• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help with “AOP Strategy Guide”

dameain

Landlubber
I am posting this on the “Hooked on Pirates”, and Pirates Ahoy” forums’ as a call for help with a Strategy Guide I have been working on for AOP. I know some of you are thinking what the point of a Strategy Guide is for AOP, but this aforementioned guide will also include information on the changes that “Supermod” brings, as well as the fan made expansion “Secrets of the Far Seas”.

Questions which need Answering:

- What is the point of “North Rift”, (an area of reefs north of Tortuga)?

- Does it ever state in the game who betrayed Nicholas Sharpe? If not could the dialog be edited to make the captain of the pirate ship you fight after arriving at Isla Mona, the person who also betrayed Nicholas Sharpe.

- What is the “Isla Mona Duel Field”?

Possible Game Change Questions:

- Is it possible to unlock the room under the circular carpet, at your residence on Isla Mona? If so, how would you edit the code?

- Is it possible to add another Island into the game? (I was thinking about halfway between Jamaica and Curacao, where that big tear on the map is?)

Help Requests:

To anyone who can or would want to help with this Strategy Guide, I need the following:

- Pictures of the Main and Secondary Characters in the game

- Pictures of all the Weapons, Items, and trade goods used in game, along with stats and general information.

- Pictures of the islands, (Travel Sea view)

Again Thanks to any one who would want to help. :onya

Included is a sample "Table of Contents"

I don't think the authors of the game ever really intended to let us in on the secret of who betrayed Mr. Shark*, though considering that an expansion mod is in the thoughts (is that still happening, what's this "Secrets of the Far Seas" deal? I'll have to do some research…), I thought it would be neat to have what's-his-face-the-guy-who-supposedly-helps-you-set-up-a-nation be the betrayer, and have him be just a European agent who specializes in keeping the pirates disunited. Then have him betray you near the end of the main storyline. (Only this time Beatrice warns you just in time to save your fleet/islands/whatever…) The talk she wants to have with you after the Free Captain's Meeting could involve her yet unspecified suspicions.

Enough of that, anyway. I'll see about getting you some island pics.

Back