• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Weapons

Someboddy

Landlubber
Hello,its me again xD ..

this time i have a question about weapons.. i wanted to ask if i have to stick to light weapons because of my character capabilities ( my reaction & insight are on 9 ) but i find heavy weapons just better because the punch twice as hard as light weapons. but my endurance & power are only on 6.

both my light & heavy weapon skills are at 25 , that brings me to my second question what do the weapon skills affect ? damage ? energy usage ? what ?

Nice issue. I also want to know more about weapons. Some experienced player please give us some feedback?

I like to turn them off! :ixi :ixi

You can right-click the skill to check the dependencies.

Light: R*09 + I*0.1
Medium: P*0.6 + R*0.4
Heavy: P*0.9 + E*0.1

Withouth high P (P > 6) heavy weapons are kinda inefficient: you'll expend most of the time blocking and waiting for your energy to come back. The Dynamo perk helps a lot. They hit like a truck, on the other hand.

Medium calls for less P that it appears, as you can balance with good R. And light are about R.

With PIRATES 7,7,6,6,8,7,8 and Dynamo my char can handle any sword reasonabily. She'll find herself short of energy with heavy ones but it is workable, some blocking will get her up.

Elite fencing helps too: 30% less damage.

No sword can beat a good and noisy four bullet pistol, though. :shoot:

Cheers.
buho (A).

Like buho said energy is crucial, always try to maximise it when building character.

I personally find medium weapons most convenient. They they can deal decent damage and not that energy hungry. However in order to get more personal skills I use other kind of weapons. Medium are my primary weapon though.

weapon skills affect ? damage ? energy usage ? what ?
Both.

Back