• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help with best ships!

Ivana

Powder Monkey
Hey lads! :dance

I know about the Flying Duchman and the Bluebird but I've read about some other ships I didn't find in the game like Sea Wolf (or something).

Could someone please write the names and the locations or quests of the special ships in the game? I've also read about a special corvette (I think...), I'd like to make a fleet made with those ships so please help me out!

Thank you! :will

You mean the quest corvette, the one you get after the city of abandoned ships quest. Well, in the 3.2 at least it is named in the file as corvette_quest (the shipyard has it simply as corvette when I wrote the command to generate it, I have no idea of another legit way to get it.......). It is black, has 40 guns and is the fastest ship in the game. In the vanila game it was named wardog I think, but not anymore. The other ship, the frigate of the Peter Blood quest, I think you can buy it from the shipyard, but there is a custom made model, the HMS Mordeaunt or sth like that, which is a heavily improved and better looking model of the ship, also at the shipyard.
Sea Wolf is a brig I think, you get it from a quest from the pirate chief at Bermuda, but honestly I can't remember right now, you may have to talk to Morgan first (?)

Your getting the quest Corvette and the Corvette we ported over mixed up i think because none of the quest ships names have been changed, one of the Corvette's ported over looks like the quest Corvette and most likely was taken from COAS and put in POTC which is why we have her in CMV3.2 as a normal Corvette. The quest Corvette is still the same ship as in vanilla though.

I know all that, I have her at the shiputilities.c, it is among the ships that Ivana asked about. Speaking of which, why is this and the quest brig the only two ships that are not in the shipyard list? Even the flying Dutchman is. I guess they should be included.....

Are you sure about the quest Corvette and Flying Dutchman been listed in that file because they shouldn't be. By adding any ship to that file your telling the game to generated them at the shipyard for sale and it increases the likely hood of them been generated at sea. The only quest ship we added was the Arabella and that's because the only way of getting her is by doing the Blood storyline and i didn't see why a ship should be tied down to 1 character when any character should be able to use her..

No i think you get the Quest Corvette after completing the City Of Lost Ships quest.

The blueprints are just part of the random quests you can get throughout the game world, they don't mount up to anything big in fact they don't mount up to anything. So getting all the blue prints will not make a new ship type become avilab;e to you (although it would be nice if it did).

No i think you get the Quest Corvette after completing the City Of Lost Ships quest.

The blueprints are just part of the random quests you can get throughout the game world, they don't mount up to anything big in fact they don't mount up to anything. So getting all the blue prints will not make a new ship type become avilab;e to you (although it would be nice if it did).

To logic... It should have been a part of a Main Quest.

Getting BluePrints. Gather Different part of information of the BluePrints.
Then at some part of the Quest. He had an Ideal Ship that would be fast and deadly.

He would ask you to gather a last piece of a Unique BluePrint added to his Ideal Ship Ideas.

He then would give you a few days or weeks then come back and Test the new Brigade Ship.

Fast and Flexible in the Water, Carry a decent Caliber cannons, Enough crew to invade a Manowar. Would be the Rare Unique Ship next to Corvette.

For Helping doing this in favor. He would give the Original to you.

That would be fun ~

Ok! I started everything from the beginning! I did CoAS (kill the beggars quest) and I got Dog Of War Corvette (I adore it It's super fast), I finished the first quest from Morgan and I got Sea Dog (I think it's a Brig) it looks amazing, and I also have Peter Blood's frigate (I think it's a frigate) Cincho Lagas (forgot how to spell it) witch is also an amazing ship!!! Now I did the Enchanted City and Tenoc.... aztec temple thing and I am after Queen Brig, when I get it I'll do the Flying Dutchman quest! If I understood this right Soleil Royale Is a Manohwar you get by doing the French questline and there is also Blue Bird xebec you get by doing the storekeeper's quest so here's my question: Is that it? Is there any other special ship I forgot about? If yes than could please anyone write what did I miss and how to get it! :will

No I think that's it. You have listed all the quest ships. :onya

However with the CMV 3.2 and upcoming GOF mods we have so many new ships over vanilla, that I think there are even better looking ships than the quest ships. :keith

MK

However with the CMV 3.2 and upcoming GOF mods we have so many new ships over vanilla, that I think there are even better looking ships than the quest ships. :keith

MK

Hm... Could you please explain the terms Vanilla game, CVM 3.2 and Gof mod? I keep hearing about those things but I don't know what do they mean! :shrug Are those like patches, so vanilla would be original not upgraded game? Could you please tell me what can those thingies do? Thank you...

MK

Hm... Could you please explain the terms Vanilla game, CVM 3.2 and Gof mod? I keep hearing about those things but I don't know what do they mean! :shrug Are those like patches, so vanilla would be original not upgraded game? Could you please tell me what can those thingies do? Thank you...

CMV3.2 is a mod that improves the gam,e stability, adds many ships and some much improved features like more characters to play as, improved weather. You can read all about CMV3.2 in this thread

GOF is a mod we are currently working on which will further inhance our previous work, fixing bugs and improving features aswell as adding new things to the game. This mod is not due for release yet and a expected release date can't be given because we still have much to work on. Their are no threads about GOF and what it will offer only posts that show you some changes but they are scattered around the modding forum and wil be difficult to track down.

My tip is to play vanilla aka the game with no mods and after a while try the game with CMV3.2 installed (would require a new game for the mod to work) that way you'll get a better idea of what has been done and be able to see how our work has improved the game, you can then decide if you like the modded version or the stock game.

Hope this helps

MK

CMV3.2 is a mod that improves the gam,e stability, adds many ships and some much improved features like more characters to play as, improved weather. You can read all about CMV3.2 in this thread

GOF is a mod we are currently working on which will further inhance our previous work, fixing bugs and improving features aswell as adding new things to the game. This mod is not due for release yet and a expected release date can't be given because we still have much to work on. Their are no threads about GOF and what it will offer only posts that show you some changes but they are scattered around the modding forum and wil be difficult to track down.

My tip is to play vanilla aka the game with no mods and after a while try the game with CMV3.2 installed (would require a new game for the mod to work) that way you'll get a better idea of what has been done and be able to see how our work has improved the game, you can then decide if you like the modded version or the stock game.

Hope this helps

MK

Hope this helps

Thank you!!! You helped a lot! I understand it now! :yes

Is it possible to concider increasing the max number of ships(to like 8-10) u can control in ur fleet in the mod?(and also increase military and punitive sqd to also have more ships and like double the ship number in the gold fleet XD - just some wild thought)

Is it possible to concider increasing the max number of ships(to like 8-10) u can control in ur fleet in the mod?(and also increase military and punitive sqd to also have more ships and like double the ship number in the gold fleet XD - just some wild thought)

If you go into Age of Pirates 2\Program == _mod_on_off you will see a switch called Realiostic Encounters. Set that to 0 and you will have the stock encounters which makes the game a little more difficult at the start however i think it makes the game more easier in the end because you can get higher class of ships quicker than if it wasn't set to stock settings.

I can't say what wil happen about more companions because as of yet no discuissions have been made about it, we know it can be done and their is a post some where on the forum that talks about it. i think their is evern a mod for it but its not compatable with CMV3.2.

If you go into Age of Pirates 2\Program == _mod_on_off you will see a switch called Realiostic Encounters. Set that to 0 and you will have the stock encounters which makes the game a little more difficult at the start however i think it makes the game more easier in the end because you can get higher class of ships quicker than if it wasn't set to stock settings.

I can't say what wil happen about more companions because as of yet no discuissions have been made about it, we know it can be done and their is a post some where on the forum that talks about it. i think their is evern a mod for it but its not compatable with CMV3.2.

What does this "realistic encounters" actually do? I don't recall it being mentioned in any notes/readme/changelog of cmv 3.2?

I have a question about "Soleil Royal".

So I did the French questline, only two more quests to go, I captured Santo Domingo and now I'm of too Santa Catalina! :keith

How do I get Soleil Royal? Do I just go to the Spanish ships an she will follow and get boarded by the Spanish or can I take her after the battle for Santa Catalina? Can I get the final Title even if she gets boarded and then retaken? Please..... :will

I just want this ship so badly! She looks amazing...

Edit: NWM I got it!! I took it after my Admiral title, they told me she was gonna be there for a nother month before returning to the Old World so I went to get my title and came back to steal her! :piratesahoy!

By the way, the Dog of War isn't the fastest ship in the game :D

If you buy a stock corvette from a shipyard that has a max speed of 17.8x and upgrade it in Bermuda, you get a max speed of 21.xx !!

"..Nigh uncatchable" as Jack Sparrow would put it.

Of course, I have the CoAS CTD bug, so I didn't get the chance to see if the Dog of War can be upgraded in Bermuda, but wouldn't that be awesome?

Back