Marquis Bonrepaux (pink skull, dropped to Captain Guay).
And third skull (white)? Where is it?
….
And yet:
There are crystal skulls out COAS and out quest-line French?

I found them in random treasures (well, only blue and pink)...also, outside COAS, it think you can find them in Tenochtitlan (but not sure about that).

...I found them in random treasures (well, only blue and pink)...also, outside COAS, it think you can find them in Tenochtitlan (but not sure about that).
No, in Tenochtitlan there only jade skull (no crystal)
The problem is the white crystal skull.

I found all 3 (2 of each) in Chad Capper's chest in the CoAS along with plenty of other goodies. If you have the chance to go there, it's a great place to grab a new ship and some rare treasures and equips. I don't know if it's a random spawn in the chest or not since that quest line is a bit of a pain at times and I often ignore it, but it seems to be too exact to be random.

I have not explained.
I already said that the COAS there are always 6 skulls (3x2) in the chest of Layton Dexter.
The problem is another:
In beginning, with a new PG, in the first city, you find a Blue Skull by street merchants.
We must find the other two, but not in CoAS.
I believe that there are in the game.
Only one, a Pink Skull, is in the Captain Guy (The Disposal of Marquis Bonrepaux, French quest-line).
But out of quest-line French?
And the the third, the White Skull?

Some items don't appear for a while in-game. For example, it takes time for the good weapons/spyglasses to appear in vendors' inventories and are never around in the beginning of the game. I checked the list of items and there's no specific place it can drop, but there's about .01% chance that it will drop at all and nothing is set as to who drops it (soldiers, citizens, skeletons, etc.) so until someone finds a way to obtain the other 2 skulls regardless of what nation you serve, your best bet would be to head off to the CoAS and start looting.

...I checked the list of items and there's no specific place it can drop,but there's about .01% chance that it will drop at all and nothing is set as to who drops it (soldiers, citizens, skeletons, etc.) ...
Ok, thanks.
But you have found the skulls out of COAS?
And in which file/folder you have checked this information?

I can confirm that I did in fact find all three skulls in CoAS. I went through the quest again with a new character and all three were still there. All three are located in the same place (Chad Capper's chest). I found the item drops in the initItems file, so everything in there is exactly as it shows up in-game.

We continue to misunderstand ... :shrug
We know that in the chest of Chad Capper (guarded by the skeleton of Layton Dexter, in the ship Tartarus) there are always 6 skulls (3x2).
I wonder: someone has found the skull pink and the skull white out the CoAS???
If yes, where?

yes, i can comfirm the pink skull is on captain guy. in the french quest, as i have it. I have never seen the white skull however.
And obiously the blue skull is sold at the beggining of the game by merchants

yes, i can comfirm the pink skull is on captain guy. in the french quest, as i have it. I have never seen the white skull however.
And obiously the blue skull is sold at the beggining of the game by merchants
Yes, previously I said...
...In beginning, with a new PG, in the first city, you find a Blue Skull by street merchants.
We must find the other two, but not in CoAS.
I believe that there are in the game.
Only one, a Pink Skull, is in the Captain Guy (The Disposal of Marquis Bonrepaux, French quest-line).
But out of quest-line French?
And the the third, the White Skull?
The poblem remains... :?

Now I remember a funny but not significant detail: There are three skulls in the Askold quest, when awakening Leif Ericson (gives them the Governor of Guadalupe); but can not use them because you lose immediately, for regain your body! xD:

I found the blue and the white crystal skull outside of coas and the mummypowder quest, here: both in a "regular" treasure chest, like Courtier Clothes, Merchant Clothes, Tanats and the very special 7-kg-telescope for example.

Back